18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 2:26 PM by tedge RSS

To the people saying "go back to CoD4"

xFANCY_KIWIx

Sorry to burst your bubble but that's NEVER going to happen. There have been to many changes and addations that going back to that would most likely get raid of half the players and before you say who cares or whatever you have to remebre that Activision is money hungry beyond all belief. I would like to see a return to MW2 core. As far as the challenges for unlocks and pro perks. I would also like to see the return of MW2 style kill streaks. You have one kind and they stack. I also want stopping power back because without it people use stealth perks without really losing anything for it. In MW2 if you wanted stealth you had to give up power. I think MW2 got the perfect balance of smooth and easy gameplay and challenge. I also think MW2 had the best maps. I would also LOVE to see the knife gone but that's not gonna happen. And if you want CoD4 so bad just play it and hope you don't find a hacked lobby instead of coming on here and saying what's been said countless times before.

• Re: To the people saying "go back to CoD4"
    hockeykid2319

Have you ever played CoD4? CoD4 = Most balanced and Best CoD ever. Plus if you dont want a hacked game in CoD4 just lag your connection and the game will make you host with no host migration, because it didnt exist. And thanks for pointing out what we already knew (that they wouldnt return to CoD4 because Activison doesnt give a sh*t). Im done.

xFANCY_KIWIx

I don't think CoD4 was the most balanced. Thats all personal opinion. I'm sick of people ignoring the problems with CoD4 and then bashing and hating on MW2 for it's problems. The m16 was a death laser. 3x frag was a pocket air strike. I know the M4A1 had to get nerf a lot shortly have the game came out. And did you forget that kill streaks stack for the life you call it in? Get a heli, die, call it in and you almost get another one for free.

Ok but on MW2 every gun was a death laser give or take. The famas was a one burst kill so what. You got 3x frags but thats it per life on the other hand MW2 had danger close and unlimited noobtubes because of one man army. The heli's on CoD4 weren't that good anyway so who cares if they stacked ever heard of a harrier or a chopper gunner.

kiwi has been pwned

Also when i used to play cod4 choppers would be in the air for just long enough to go down. air strike was more useful but due to random path it was limited and the game was very gun and skill based. sure the m16 had its issues with being too accruate for how much damage each burst did, but not to the point that people were afried to use other guns since each gun had its share of usefulness.

the g3 and m14 were beast back than. T.T

KIWI you also forget cod4 had both ranked dedi-servers and mod support as well as custom map support. so yea cod4 overall is better than mw3.

Also mw3 and mw2 why you have no level like mile high club that people can brag about beating.

So to not get a hacked lobby you suggest cheating?

adw1983

My complete list of suggested fixes for CoD4

M16: Reduce ROF to 800, decrease burst delay to 0.15 seconds.

Juggernaut: Make it cancel out stopping power and reduce explosives damage, but NOT reduce 20 damage to 15.
      Too many weapons deals 20 damage at some range, and without stopping power, those weapons go from a horrible 5 hit kill to an impossible 7 hit kill, while the juggernaut only needs 5 hits with the same weapon.

3x frag: Reduce to 2x frag

G36C: Improve recoil to MW3 G36C recoil pattern, and take away all the sway

ACOG: Increase centerspeed to original levels.

MW 1 had such diversity:

Assault rifles:
      M16: Burst fire OP rifle
      M4: Fully automatic low recoil super-accurate rifle with high sway
      AK47: Fully automatic medium damage inaccurate rifle
      G3: Accurate single fire rifle with medium damage
      M14: High recoil single fire rifle with high damage (Juggernaut-rifle)
      G36C: Fell inbetween chairs; Worse than AK47 and M4

MP44: An artifact; Worse than AK47

5/7 ARs have their unique roles and identity

SMGs:

MP5: High recoil moderate rate of fire
      AK74u: High recoil moderate rate of fire with AR hipspread and AR bullet penetration
      P90: High rate of fire low damage
      Skorpion: Accurate high damage low range SMG (Juggernaut-SMG)
      Mini-Uzi: A sick joke
      4/5 SMGs have their unique roles and identities

Sniper rifles:

M40: High power bolt action with low sway
      Barret: High power semi-automatic with moderate sway
      Dragunov: Medium power semi-automatic with moderate sway (Juggernaut sniper)
      M21: Low power semi-automatic with moderate sway
      R700: Useless

4/5 sniper rifles have their unique feel and identity

LMGs:
      M60: High power high recoil low rate of fire (Juggernaut LMG)

RPD: Moderate power moderate rate of fire

M249 SAW: Fast rate of fire, SMG hipspread, low damage

3/3 LMGs have a unique place

Pistols:
      M9: Low range, low recoil, high capacity
      M1911: Medium range, low recoil, low capacity

USP.45: Medium range, wide-hipspread, medium capacity
      Desert Eagle: High damage, low hipspread, high recoil
      4/4 pistols have a unique place

I don't want to mention the shotguns... but when did CoD ever get shotguns right?

Let us go over to MW3.

ARs:
      M4 - Low range low power high accuracy medium-high rate of fire AR

SCAR-L - Low range low power high accuracy medium-high rate of fire AR
      ACR - Medium range medium power medium-high accuracy

G36C - Medium range medium power medium-high accuracy
      AK47 - Medium-long range medium power low accuracy; Worse than ACR and G36C
      CM901 - Medium-long range medium power low accuracy; Worse than ACR and G36C
      Mk14 is the only semi-automatic rifle
      Type 95 is overpowered in a game without stopping-power
      M16 is useless without stopping power

Only M4, ACR, Mk 14 and Type 95 are unique weapons, and they are the best at what they do, making the other rifles useless.

G36C, CM901 and AK47 are all inferior ACRs, where the G36C has a shot at competing.

4/9 assault rifles are useful
      1/9 assault rifles has a unique place; The the Mk 14.

I could continue with the SMGs... but it's just depressing.

MP5 < UMP = P90; UMP590 (MP5 has inferior recoil, but whatever -- all these SMGs are useless anyway, and MP5 is simply more usless)
      PP90M1: Is an UMP590 with lower recoil and higher rate of fire

PM-9: Is an PP90M1 with lower damage
      MP7: The most accurate automatic weapon in the game

Note that the MP5 and AK74u in CoD4 are much more different than the MP5 and UMP in this game.
      First and foremost, there were no 1000 RPM SMGs dealing the same damage as these two in CoD4, giving them a place and making them the arguably best SMGs, with stopping power.

This is not rocket science.

leave the cod4 g36c alone. sway is a better balancing factor than recoil, cause it actually limits the effective ranges.

adw1983

If it had less sway, I might have considered using it.

Problem was it wasn't good enough to compete with M4 or AK47, lacking accuracy to compete with M4 and lacking damage to compete with AK47.

It had unique properties with the ACOG, in that sway was reduced by stance.
          BUT ACOG was usless on non-snipers in CoD4 because effective recoil was roughly doubled, and the M4 had so little recoil that it was the best AR with ACOG, robbing the G36C of that niche.

Why do you defend the G36C?
          It was the best looking assault rifle in the game, and still is -- with the possible exception of CM901.

plasmaflame

adw1983 wrote:

I don't want to mention the shotguns... but when did CoD ever get shotguns right?

I want signatures on this forum and for this quote to be mine.

CoD 4 was probably the most balanced Call of Duty, barring the myriad of Frag Grenades being thrown (not to mention just how many Martyrdom grenades were being dropped).

If you look beyond the UMP 45 Silenced, One Man Army, Danger Close and Commando (which may be hard, considering the abundance of them), Modern Warfare 2 was quite balanced. Sure the guns killed really quickly, the thing is that they ALL did.

tedge

adw1983 wrote:

Assault rifles:
        MP44: An artifact; Worse than AK47

SMGs:

Mini-Uzi: A sick joke

Sniper rifles:

R700: Useless

I agree with pretty much everything you say except the ones above.

MP44 - I enjoyed this gun because it was hard to use which meant if you dropped it, no one picked it up lol

Mini Uzi - I didn't like it at first either, but after getting it gold and using it for a while it became quite fun. The trick was to hip fire with it up close and burst at distance.

R700 - Again, a little harder to use, but felt more rewarding to use. Also because of it's unique dark color, all the camos looked really good on the gun. Also loved the crack it made when you fired it.

Shotguns - Loved them. Very minimal range, nothing even remotely overpowered like we have now. You had to completely change how you moved around maps to be sucessful with them. It was rare to see a gold M1014, and even more rare to see someone stick with the W1200 once getting the red tiger with it. Mostly because you would almost never win against someone with last stand.

Aother thoughts

-I liked that you could walk over a gun that used the same ammo and pick it up. Using the MP5 or Uzi? Equip the M9 for some extra ammo.

-I miss the G3.

-The maps were way better

-I liked that the killstreaks weren't the biggest part of the game. 3-5-7 for life.

BLABLABLA, I like MW2, I like COD4, I like BO, I like MW3. Omg, you don't agree with me? Are you nuts? Retarded Newb.

Let people have there own favo game. In my mind, Medal of Honour Allied Assault was the freaking best multiplayer FPS game EVER. I had a blast, played hours, had fun. But it also was the first game I ever played that much hours on, I ever knew that much about. So offcourse it sticks in my mind as a good game.

If people want to go back to COD 4, go. Same goes for MW2. There are still other people on these games, you can still play. These things are games, you do it for the fun, not cause it is something that you just have to do. It's supposed to be fun.

You can't play older CoD's now to be honest, 2 out of 3 lobbies are hacked to death.

What I find concerning is that fourzerotwo recently tweeted that CoD 4 is his favorite.

Doesn't show much faith in his employer when he says the last two attempts they've had to improve it have not even worked for him.

On Xbox MW2 seems to be OK, not run into a modded lobby yet. CoD 4 however... oh dear. Some games are playable, but there are too many speed and infinite ammo / noob tube lobbies (automatic noob tubes FTL). Search and Destroy seems to be the worst for modders.

On a side note my favourite setup for MW2 is:

TAR-21 Silenced / SPAS-12 Grip

Scavenger Pro

Cold-Blooded Pro

Ninja Pro

No One Man Army, Danger Close, Commando or noob tubes in sight.

CoD 4 was more balanced than MW2 as MW2 had too many dominant killstreaks as well as the other BS.

On Xbox MW2 seems to be OK, not run into a modded lobby yet. CoD 4 however... oh dear. Some games are playable, but there are too many speed and infinite ammo / noob tube lobbies (automatic noob tubes FTL). Search and Destroy seems to be the worst for modders.

On a side note my favourite setup for MW2 is:

TAR-21 Silenced / SPAS-12 Grip

Scavenger Pro

Cold-Blooded Pro

Ninja Pro

No One Man Army, Danger Close, Commando or noob tubes in sight.

CoD 4 was more balanced than MW2 as MW2 had too many dominant killstreaks as well as the other BS.

trialstardragon

So basically you just do not like Assasin because you have no red dots to chase. Basically you want stacking ksr because it took less skill to gain them, since each helped get the next.

Having SP in the game would not make those that now use Assasin stop using it, just because you think so. I never used SP in the past game. i always used cold blooded or jugg. I had no reason to care about SP, since I play defensive and those other two perks are meant for the defensive player.

None of the CoD's have ever been close to balanced because they are not really meant to at the core game play mechanics. Each wepaon and attachment and equipment and perk and ksr are meant to unbalance the game in various ways.

the perfectly balanced game would only have one weapon of each class, no perks, no attachments, no ksr, no death streaks and each weapon only did well within its class's range.

adw1983

So remind me why CoD4 WEAPONS weren't balanced again.

Balance:
      High damage, high recoil moderate rate of fire

High damage, moderate recoil, low rate of fire
      Medium damage, medium recoil, moderate rate of fire
      Medium damage, medium-high recoil, medium-high rate of fire
      Medium damage, medium-low recoil, medium-low rate of fire.
      Low damage, medium-low recoil, high rate of fire
      Low damage, low recoil, moderate rate of fire, long effective range

That's 7 balanced fully automatic weapons.
      We can assume all of them to have medium range, and then add:
      Medium damage, medium-high recoil, medium rate of fire -- long range, long reload time

The we can add semi-automatic weapons:

Medium damage, low recoil, medium-low manual rate of fire
      High damage, medium-high recoil, medium-low manual rate of fire.
      Low damage, low recoil, medium-high manual rate of fire, fast reloads

Then we can add burst-fire weapons:
      Medium damage, low recoil, medium burst fire rate of fire, high range
      High damage, medium recoil, medium burst fire rate of fire

Balance is EASY to achieve:
      It just requires some simple testing, and one game can be balanced in one day if developers actually dedicate a day to balance and have ideas how to actually test balance:

Make a testing-ground with player-sized targets that count hits; Took me 10 minutes in counter-strike when modding it.
      Place them at different distances behind different pieces of cover and in the open.

Test.

It's that simple.