9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 7:04 PM by deadestllama RSS

MW3 is on a slippery slope.

deucedouglas

It took long enough but as most of you know MW3 is succombing to more and more hacks, exploits, or whatever you want to call them. We all saw what happened to MW2 and how long it took to see the game return to a semi-normal state. The game is already almost borderline unplayable at times and that is without theses losers hacking the game. Hopefully this stuff won't become the major, nagging issue that it became in MW2. But one can only hope.

• Re: MW3 is on a slippery slope.

treyarch does better limiting that stuff in my opinion.

vims1990

Activision & MW3 Developers would be in trouble if the hacks/exploits get out of hand considering COD Elite exists.

For those with premium membership, we're paying extra for competitions, prizes & other benefits so they cannot simply run away from supporting the game & patching the exploits (as they did with MW2).

What I question is how Treyarch manages to keep Black Ops under strict security (under one developer) whilst with MW3 under 2 developers & BeachHead Studios, they simply cannot keep the game secure.

deucedouglas

Agreed. I think they've got some fundamental flaws that they either refused to change or because they felt they had it under control didn't do enough to change it. I look at the map glitches as the same type of thing. They had the exact same problems with maps on MW2 and those issues have come back in new MW3 maps.

Granted it took longer for these MW3 hacks and such to come to light but how quick they are to nip it in the bud is going to speak volumes about them. It seemed like it took forever for anything to happen in MW2. The amount of 10th prestige lobby messages and the regularity of getting into games with hackers was ridiculous and it seems like MW3 very well could be headed towards that fate.

Thedestoyer

I agree with everything in this thread. Soon we will be seeing walking AC-130's and god mode.

It's only a matter of time.

vims1990

I've been getting countless number of messages from randoms inviting me to private matches & I know it's from those d'bags trying to derank me.

IMO, for future COD titles, remove the prestige tokens & the double XP etc and stick to the simple way of levelling up & prestiging.

Our community are full of cheaters. Till this day I still see Elite Profiles with 30 days of Double XP.  I can report as many as I can but I don't even know whether they're given the ban hammer from BeachHead Studios.

If Activision & COD developers can't keep up, don't bring these features ever again.

a.d.p.alien

Its down hill all the way and I found better games. COD will bite the dust.

MW3 sucks anyway. Even without the hacks. I've been playing CoD since CoD2 and MW3 just completely fails.

Shoulda know that with a copy n' paste from the coding of MW2 that this would happen...It sucks, but cant say I didnt see it coming, ya know?