14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 1:37 PM by The_Muddman RSS

gotta admit - getting a little bored with MW3

runningsolo

I was surprised by it.  Just finished 100 hours and found it really boring last night.  Same old same old - I guess it's time to find a new game.

• Re: gotta admit - getting a little bored with MW3

i hear that....  you aint wrong mate.. what with all the LAG etc.. anything new out thats anygood.. ?

dalger22

I got bored and haven't really played in a few months.  The was that 1 hour a few weeks ago when they did the additional prestiges but other than that, I haven't played MW3.  I've played more BO than MW3 in the past few months. 

MW3 is nowhere near as good a game as BLOPS.  IW has done nothing in 4 months to fix the underlying issues of this broken game:

1. I am still spawning in front of the enemy or right next to an enemy.
      2. Weapon balance is still way broken.  Akimbo and the Striker are still ridiculous.
      3. Quickscoping is weak.  I never Quickscoped until recently to see how truly cheap it is.... and yep it's easy and cheap.
      4. Dropshotting- enough said.
      5. Lag/Lag compensation please explain to me how with a 30 down/5 up connection that I get penalized in games.  yes, this existed in BLOPS, but it did not impact me negatively.
      6. Map design is nowhere near as good as BLOPS.  Even their small map dome pales in comparision to Nuketown, or Shipment. 

So yes I get why people are bored.  Hopefully Treyarch creates BLOPS2 and largely ignores MW3. 

anuebis216 wrote:

MW3 is nowhere near as good a game as BLOPS.  IW has done nothing in 4 months to fix the underlying issues of this broken game

Firstly B.ops was terrible! it laged as much as this game does AND had bad hit ditection. My favorite gun was the FN Fal and it regularly took 3 direct shots to kill because the first sometimes didn't register. And most importantly IW HAS been doing things to fix this game, 10 patches worth! Maybe it isn't fixed yet but their definatly working on it

ghamorra

I'm not getting bored, just impatient

problem is this clownbus of dev's dont care about there community.. ?

maybe its because i am new to cod but i dont see how anyone could get bored with this game there are so many diffrent modes to play so many diffrent set ups to tinker with .. i mean since i have had this game i have bought 3 other games and not played them at all cause i cant stop playing this one ..

i am a hudge mma fan and so i got ufc 3 played like 2 days and while i was playing i was like man i wish i was playing cod .. **** it .. and i would quit and throw mw3 in .. or i would play nbk2k12 and be like man i want to play mw3 .. **** it eject that ***** and put in mw3 .. i work all week i go home shower, eat dinner, spend like 2 hours with my family .. put my kids to bed at 9 .. throw on mw3 until 12 and wake up 6 am and do it again ..

then on the weekends i will literally play from 9 at night until 5 am .. then turn around and wake up ay 9 am and do family stuff .. i dont know if it is just me but i love this game. and im not even all that good at it , i can only imagine once i get good how much more i will enjoy it ..

I get bored from week-to-week. One week I'll play almost every night for a few hours and the get bored and wont touch it for another week. If I were to play all the time I'd go crazy!!

But its more frustration come to think of it.. I mean that its really shitty when your a pretty good player and then just get cheesed out; ie; camping ******* teams that sits in every six corners of the room and wait all game. Terrible spawning! I mean soooo bad!!! I cant count how many times the enemy has spawned beside be after killing them! Seriously! Come On!

I'm an Elite subscriber and so far I like the two maps, waiting for Overwatch this month but I already know whats gonna' happen..... PURE CAMPING *******! All I gotta' say is if you wanna' spend $70 on MW3 then an additional $50 on Elite to park your ass behind a wall or corner your nothing but a douchbag! See that L3 button you can press down, thats called "sprint" use it from time to time and come at me like a man! Not like a sewer rat!

yeah i only bought mw3 after it was on sale one week for 39.99 ... and they asked about if i watned elite .. and i was like nawww let me just test drive this bad boy first cause i had only played it for like 8 hours when a relative brought it over on christmas .. but i got hooked .. i am tempted to get the elite so i can get more maps .. but i am content with playing the ones that are allready on the game... i have only recently startted playing good after getting to know the maps the guns and the perks .. and i am still learning ..

but either way yes there can be things that are frustrating camping , dudes running around with akimbos , dudes on my own team flashing me , dudes running in my path trying to merge into one with me ... it can be a ***** but i love it .. nothing like getting the game winning kill .. but one thing i am tired of for real is ******* on my team stealing my care packages .... that is bush .. its one thing if im no where near it but when i am right there and you are trying to beat me to my own package thats a **** hole move ..

avengedyesterday

100 hours seems like you got your moneys worth out of it. I traded MW3 in for mass effect 3 last week because i haven't played it in forever.

Yet i still play blackops with over 16days played..