14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2012 9:14 PM by That5What5Up RSS

Another Call Of Duty rushed ?

killerconfirmed

Hello, everyone.. it seems with all the problems mw3 has...why would they rush black ops 2 out to everyone?  will a new developer do it justice? after 9 cods can anyone get it right?

• Re: Another Call Of Duty rushed ?
    TehSpeagles

These games have no less development time than any other CoD.  "Rushing" really isn't the problem...

Bro, What are you sayin??? Do you know what a managers job is? -- Maximize sharehold revenue. Business 101 - If they got it right the first time, no one would buy the newer version. Think of it this way - Why else would they continue to use the same game engine CoD after CoD when it is commonly accepted among community members that its a PoS? Bc its cheap, works sometimes, and gives hope that the next version will be better. Look at the sales from MW2 - Hit a crazy new record for gaming - Then new Record sales for BO, Then new Record sales for MW3, likely new record sales for BO2 -

Point is, the shareholder don't care if the game is rushed as long as stock prices continues to grow - Most industries would never survive like this, but gaming is different and these scumbags have capitalized on it. Educate yourself - The only way to stop these skidmarks from putting out an inferior product is to not buy their product. Dont buy it hoping it will be better then the last one. Dont buy it because its new and hopefully there will be some cool new game modes and weapons. Thats all smoke and mirrors - When you go to buy the next new cod, think back to all of those times mw2-bo-mw3 has bent you over - and know, the only difference with the next installment, you've paid an additional 60 bucks.

Boycott DLC, Boycott future versions. A fall in share prices due to a sub-quality product will open the door for competitors with a higher quality product - Prices are usually set by microsoft, however quality with a game of this magnitude is not. Boycott and see change - Otherwise, get inline to be bent over with the rest of the proles when the new cod is released.

Once they feel their stacks gettin lower they MIGHT realize a higher quality product will always provide longer lasting cash flows then a flavour of the month new release, and stop treating their fanbase/community and most importantly, their Customers like a bunch of 8 year old kids. What ever happened to, 'The customer is always right'?- Hit these pricks where it hurts them the most - Their wallets.

killerconfirmed

wow...ok ..but thats what everyone wants..a good cod game that isnt broken. would you keep buying a newer tv if it was broken time and time again? lol...and im sure we will all buy the next cod..just to see if its as broken as the last...

killerconfirmed

oh and by the way...i didnt need a 2,000 worded documentary about my education on the video game industry...thanks for trying to belittle me.

fatedtitan

Obviously you did since you think they're rushing Black Ops 2/Iron Wolf.

killerconfirmed

yet another one...

You're belittling yourself by making this personal - The previous post was not an attack on you. If it were, I would have pointed out the stupidity of having this thread in the first place when anyone who has been following this serious knows you are stating the obvious. My post was intended to make people think about what they can do to make a difference and actually insight a change - instead of just complaining how they lost their 60 bucks bc every cod is a money grab, doesn't live up to expectations, and is plagued with in-game problems - The point of the post you should have understood: They will only change anything unless we make it of interest to them. Don't make this personal, peasant - do your part and make a difference, don't just whine.

killerconfirmed

wasnt trying to whine or make this a personal attack on you...read your own post you name calling a** hole...who are you to call anyone names?  i just asked a question...you sir did not have to respond!  just because you have a total of 8 posts does not give you the right to call me a peasant! so back off of me troll !!

Sigh, whether your right or not.. you kinda killed your legitimacy.

"Game engines" aren't coded with millions of lines of code.

Thats the game itself.

the engine just renders the players view, the graphs the user sees, and how he reacts to the world. This is called the IW 5.0 engine.

And if the game is written in C# (using XDA Developer's toolkit for Windows and Xbox 360), a lot of that code would be simply used to define, list, and classify classes, methods, and so on. Even garbage collecting takes up a lot of code space, though im not sure if that's handled automatically by C#'s default libraries..

That5What5Up

I say better a rushed cod than...

*puts on sunglasses"

...a camped cod.