14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2012 4:51 PM by wrecku RSS

RPG vs SMAW.....

electricfuneralfire

The RPG more damage vs the SMAW accuracy. I love the RPG but man does it do some crazy things sometime. It seems like have the time it will go exactly where I aim it and need it to go. The other half it will go exactly the worse way it can go and totally miss an easy kill or even kill me.

• Re: RPG vs SMAW.....
    electricfuneralfire

Anyone else love the RPG so much but have it do some hatefull things to you?

50calmastr

I will take a stinger over both any day... Gotta love ruining someone's reaper.

I hadn't noticed the RPG being as bad as it was in black ops. I just like having two rockets.

JGDC74

I unlocked the RPG with a token in the PS3 version!

It's great having this as an option, especially when there are 'cheapscopers' in the game. Yesterday, just for a laugh I blasted someone in the back at point blank range with it!

adw1983

RPG = 2 free kills per life.

SMAW = 1 free kill per life

Neither can shoot down killstreaks.

It takes 3 SMAWs to take down an attack helicopter, and at least 3 (at least 2 hits + 1 sacked to the flare) to take down a reaper.

It can only kill UAV and Counter-UAV and personell.

One magazine with any AR using Blind-Eye pro can also take out an UAV...
      So:

RPG.

Well, you can actually shoot down such things with the RPG.

It just takes very good aiming and A LOT of luck. I have managed to get lucky enough to shoot down UAVs, a Reaper, and AC-130 with it before (gotta lead them by quite a bit for the rocket to intersect with their flight path well enough), but only once each so far, but I couldn't stop laughing after I did.

Attack Helicopters, AH-6s, Pave Lows, and Ospreys are far easier to hit due to their much lower altititude. By pure accident, I even manage to kill a Recon Drone...except it flew right in my face when I was firing, so I ended up killing myself too, lol.

SMAW has more versatility in being able to free fire OR lock onto aerial killstreaks, but with the trade-off of just 1 rocket and is also pretty weak against vehicles besides UAV stuff. (Can't even take down an Attack Helicopter, IIRC, unless it's already damaged somehow.) Of course, the usual downside also being that if you lock onto stuff with flares, it can be diverted.

RPG has 2 rockets and more damage, but at the cost of slightly less accuracy (as said, it can sometimes be pretty accurate, but be HORRIBLY inaccurate at other times, it's pretty random like that), but also has the advantage of not worrying about flares if you try to fire at the Pave Low, Osprey, and so on as it's a free fire rocket and not lock-on.

So really, I think it primarily comes down to personal preference followed by the map type in terms of Launcher choice. Like on Resistance, I tend to go for the RPG. Firstly, because people love to camp in the middle house, so the blast radius and damage from 2 RPG rockets will usually be able to kill or flush out the campers in there, or you can use it to blow up vehicles and if the rocket explosion itself doesn't get them, then the explosion(s) from the vehicle(s) will.

adw1983

I always use the stinger, however, and can tell you that thing kills YOU, the wielder, a lot because it pokes 2 feet out over your head, giving away your position ANYWHERE.

electricfuneralfire

Riptide I agree the RPG is no where near as bad as Black Ops. I really hate to even complain about the RPG at all cause I love it so much. But because I play mostly SnD, I especially notice the times it goes wild on me because it results in a death. Like it will someone how go right into an object 10 feet in front of me when it seems like it had no chance of doing so. Sometimes I will shoot it right into a wall directly behind someone or the ground next to them where it should seemingly kill them but doesnt even when dude dont have Blast shield. Then I will see there kill cam and it will show my RPG blast them basically in the feet and there screen wont even get red. Almost like when I shoot someone with a shotty and dont even get a hitmarker. I dont know I guess the RPG works in mysterious ways. Love it to death tho lol.

game4fun

I would have to say rpg because of 2 rockets.I perfer the stinger out of all the launchers so i can take down air support easy.I also love the stinger because i love to shoot assault drones with it lol.

ive been rpg sniping since cod4

wrecku

I used my 1st token for a RPG. I love it for cleaning out campers in buildings. Every once in a while its path gets a little wonky but it seems if I aim and wait a bit before firing its path is a little straighter.