6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2012 2:22 PM by CODNoob12 RSS

Question about boosting...

Recently i have been playing kill confirmed very adjectivlley AKA only going for the tags and using tactical insertions. I have been going for my tags alot as well however i have been getting kills but ive put the tags first, id choose some tags over a kill. Is this boosting or just playing the game?

• Re: Question about boosting...

That is the objective....get the tags.

If you are using Tac Insert to get killed and retrieve your own tags primarily, then that is boosting.  If you use Tac Ins to kill the same player over and over again intentionally, then that is also boosting.

CODNoob12

I must admit, I am fuzzy about boosting. Now, dont get me wrong - I have never done so nor will I ever. But I don't know what to look out for in others. I don't really even know how it is done. Is it when two people on opposing teams who know each other kill one another over and over again?

Or is it when a group tac inserts in the same place? I am slightly embarrassed in a way, but I honestly am unsure what it is.

90% of the time boosting is done with tac inserts.  One player will kill an opposing player time after time.  The one who is getting killed uses a tac insert to spawn in front of his buddy.  Usually the aim is to get a MOAB or some other in game reward (completing challenges, etc).

in KC its mixed. yes you need to get the tags but you also need to get the kills for the tags. now if your really bosting in KC, then you have a tack insert and you keep spwning in the same place to collect your own tags just to get the points, that is real kc boosting

I play kill confirmed mostly and I can say almost all Tac Inserters are boosters or dirtbags. It's not about the objective, it's about the ease of getting big scores. You can pretend to try your hardest to get kills all you want, but you're a dirtbag.