11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2012 10:47 PM by esmorgue RSS

Why keep adding prestiges?

Why are they adding prestiges? In my opinion if ruins the point of the game. I was only like 4th prestige when they added 11th - 15th prestige and now with talks about adding 16th - 20th prestige, I am seriously starting to doubt my ablility to reach max prestige. Right now, I just went into 6th prestige. In BO, I reached 15th around June 2011 with around 9 or 10 days played. Never have I once not prestiged when I had the opportunity, but staying at 10th prestige seems like a better option than wasting my time to get to a max level that might become obsolete anytime when more prestiges are added. Sure I could play like some of my extreme nolife friends, but I already dedicate 2-3 hours a days to COD, and I have better things to do than play COD all day. If you feel the same way, lets start a petition, right here, on the forums, to tell IW to stop at 15th prestige. Who knows, we might actually make a difference.

• Re: Why keep adding prestiges?

Agreed. I have never once been max prestige in any CoD game. I finally had the chance to do so for MW3 and once I got to 9th prestige, they decided to add 5 more. I was already excited for being so close to 10th that I decided that I'm just going to stay there and not have to worry about doing it 5 more times.

I see no reason to adding prestiges, especially when they give everyone an option to reset their stats and do it again. The vast majority of people that prestige do so because they like being able to level up, and it's the same thing if you were to reset your stats. If they add another 5 prestiges it would essentially be the same thing as resetting your stats. It's just playing for 10 more prestiges.

I really hope they stop at 15 and that Treyarch doesn't copy their idea of adding more.

deadimpact

I understand how you feel, but I'm guessing that IW added new prestiges to create some replay value for people who had maxed out or were close to it. It makes sense to do this in order to keep people interested in the game and coming back for more. Of course they also run the risk of people giving up on the game because reaching max prestige now seems impossible.

Multiplayer games like this really don't need extra prestiges for replay value. And for those that do like constantly leveling up, there's an option to reset yourself back to level 1 and do it all over again. There's no need for extra prestiges and as I previously stated, I hope Treyarch doesn't decide to add any in the next CoD game.

Presige=Glory chasers which a lot of them use bugs. Showing you aren't high presige means you are legit and don't use bugs IMO

Not necessarily. I'm a legit 10th prestiger, no bugs, no hacks, no glitches. And I also didn't use FMG-9s to get there. I achieved mastery for every weapon on my way to 10th prestige while staying away from the Type 95 and FMG-9s for the most part. I don't like using the easiest method, I like using the more fun method which to me happens to be variety.

esmorgue

@woodstyleszzzzzzz

Please stop smiling CoDHq with stupidity like you just posted.

Good Evening

dastealth

I don't mind if they add more so long as the emblems are actually good. I feel like any of the emblems past 8 are any good.

I disagree and I actually prefer the idea of Infinity Ward adding prestiges for the reply value. Going as far as to start a petition because you (and others) don't want to reach the maximum number of prestige is ridiculous, because last I checked, you're not forced to prestige.

No, we're not forced to prestige, but a lot of people like having the accomplishment of reaching max level. You also have the option of resetting your stats if you like prestiging. I myself go to college and work during the day so I don't get too much time to play the game. I managed to make it to 10th prestige from mostly winter break and spring break and the occassional time on weekends. I felt good that I was finally about to make it to max prestige for the first time, only to be told there's gonna be more prestiges added.

I still believe you and the others are taking this too far. First of all, you did reach maximum prestige (10), the other 5 prestiges are basically "bonus prestiges" for those who've played the game and stuck with it. That's the way I see it.

Meh, just set it at 100 next patch for all you lunatics so I can just quit prestiging and stay at 80 for more than an hour.  I play a few hours every night, and I hit 5th prestige just now.  I'll be waaaaaaaaay bored with the game before I get to 10 even.  I doubt I'll bother even trying for 15, and if they raise it another 5, I might as well just stay put.