"What performance do you want from BO2 and what message would you like to send to 3ARC?"
a) FOX off topic just say and we will move to where you say
b) I will tweet thread to Vonderhaar if it runs.
If you would like some Food for thought read on;
1. The key themes arising from mw3 performance are thatt IW have struggled with latency management, spawn logic and Community Management., largely due to infrequent and poorly integrated Communications. IW has lost creditiblity with Community Leaders and Optinion shapers largely due to mis-management of the Communications process. I could add a lot of comment on BH and Elite but this is a whole can of worms I will avoid for brevity.
2. Community Management and latency rectification are generally superior through 3arc over IW as IW do not do good Community Comms see point 1 and IW and lost half it's devs at crucial mw3 Dev stages. This loss of experienced talent likely contributed to inadequate levels of work and testing on Latency Management and Spawn Logic based on game performance and Community and Media investigation Nov 11-Mar 12.
4. I Suggest the success of CoD franchise will lie heavily on how 3arc demonstrates it is likely to deliver improved latency management and spawn performance in lead up to BO2 release Nov this year. Vonderhaar needs to understand that IW have made his customer base angry and wary that they will be "arse-raped" on latency and spawns given the performance of IW. It is cruticial for Vonderhaar to get on the front foot on these issues and win but the Community Leader and Opinion Shapers that these issues will be sorted. Involving these people in a closed beta will likely be under consideration.
5. There is some evidence the 3arc have got the message at point 4. Tweet traffic to Vonderhaar traffic contains a significant % of lag and spawn content. I guarantee BO2 engineers are buffing the engine in these areas as we speak and will test the hell out of it. Again closed a beta may well be a tool that is deployed from August to assure BO2 delivers a solid FPS experience and to win back Community trust.
6. Given points 4 and 5 a much better thread may be on expected BO2 engine perfromance and discussion as to how 3arc will guarantee;
"We have listened to the Community which is soooo Passionate"
(is it just me or does every serious player want to gouge their eyes our when they hear this Syrup)
that latency management and spawn logic in BO2 will be superior to mw3 and that performance monitoring and sufficient skilled and experienced number of engineers are in place to fine tune/balance the latency experience immendiately from release day (Mon12 Nov 2012 - my guess folks).
7. Based on a 12 Nov release date and Community expectations, Vonderhaar and his gang or magnificant Engineers and Professional Community Managers would need to start demonstrating to the Community BO2 will provide better latency management and spawn logic from April-May 2012.