1 2 3 4 Previous Next 77 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 12:35 PM by Izjar11 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?
    dlundebjerg28

I'm 21, and I seem to be on the younger end of the spectrum as far as this forum goes.

As far as gaming, there really isn't an age limit on how old you can be. I play with my father from time to time, and even though hes a Blind Eye/Assasain/Steady Aim Akimbo FMG9 douche, its still a blast to play with him and hes in his 50s. I think his generation (born in the mid to late 1950s) is is among the oldest gamers simply because people older than him were already pretty old when things like atari came out. If my grandpa gamed, I'd be cool with that. As far as an upward limit goes, I don't really think it matters.

When it comes to kids, its really up to the parents. For me personally, I wasn't allowed to play games online until I was 15 or 16, and my parents weren't a fan of getting me M rated games. I know I had to argue with my mom a lot in order to talk her into getting me GTA Vice City due to extreme violence. When I see/hear 10 and 11 year old kids online, its a bit ridiculous. I hate to sterotype becasue I'm sure there are some kids of that age that are old enough to handle it, but in genral they are just too young to play the game and have mics. They lack the social skills to interact with people twice their age, and cause a boatload of issues in lobbies. I think once you hit high school, maybe even a bit older then its ok to start playing games like CoD online, but kids younger than that really shouldn't be playing.

• 11. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?

thehunan wrote:

ever read the box (M)... there is one. Just the parents want a baby sitter for $60 so they buy there kids the game. I am a parent and my 14 year old I do not alow to play games that are rated M. Wish other parents would step up and monitor there kids and what they do also.

That's an age limit on this game, not an age limit on having fun. The OP mentioned any game, single- or multi-player. We've got lots of E and T games for our kids.

• 12. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?
    rlbl

Kids are always gonna laugh at elder generations.. Hell I did.

Then I realized: Adults are just kids with long legs. Been gaming since '78ish, and I am never gonna stop until I go blind.

Oh wait that already happened.

Correction: I am never gonna stop until I can no longer hold a controller.

• 13. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?

rlbl wrote:

Correction: I am never gonna stop until I can no longer hold a controller.

Should start the next major health meme: "Gaming Prevents Arthritis"

• 14. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?
    WolfRidge

How about getting one of the Forum Veterans like that guy Gump to organise a Tourney:

Young Bloods VS Old Farts?

Have to admit I would be on the farts team

I think more mature gamers excel at tactics and planning whilst younger guys/gals have cat like reflexes (stereotype much?)

Back to the original theme, Games like this weren't available when I was a kid and I have a fairly impressive gaming history, I'm making up for lost Technology

• 15. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?

I started on strategy games for a long time playing against the computer, I only really got into FPS games because of MoH and my interest in WW2.

Do I care if kids play? No, I don't care.

Onto a diverge... FPS games only picked up really when online competitive gaming came along. It's the easiest way to compete agaisnt others so naturally it would evolve into a giant.

• 16. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?

I'm 34, I have 2 children and I love playing video games. I read somewhere that the average age of a gamer is in their mid-thirties.

• 17. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?
    rlbl

I am up for that

• 18. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?

I remember reading that a few weeks back when it was posted here too.

It makes sense. While there are a lot of kids online, I'm 100% sure that there are more adults online.

Kids are the reason I don't play SnD. That gametype perfectly showcases how young, troublesome, immature and annoying kids are.

• 19. Re: On Age and Gaming. Does it matter?
    zvers

To prepubescent's, it's taboo to be playing video games over 18.....rated M, hmmmmm

1 2 3 4 Previous Next