1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 133 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2012 9:53 PM by Gerbera_Kai Go to original post RSS
  • 45. Re: Your opinion of Support.

So the guy that went negative put together a 15 point streak without dying to get his emp?  I find that hard to believe.

Rednecksniper39 wrote:

TNN64 wrote:

deucedouglas wrote:

. You don't get anywhere near as powerful killstreaks by using support and that's the downfall of using it.

Actually that is the biggest problem with support.  There is no "downfall" to support.  Getting streaks that you otherwise couldn't  have gotten without dying isn't a downfall it is a reward.

People do get them without dying though. I don't see the problem. It is not like you are getting a pred or AC-130 from support.

• 46. Re: Your opinion of Support.

Care packages are an entirely different monster.

And to be honest, the guy in your situation had a stinger equipped and helped their team by taking out two uavs. (ACTUALLY supporting the team) The two are somewhat similar but we're not talking about CPS.

I do find them unfair at times though.

• 47. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    dastealth

TNN64 wrote:

deucedouglas wrote:

. You don't get anywhere near as powerful killstreaks by using support and that's the downfall of using it.

Actually that is the biggest problem with support.  There is no "downfall" to support.  Getting streaks that you otherwise couldn't  have gotten without dying isn't a downfall it is a reward.

What did you do in any previous cod when you couldn't put together a streak?

Why do people always bring up kill whoring?  Did you not read my original post?  Give 2 points for a cap/bomb plant etc and take away support.  That way the people who stay alive and play the objective while killing benefit more than the people who ignore it.  Then you still have to stay alive to get your streaks.

Pretty much. I mean people in the past had no counter to their non ability to get killstreaks so...

Also giving 2 points for a cap/bomb plant etc. is a good idea but not getting any points for completing objective never stopped me in the past.

• 48. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    deucedouglas

TNN64 wrote:

deucedouglas wrote:

There is no "downfall" to support.

If there was no downfall to support like Redneck said you would have the ability to get Predators and normal streaks without having to put together a killstreak. By using support you trade the ability to die and keep it going for the fact that your streaks on no level what so ever compare to Assault. In Assault you can turn 5 kills into 40 while barely even playing the game, not even close to possible with support and yet everybody wants to think that way.

• 49. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    Rednecksniper39

People van get them without dying though. Your being ignorant if you think that all support killstreaks are gotten by people who go negative every round and need them to get kills.

• 50. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    owiseguyo

I use assault 95% of the time with usually 5-9-11 set on them. The other 5% I use support and thats because I am playing a good team. And when I play a good team, support streaks win games. I cant tell you how many games my clan has won because we all had EMP set on our support classes. Think about 6 strait minuets without worrying about enemy KS rewards.

Although I think it takes alot of the even playingfield aspect out of the game. To many options for KS rewards is taking alot of the skill aspect out of the game and giving the less skilled players a chance they never should have in a FPS. It caters the bad players and I guess that sells more games but its taking away from the name COD that we know. Its turning into Calling To Newbies.

• 51. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    deucedouglas

It's funny that you can say a guy who is 0-156 is ACTUALLY supporting his team by shooting down a couple UAV's but if he is 18-156 and calls in an EMP, he isn't doing anything to help his team at all.

• 52. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    grif77775

because his osprey doesn't stop the other team from put out a sam site or even a UAV, the osprey gunner can be shot down in many different ways but once an EMP goes off there's no way to stop it.

• 53. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    Rednecksniper39

grif77775 wrote:

because his osprey doesn't stop the other team from put out a sam site or even a UAV, the osprey gunner can be shot down in many different ways but once an EMP goes off there's no way to stop it.

Then they can complain about EMP being in support. But saying that all support killstreak need to be taking out because everyone that uses them go negative everygame and get rewarded is ignorant.

• 54. Re: Your opinion of Support.
    scolia5044

Right i use support too show how you can have positive stats and help your team win the game

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next