17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2012 1:59 PM by coltfirearms RSS

Dear IW, I feel we don’t tell you this enough

Snipingdbag

Why the hell would you give the host a disadvantage? It’s beyond stupid, finishing a game without a host migration is shocking (unless nearly everybody had a 4 bar). I get losses all the time with the host dashing.

Bring back the (slight) host advantage aka mw2 style, no other way around it. The amount of compensation is So Lame. The better your net / ping, the better your hits should register, not the other way around. That would force people to play wired and improve their nets and not stream / download crap while playing adding latency, you and your fail of a system created that problem. You fcked up with mw3.

I could not even get a streak going as host with the T95, getting insta killed a lot instead against 3 & 2 bar players. I rage quitted that game only to of course see the host migration screen..

I decided to remove all mw3 files and try hosting again. Yeahj, never again. Back to moderate and viola the T95 kills again & no host stuttering.

I love how there are still people denying lagvantage and the big impact it has on this game. 

• Re: Dear IW, I feel we don’t tell you this enough
    Jackal235

Agreed.

Also changed to moderate NAT to avoid hosting.

vims1990

I love how there are still people denying lagvantage and the big impact it has on this game.

Do you know why people deny the amount of lagvantage present in MW3?

They don't realise it as they don't get host which is why the game runs flawlessly for them.

I've supported a slight host advantage (even if I don't get host at times) as it prevents the host from rage quitting & dashboarding.

I've 3 barred a couple of times & it's close to god mode. But it ends up with the host rage quitting (and I don't blame the host).

I don't dashboard myself even when host but I can easily tell when I have a clear advantage over another player when it comes to connection.

Any one that gets a bit of lag every now and again can **** off moaning i loved cod more than most,I got to prestige 2 before 1st patch 1.13 kill ratio,

8 days l8r im down 2000+ deaths.think about being 2000 down and trying to claw that back would take week's month's even.I stoped playing the ****** up waste of time and money game that IW have decided to play god ps sledghammer WTF for a massive release retard's

So as each patch released  i been playing more and more seem'd to be better ,

10 hrs i played last week 950 kills 1.17  and then that ******* patch. GAME OVER for me again.

And 48 hr ban for cheat's that will stop  them eh.  Fact there is more than token **** happning

Hacking is rife not just in private, in live multiplayer

I feel the money grabbing  cheat/hacker friendly iw has got a care of duty my game is un playable i just did 13 hrs tdm av score710  highest streak 6  av kills 6  wtf 137 games ,

22 in a row  with load's more death's than kills it's like i muted a player on my team but it muted some 1 on other team as well, the player on my team had a different name,I muted and un muted several times they were deff conected ? Any one got any idea's how that's possible ?

I feel so riped off and let down by iw and its stupid lag program that is not ******* working ok I think i might look into legal action for the time, compleate waste off time and money mw3 is not the same as other titles i bought so Activision and IW are lyers and cheats.

yes you can have a pop at me but unless you been in top 30 for time played( W@W )

top 150 for h/s  400 for kills and in top 30 again for death's

I had top prestige every title by feb - mar,never needed double point's exept this peice of crap. but i do thank mw3 for getting me back into mixing soundcloud/mrbuckfast if you want some techno ?

WKMMS

I've been playing a lot of MW2 lately and can tell you that the host doesn't have any advantage, in fact, there is definitely some lagvantage to all the other players.  It's not nearly as noticeable as MW3 or Black Ops, but it's definitely there. 

I agree that, if the host were to have the lagvantage, there would be much fewer migrations/dashboards.

P.S.  Calling the guys who made the game retarded is just wrong.  I get that you're annoyed, but that's no excuse for insulting people, especially people that you don't know.

Snipingdbag

Well we are what over 5 months in and after all those patches the game ran better on launch day when we had some sort of regional lock they now have again on 360, hosting sucked back then too but at least we were playing 4 bar players constantly. I feel retarded is being kind as this current system is beyond stupid, knowing how many people download / stream crap and thus fluctuate between bars on purpose creating extra latency and how many switch to a strict / moderate nat not to host and how many games now go unfinished / see the host rage quit or worse Dash. You can’t blame people for rage quitting, why be a dedicated server and give people free kills?

They betrayed the loyal fanbase by adding deathstreaks after mw2 it was quite clear nobody wanted that crap back in yet they add something like dead man’s hand instead, with recoilless guns and this over the top compensation system. All to cater to casuals. 3Arch didn’t go overboard with the catering to them and that game has the same amount of players playing it as mw3 has in its prime. If it wasn’t for double XP mw3 would probably have less players on it right now than blops.

I hosted like 5 games, before I had enough. Only decent / playable games are with people nearby and even then you get fcked since the frame rate sucks as host, you just feel out of sync of the game you're hosting. Makes sense.

I went on 9-0 streak, people left, 3/2 bar players came and I went 11-14 in no time. My team got triple capped. I asked one dude why the hell he was playing in Euro lobbies with an American flag (he was a 2 bar with his friend). They shouldn’t open the whole of Europe let alone world to game together either way. They should simply add a local ping lock so that people can’t go over 75 ping in the big popular game modes at least while the game is in its prime.

Notice that when there is one laggy dude your whole team is more laggy too.

I don’t play mw2 myself anymore, so don’t know if that game has changed host wise. I hate the wallbang aimbots, jumping lobbies and uav hackers too much to play it and S&D is full with them.

ghamorra

I've been playing with some people who are all from the East Coast of the US and we hardly ever lag. It's amazing, the last few days I've played have never been more balanced. We all have great internet and because we all live so close we all have little ping.

I'm a firm believer that if you play with people from your region you end up with near perfect connections and no lag issues. It's still there but not enough to get frustrated over.

dlundebjerg28

umad bro?

I wish I understood why both Treyarch and IW felt like turning the host advantage into a host disadvantage was necessary in the last two games. In all honesty, the host advantage was never really a big deal to me, I feel like people get a bigger advantages on me in this game who aren't host than anybody ever got on me in W@W and MW2

I think people need to get wired and stop playing wirelessly. In the same way normal internet connection is better if you're ethernetted than on a laptop.

I pull host i'd say 2 in 10 games and i'm on a 5dn 1up connection!! Is this really a good enough connection to host a game!?! (according to the poll i have a standard service). I'm sure this is cause i'm hard wired and the rest are probably sat in there room miles from their hub.

If i'm pulling host with this connection then how crap must yours be!!??!!

Needless to say the game is like running in sand when i host. And then i leave.

Be careful, you will probably get banned for expressing your opinions. Activision does not condone or support free will in it's forums. Just an FYI ..

or we should just have dedicated servers , if bf3 can have dedis and it sells no were near as much as mw3 , so activision have gt no excuse for nt having them

I don't believe the host disadvantage was intentional.

Despite IW denial of this - I stand by my view that it is theater mode tracking data which is causing the increased lag, which means more has to be compensated for, which means laggier hit detection and bigger sync issues.

I look at the facts that since it's implemention both games have had awful laggy hit detection, and prior to it, hit detection was on point in both Treyarch and IW games.

In the absense of a better explaination - I'm sticking to that one.

Additionally - I'd bet my house on the fact that BO2 will not fix this issue - at best only equal IW's performance with it. For the simple reason that they are adding even higher level graphics textures, more theater and social networking features into their next game.

They are just asking too much of the consoles' old hardware.

Snipingdbag

I really think it's (the host disadvantage). They even out the pings and thus constantly f-ck up the host and people with a low ping to a lesser extent. A little bit of compensation is game ruining in a fast paced twitch shooter. The Stuttering the host gets doesn't help at all too. So yeah, the game doesn't run as smooth for the host at all while he gets shat on in the mix shooting marshmallows while getting insta-killed.

The difference between mw2 hosting and mw3 is easy to see in private games. Mw3 goes overboard with compensating players pings in the lobby, if more laggy (3 / 2 bar ping) players join the harder the game gets for the host.

Not a big surprise since these people added death streaks like dead man's hand and support streaks

dtrain4569 wrote:

I don't believe the host disadvantage was intentional.

Despite IW denial of this - I stand by my view that it is theater mode tracking data which is causing the increased lag, which means more has to be compensated for, which means laggier hit detection and bigger sync issues.

I look at the facts that since it's implemention both games have had awful laggy hit detection, and prior to it, hit detection was on point in both Treyarch and IW games.

In the absense of a better explaination - I'm sticking to that one.

Additionally - I'd bet my house on the fact that BO2 will not fix this issue - at best only equal IW's performance with it. For the simple reason that they are adding even higher level graphics textures, more theater and social networking features into their next game.

They are just asking too much of the consoles' old hardware.

It might be theatre mode, but people have had that in games and done it right. I don't have an Xbox but my roommates do and Halo has a theatre and has massive amounts of this going on compared to COD and it works fine. If IW and 3Arc want to have a theatre they should be able to do it right. I am not the guy who compares Halo and COD game play, but you can say that Halo was built right. The theatre creates no problem for that franchise so if feel like these guys should be able to come up with something.

I honestly feel like these guys just don't care. I don't personally know any of them but they seem lazy and to not care about their product. If it was me I would make sure my project that I worked so hard on worked.

I Agree Completely; this man speaks the truth Amen!