47 Replies Latest reply: Mar 16, 2012 8:03 PM by Schaep RSS

Black Box, easily the campiest Map ever.

I liked Black Box.

Liked.

Now, everytime I play this map, since the only way you can play it is through the Elite Playlist... smart move there.

It's all Snipers.  If you try and not use a Sniper, you'll die.

Run through plane, get killed by sniper cmaping top stairs with Fmgs.

Run through consturction get shot by sniper in Sunroom, or sniper camping construction with FMGs.

Just played a match, their entire team rolling Blind Eye, assassin.  Can't really counter sniper that.  I use marksmen when I snipe, it gets countered by Assassin.  Just like everything else.

Can we get a halfway decent, Non camping map for once?

• Re: Black Box, easily the campiest Map ever.
    CowboySr

Or....you could stop running like a headless chicken and adapt when you find those kind of rooms.

rankismet

Smoke?

ctrl-s

Initially, I did not like it.

I used to only run n gun, but I've been adopting assault rifles to see if it helps my game.

Since the Assault Rifle adoption, I've had some success on Black Box and other medium sized maps. Map wise, I like the additional vertical axis targets (more like BLOPS).

bigjon00

i really dont see why your complaining for , finaly we've got a sniper friendly map FINALY...

you could use smoke like that guy said ii love the map

1) "since the only way you can play it is through the Elite Playlist... smart move there." the hell do you mean, until the 20th that’s the only place you can play it so please explain what this comment has to do with anything?

2) like bigjon00 said, it's about time we get a sniper map were we have a real veiw of the game rather then hoping we dont get shot in the most obvious places. until now most of the sniping spots in MW3 are crap and anyone with half a brain will be able to spot and kill you.

3) This map is probably one of the best yet and don’t take that from a camper this is from a run and gunner. i run overkill with ACR and SMG, camper or not there dead. If you don’t play smart then you’re going to die no matter how the map is. IW put a lot of work into this map and i don’t think people should be so quick to be rude and snotty about it. this is the first map in MW3 where players can spend the entire game sniping without being put into a spot that lets everyone know where they are.

4) Out of all the maps that they have why do you have to complain the second a real sniper map comes out? the 4 new maps 2 full gun on gun, 1 gun on gun/slight snipe, and one snipe that still works well as a gun on gun. on top of all the other maps they already have that are hard to really snipe on. So why single this 1 map out?

On another note I would really like to thank the developers for putting so much work into this map, it by far blows away the rest on detail, size (at least feeling), complexity, and the ability to play any class type. Because of the huge open areas you can snipe and have fun, and because of the back yards, the planes, the building, you can also have fun firefights. So thanks devs

CODNoob12

You made a great point. I was playing BB with my brother last night via party and I said "I'm not sure I love this map, it's hard, campers, snipers.." He (who is a much better and more experienced player than I am) said "that is a good thing. This game needs some hard maps." And although I am not great at MW3, I think he's right. This map is a challenge and will continue to be.

I didn't do great last night on this map, but I did run Recon in one of my classes, and that did make traversing through the thing a little easier.

Last but not least. in a few days these maps will hit all lobbies and you can do what everyone does when they don’t like a map, vote for a different one. Wanting all four dlc to cater to your game style is greedy & selfish, think of all the players who are going to have a blast on that map. 1 sniper map out of 4 dlc maps is a fine cut and I hope it keeps up so those of us who like to snipe get 1 map like this each dlc.

people will always find something to moan about wont they, people were moaning there was no sniper friendly maps now IW has gave us one people are still not happy

trialstardragon

Weird you say BB is more campier, I think that title still goes to liberation. You can run-n-gun quite easily on the map if you stay away from the open middle ground. That area is always going to have at least 1-2 snipers watching it.

Stick the low areas, hug the walls, just HS, PR, smoke when moving from building to building. Flash them, stun them, bunny hop the corner to kill them.

Its easy to counter snipe them, just move slower when getting in to position. Do not rush so much, take your time move more methodical.

Southend_boi

i dont have  this map but as far as i can tell... this map is a problem. i play nothing but domination and i hate it when my teammates do nothing but stand in one place trying to rank up enough kills for their killstreaks instead of playing the objective.

smh, most non objective friendly maps.

If you are a dom player you will love this map due to perfect and balanced flag spots and this map all flags are easily taken so you can't just take it for granted that you have 2 and your good because we went from all 3 flags capped to being dominated in a matter of seconds and it wasn't because of kill whoring neither.

r8edtripx

Paddi wrote:

I liked Black Box.

Liked.

Now, everytime I play this map, since the only way you can play it is through the Elite Playlist... smart move there.

It's all Snipers.  If you try and not use a Sniper, you'll die.

Run through plane, get killed by sniper cmaping top stairs with Fmgs.

Run through consturction get shot by sniper in Sunroom, or sniper camping construction with FMGs.

Just played a match, their entire team rolling Blind Eye, assassin.  Can't really counter sniper that.  I use marksmen when I snipe, it gets countered by Assassin.  Just like everything else.

Can we get a halfway decent, Non camping map for once?

Black Box gets no love from me either, but Liberation still has to be the worst.

mralpharogue

One word:

Explosions.

Problem = Solved.

I had no idea that I couldn't shoot a sniper that was using Assassin. You're telling me you cant tell the difference between a friendly and an enemy without their names appearing? I think I have heard that before, and its still pathetic. If you can't snipe, thats your fault. I snipe all the time, on a lot of different maps, if I choose to buy this DLC, which is highly unlikely, I'm sure I will have no problem shooting everyone on the enemy team.

So your telling me that one of the three maps actually designed for snipers sucks because people are using the sniper the way it was intended to (sitting at a long distance) instead of running around quick scoping? Honestly I am almost never frustrated on this map because there are multiple flanking routs, or stick to the houses if you want close quarters

Personally I find Black Box to be he best map in the game. Its a balanced map while thankfully not being symmetrical. Great for any gun, especially snipers, unlike any other map in the game. Its the only map were you can SNIPE, not quickscope, anywhere on the map effectively, not just in certain spots.

i agree with the complaint of an over campable map. and for those who say run around like a chicken with your head cut off, yea well its a common play style. a majority of the community that enjoys the game that way rather than sitting in 1 spot 3-4  minutes at a  time. you cant really end camping unless you make them visible to all after a time period at which point they could just move -_- so camping never ends but that doesn't mean contribute to it. "check your corners, use this to beat them" its hard to check your corners when a camper is literally sitting there watching the corner waiting for you to come around. he sees your gun tip and starts to fire before your screen even show him. snipers. great part of the game. i love to snipe, i love to run & gun too. but what defines "fair" gameplay with a sniper, to me: sitting in a generally open, flankable area where you can cover an open piece of land while still having some protection. what pisses me off the most, squating behind an object, moving back a foot so your head is barely visible and waiting. realistically, great tactic, game wise, cmon..get up and move. put effort into the game and dont abuse an easy way to get kills. i mean by the time it takes to ADS and get a shot to you, you've already picked em off. enjoy the map and enjoy the game! look at the details they put into it! you put all this money into the game nnot to mention the time of your own life just to sit somewhere or play the same area? ever see the devs play?? they run a gun tactically. they snipe fair. they dont abuse the game because most of them just dont like that play  "style" rant complete? just about. rockets. they're okay to use just not excessively..everyone should know what I mean! i dont like getting killed by the 2-3 rockets sent flying by tagteam campers who've just found out where you spawned. go for the challenges! i dont care! i'll have to use it a lot to complete the weapon challenges myself but im not gonna just go out and become a rocketman. im still going to enjoy the game while trying to let others as well. when the game reaches the point where you cant get a kill after 5-6 deaths, everyone should just quit because obviously 1 team has an unfair advantage to the point where the whole/most opposite team cant even play the map. it becomes annoying and sad. makes it not worth my time and just is disappointing to see a very nice looking map go to waste. okay rant over. oh. BTW if noone has found it yet, the bear is in the pool.

I've only played this map in private match, but it does look like a map that many people will use acog snipers on. It still looks like it'd be easy to circumvent them.

Rednecksniper39

So you are getting killed by snipers "camping." I think you mean snipers sniping. We finally get a map where you can truly snipe and people complain about it. Imagine that.

Schaep

I LOVE!!! THIS MAP!!!