24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2014 5:59 AM by SmileUrDead RSS

What two features would you want on a SCUF controller?

Scuf controllers add two buttons on the underside that you can manipulate with your hand without taking your fingers off the aim or move sticks.

So.. what two would you do?  I'm thinking X button (reload) and B button for prone.  Mostly because I play 99% drop zone and you definitely use those a bunch (X for picking up care packages in addition to reload and B becasue you need to go prone lots to defend positions.).Thoughts?  see the controllers at www.scufgaming.com 

• Re: What two features would you want on a SCUF controller?

i have one. The total cost was 140 and i got the Ataks. ( Camo ) It is the best piece of gaming equipment i have ever bought. I have A as left paddle to jump. B as right paddle to knife. I play on Tactical so it makes me  beast, Not to mention how well i can shoot the MK-14. it is a SOLID controller. If you play on defalut i guess X would work but i recommend swithing to tactical to have the ability to drop shot + knife + Jump + Jump to prone. Limitless ability that way

Are there any other games you play? Keep in mind that u only have one shot at the button layout. Having A and B helps with halo as well. Dont just think CoD if your making a purchase.

Nope, pretty much MW3.  I'm not a jump/drop shotter per se but if this gives me the ability to do that then maybe I'll start using that tactic more.  I don't have any issues with knifing with the stick as it is...  I win most knife fights/panic kinfes.  I've never played tactical so maybe I'll putz around with that a little before deciding.  Honestly, I think the biggest advantages are going to be the hair triggers and the domed aim stick.  Faster, more accurate shooting is 90% of the reason I'm only an average player!  Well, that and I'm old and I suck.

maccabi

nycoolguy wrote:

i have one. The total cost was 140 and i got the Ataks. ( Camo ) It is the best piece of gaming equipment i have ever bought. I have A as left paddle to jump. B as right paddle to knife. I play on Tactical so it makes me  beast, Not to mention how well i can shoot the MK-14. it is a SOLID controller. If you play on defalut i guess X would work but i recommend swithing to tactical to have the ability to drop shot + knife + Jump + Jump to prone. Limitless ability that way

so you paid scuff what £70 odd for a £24 controller with £5 worth of modifications

scuf are the biggest rip off ever.. not going to explain again theres another thread about scufs on here somewhere with lots of good info

SmileUrDead

I have a question for you? I just ordered a scuf, I also play on tactical. Now if I want the right paddle to knife, do I still order the controller with right toggle down which is knife normally or the O button (im on ps3) which would be knife on tactical? Thanks for your helf in advance.

Southend_boi

i would want...

1. Cheaper Prices that aren't a complete rip off.

2. A Price that is fair for a controller...

140$ no thanks... the scuff controller is worth about 70-75$ not 140$ i bet if they slapped a MLG logo on the controller it would cost 200$

Anyone else  Bueller?

rainmaker6

Prone for sure.

Do you use C4?

Yeah.. prone seems like a no brainer.  I'm probably sold on prone and reload at this point... just seems to fit my style of play.

I'm kinda partial to frags as I'm pretty good at bouncing/rebounding them into places.  And trophy systems don't repell them as well when you skid one in there...

I'm also ridiculous at throwing them halfway across maps and getting kills... no matter the size of the map.  I've had some throws I just burst out into laughter when I get the kill points...  Many times I get first kill on village and interchange with a frag... before they even get within sight of the first drop zone.   I'm sure the other player is like "WTF did THAT come from???"    it's probably 50% luck and 50% skill but regardless...

I see more and more C4 these days though...   need to play around with it a little to get the hang of it.

As I play tac I would have to go with A and B .Already decided Im going to get one probably in a couple of weeks when Ive got the cash to spare CANT WAIT .The mod triggers look good as well fact that you can ajust them is exelent as doing this at home would be hard seen plenty of vids showing how to remap the buttons and its simple but the adjustable triggers havent seen a vid on this.

I run an extra button for my tac nade (still getting used to the extra buttons) and one for my knife. (I run tac layout.)

Side note: Have you ever thought about buying a Razor Onza? (Corded, tired of charging batteries every few days) I just got one for about 1/4 the price you are talking about and I haven't looked back. Also, they can be bought at Best Buy.

http://www.razerzone.com/minisite/onza

maccabi

randomly_afk wrote:

I run an extra button for my tac nade and one for my knife. (I run tac layout.)

Side note: Have you ever thought about buying a Razor Onza? (Corded, tired of charging batteries every few days) I just got one for about 1/4 the price you are talking about and I haven't looked back.

http://www.razerzone.com/minisite/onza

razors have really bad build quality, amazon actually pulled them for awhile cos it as they had so many (including mine) returned.. couple of the other forums regs had similar issues mostly with the rubber comming off the stiucks and the sticks not working as buttons to sprint

if they fixed that issue, and made the triggers more ergonomic id def buy another one though i loved the mappable buttons and tension adjust on the sticks

Interesting, I haven't had any issues yet... Thanks for the heads up. I'll be keeping a close eye on it now.

maccabi

randomly_afk wrote:

Interesting, I haven't had any issues yet... Thanks for the heads up. I'll be keeping a close eye on it now.

i added a bit....  but to be honest i have the worst luck with controllers.. my scuf (also sent back) arrived scuffed on the bottom (ironically) and they mapped the wrong buttons on the paddles

got so fed up i made my own..took me just over an hour and cost me about a £10 all in

maccabi wrote:

i added a bit....  but to be honest i have the worst luck with controllers.. my scuf (also sent back) arrived scuffed on the bottom (ironically) and they mapped the wrong buttons on the paddles

got so fed up i made my own..took me just over an hour and cost me about a £10 all in

I thought about making my own. I'm a little rusty when it comes to soldering though, I haven't done it in about 2 years. If my Onza goes down I'll be looking at doing this.

maccabi

randomly_afk wrote:

maccabi wrote:

I thought about making my own. I'm a little rusty when it comes to soldering though, I haven't done it in about 2 years. If my Onza goes down I'll be looking at doing this.

id never soldered in my life till i tried to make my own controller.. just grabbed a couple of wiring diagrams off the net for the different controlelrs and went for it.. the buttons are easy the stick one for the left stick (to make a back button for sprint) was harder as the bit you need to solder is smack bang in the housing for the trigger.

i'll get some photos up to show you what my controller looks like now.. apart from the back paddles (i just have buttons atm) and i have spent bullets for the dpad and xbya buttons its identical to a scuff, no slow turn, domed stick, hair triggers ect

dastealth

I'd probably like to see the two stick buttons (R3 & L3) put there and then disable the standard ones so that I could accidently drop shot/air knife in COD and it would help with aiming in Halo.

dtuchpunk

What I want:
    Instand report button

vims1990

Is the SCUF controller worth the $$$?

I tried the Razer Onza Professional & it was horrible. Went back to using my trustworthy XBOX standard controller a couple of days later.

I know a couple of YouTubers & "professional" gamers are promoting this controller but can't tell whether they're being paid to say it.

Could use some trustworthy advice from fellow gamers on the forums.

maccabi

vims1990 wrote:

I tried the Razer Onza Professional & it was horrible. Went back to using my trustworthy XBOX standard controller a couple of days later.

I know a couple of YouTubers & "professional" gamers are promoting this controller but can't tell whether they're being paid to say it.

no nutshell answer.. didnt you see all my tweets?

what pee'd me off most about the razor (apart from it breaking) was the triggers they got so close to a perfect controller but i found the triggers were too long ended up with achey fingers it just wasnt comfortable, im hoping all the complaints and feedback they got over the onza means the next one will be great razor are usually on the ball with feedback from gamers about their products.

vims1990

maccabi wrote:

vims1990 wrote:

no nutshell answer.. didnt you see all my tweets?

Checking now