45 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2012 4:58 PM by like2nap03 RSS

Playing COD on Wii U will be a major adjustment.

like2nap03

I've never played COD on an HD console.  Only on the Wii because I like the controls so much.  So, for people like me, playing these games on a high powered console is going to require an adjustment period.  At least I think it will.  It's going to be so different at first. 

For one we will have all the killstreaks.  We will have to adapt to those.  Like Padiego said in another thread, predator missles dropping everywhere is "annoying".  It will be so different.  Also, the game will run at 60 fps ALL the time (in theory at least, no reason for it not to).  The game will be much smoother and faster.  No more "lag" from the framerate dropping like it constantly does on Village and occasionally other maps.  Again that's not a guarantee but will most likely be the case.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing but it will be different and take some getting use to.   As it is now the game runs at 30 fps at it's best.  In the end this one will be a blessing, but it will be weird at first.

Hosting will probably be better.  I don't know how bad it is now as I ALMOST NEVER host.  (actually got host for the first time ever last night...can't imagine how bad the other lobby member's connections were to cause that to happen) Just pointing this one out.  Don't see this one requiring an adjustment period.  Unless you host all the time and you over compesate for non-existent host lag.  Or do the other consoles have host lag now?  If so surely it's not as bad as it is on the Wii.

Going from 10 players in a match to, what do they have now 18 or 20, will be crazy and hectic.  At least I think it will.  Especially on the games with the small maps like this one.  I can't even imagine Dome with 20 people (or 18, whatever) running around with akimbo FMG9's before they got nerfed (on 360).

This last one has me concerned.  Doesn't seem like maps like Dome or Nuketown would be any fun with that many people on them.  Especially with the spawn system they have in place for MW3.  I mean with only a maximum of 10 people you still spawn in the middle an FMG9 firefight half the time.

Just realized I forgot to search for related topics so forgive me if this is spam.   So, what do you guys think?  Will it be weird at first?

• Re: Playing COD on Wii U will be a major adjustment.

Biggest change is gonna be the graphics overhaul. Its easy to pick people out on Wii maps because they don't blend with the maps. That is entirely different on WiiU. Gonna take a lot of practice to get the eyes trained to picking out details.

50calmastr

Thered actually not that many predds in HC, ive played it once with my friend and it was hard to see people, went 16-14, and got the game winning kill, tis vewy epic

McZOMBI

You don't need to play Ground War (9v9), you can stick to 6v6. In fact some of the smaller maps are limited to 6v6. As for getting used to it, if I can use a WiiMote I'll be fine. The 'mote is the reason my PS3 is gathering dust. The next COD is a Treyarch game so the spawns should be reasonable. I'm really looking forward to the whole WiiU thing.

50calmastr

It feels so much more balanced on the box. Ive actually accepted tge fact that i got outplayed since the fields WERE even

infinitlag

If the cotrols are the same and the wii mote is back its going to be exactly the same except for all the ussuals eg pred, killcam, theare mode.

Convict7

I don't think that the graphics will change my ability to see my targets, I see them well in long ranges and I think that better graphics will actually help me to become even tougher long distance fighter, always been on my best in long range gun fights.

infinitlag

We have all been brought up the hard way. The xbox fanboys have got the easy way and they think they are the best.

LuRcHED

I've only seen video previews of the new controller, zapper and wiimote controller in use. I did not see the nunchuck or CCP. Does anyone know for sure what we will be able to use on the new console?

Wiimote + nunchuck will be supported on Wii U games, and I'm guessing most likely on the next CoD game--on wii U, and I'll probably stick with that.

padiego

Let me tell you how GARBAGE MW3 is on the HD consoles.

Compared to the HD versions, our version is like heaven on earth, while the HD versions are pure hell full of campers, tryhards and 4 year old trickshotters.

wajackbauer

Ugh the lack of knowledge...

The main difference between the PS360 and Wii is their actual power. Their CPU, GPU and RAM are leaps and bounds better than the Wii's, that is why their games have better graphics.

HD = high definition. High definition essentially means high resolutions. The lowest form of HD is generally considered 1280x720, probably a quater of all PS360 games are a little below that (Battlefield 3 is 1280x704 on both PS3 and 360. MW3 is 1024x600) These resolutions are about double that of the Wii.

You can set your PS3 and 360 to the same resolution as the Wii and it'll still look tons better than the Wii version. This is for 2 reasons. Firstly, the PS360's power is much better than the Wii's, so all the models were made in high detail. The other reason is that the Xbox (can't remember if the PS3 does) upscales the resolution to your TV's resolution, which is pretty much always better than your TV doing the upscaling (although TV's are getting better and better at it)

The reason why people are harder to see in the in the PS360 versions is because of the extra detail in everthing. There's also depth of field, more blur effects and smoke effects. You guys are saying its harder to see on the HD consoles, when in actual fact, when taken literally, it should be easier to see because the resolution is higher.

like2nap03

Was that directed at me?  Because you didn't tell me a single thing I didn't know already.  Hence I'm confused by the "Ugh the lack of knowledge" to start off your post and what I said to imply that I didn't already know everything you mentioned.  If not then nevermind. 

Down to your second paragraph...that's kinda what I was getting at.  I always thought it would be easier to see other players because of the higher definition graphics.  Again all I have to go on is videos I've seen on youtube, but in those the opposing players were extremely easy to spot.  I would have to actually play the game to tell for sure though.  I have a friend with a PS3.  I will try it out at his house soon.

I just wonder what will happen, will cod even support the wii version for patches once the wii u comes out? Will they even make a hdversion of mw3 for wii u?   I just cant see them continuing doing patches for wii if they do. A 4th game system (they can hardly keep up on 3 as it is)... unless they just use this wii version now an wait for the next cod game to come out.   Honestly nintendo has lost some of my interest after not puting in a blueray movie player it was the one thing i was looking forward too.  Now i'm thinking once the wii u comes out and it cost more then the ps3 and ps3 will drop its prices and I'm going to snag a ps3 and save the 100$ for a blueray player and this wii will probably be my last nintendo.  Sure you can do some cool stuff with the new u controller and i do like the wii remotes but with more an more 3rd party games going all 3 systems i can live without a few nintendo games.  The more an more i think about it the more an more I wish i would of bought the ps from the get go.

X-box - I would never buy again after the redring of death an the company wouldnt stand behind there bad craftsmanship on there x-clamp days after there weak warrenty ran out.(a suspected 55% percent of all systems failed). How many will the 720 have?  All bets seem to say xbox 720 will be switching to blueray. Unless some major breakthrus happen in HVD soon.

Nintendo- There stuck on this 5-year plan it seems sometimes it can be a good thing but it seems more like there not worried about having the biggest an baddest system, but they always seem to come up with some new kinda controller or 1 thing or another before x or ps do.

Playstation- They always seem to be thinking ahead when they put a system out, Yes they always cost more intially but it looks like you will have that system for a longer time.

Plus theres no fee for online gaming, thats a huge bonus, the money u save from not paying xboxlive makes it overall cheaper then the xbox in a few years.

I quess I've made my mind up.

Down to your second paragraph lol.

You will get used to the graphics thats the easy part the controller is another issue.

like2nap03

Well, I tried the PS3 this weekend.  Controller issues aside, I did enjoy it.  Seeing the game run at 60 FPS is awesome.  No drops either. There also wasn't any lag though my friend does have a very stable cable connection so that was expected.  But the game running at 60 fps realy makes a difference when acquiring targets.

As I suspected it was actually much easier to see the other players.  None of the dark areas that cause problems on the Wii show up on the PS3.  The maps, and the game as a whole, are much much brighter.  Also, the HD graphics, for me at least, made it MUCH easier to spot targets at a distance or in general.  The higher resolution really helped.  I was unable to do very well due to the controls, but I was able to spot players with ease.  I just couldn't kill them half of the time. 

It was weird though playing with so little lag whether it be from connection issues or the frame rate, but now that I tried it, I don't think it will take long to get adjusted to that aspect of it.  The extra killstreaks on the other hand I think will annoy me at first.

personally, i dont think the wii u will be all its hyped up to be.  honestly, i think it'll be like the xbox with how its just a new version.  the 360 came out somewhere around 7 years or so ago, and its been upgraded SO much.  in the long run, it will still be more successful in the long run and always will be. i dont want to get any heat for saying this, but i think the wii u looks stupid and sounds stupid.  i dont like the controller, and it seems overly complicated. i like simple, like and xbox controller. so thats why i'm going to buy a 360, and when it comes out, a steambox (look it up).However, what do i know, the Wii U might be a really good console, but it might also end up like the wii and sell a lot and suspend a whole new generation of gaming and be a bust.  We'll know soon i guess. :/

like2nap03

Can't wait to find out.  From what I've read about the specs it's going to be a beast and can compete horsepower wise with what Sony and Microsoft are bringing to the table.  The though of playing COD games in HD with the wii remote has me very excited.  How about and HD metroid game?  Now that will be awesome.  And it's already got more 3rd party support than the Wii (at least it seems like it). And now they have a true online system in place.  Basically it everything you could want from a Nintendo console after playing on the Wii so much.  Can't wait to get one.  And if it does end up sucking I can always sell it.

@infinitlag's comment "We have all been brought up the hard way. The xbox fanboys have got the easy way and they think they are the best."

That is way off...