12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2012 8:19 AM by CODNoob12 RSS

Serious rubber-banding last night.

adw1983

Ok.
Starting last night, I had some very very serious cases of rubber-banding.
Or rubber-breaking, if you want.

Scenario 1:
I run towards a bridge.
Killcam.

Yes.

This is softcore.

I run from my spawn, and have been running for 4 seconds.
I run towards a bridge.

Then I see a killcam.
I see myself dying on the way to that bridge.

I never got shot.

I never HEARD a shot being fired.

I never saw my body fall to the ground.

I was running, and then the killcam came.

TWO full seconds were rewinded, and I did not get insta-killed, I got insta-killcammed.

Scenario 2: I shoot at an enemy.

Killcam.
My body never hit the ground, I never got hit, he never fired a shot.
Killcam shows him shooting me dead normally, while I'm still walking before spotting him.

This happened multiple times with different hosts, and it happened to multiple people in my party.

Normal lag: You shoot, you don't get hitmarkers, you die.

Bad lag: You shoot, you die, you never fired a single shot.
Very bad lag: You die period.

This new lag: You see the killcam of someone killing you

This is getting out of hand!

• Re: Serious rubber-banding last night.
    capp00

I've been seeing a lot of rubber-banding lately too. So bad at a few points that I was standing perfectly still and was being slung back and forth into a building.

I lagged so hard last night that I got killed by someone using a PP90, that according to the killcam, was on the complete opposite side of the map from where I was at, and it didn't even register in the Killfeed.

This has been happening to me and my whole party for at least a week. And it's constant in every game for the most part. I've been messing with my router to try to get rid of host so hopefully that works. Idk thought, seems like a problem with the game

I was playing last night on hardhat me and another clan member were running from c towards a by the side with 2 alleys and a guy literally base ball slid into the screen shot us both and then glitched back up straight. was'nt even the normal lag skate he really slid I was like wtf? unfortounately it was hardcore so no kill cam.......

mralpharogue

Time to upgrade from digis/quest/next-door-walmart internet connections to a real connection.

Thouhg, on the flip side, you don't want your internet to be TOO good because of lag comp. Try finding mediocre internet and your problems will be solved.

im on the midgrade comcast connection hardwired to a router and never let anyone else have access to the internet when im on.....so my connection is solidbut who cares with lag comp and lag switches I should just save my money and 56k it.......or better yet teather my 3g like all these other 2.5 kdr bosses.

Were you playing the new maps? aka did you not turn the new map search off?

There are so few people with the new maps playing that I cant find a good match with them in rotation...

today its worse than ever, i've shoot an entire ump mag into one dude and he kills me without shooting a single bullet and when i saw the killcam i did nothing, i just stand there, and this happend multiple times.

i don't know what this is, lag switch, lag compensation, hacking, i have no idea, all i know is that i won't play this game again till they get their **** together, in the current state the game is a joke.

CODNoob12

Rather than create my own thread asking the question, I'll ask it here: how many bars mean you have a good connection? Asking because it seems like a lot of matches I none of them. I am deducing that is probably bad, but I'd like to know for sure.

Maybe playing on the new maps is my problem. that seems about the time all this crap started. But I set my router to limit my upload to 512kbs so hopefully i never get host anymore.

And I usually notice it when I get down to even 3 bars. definately at 2 bars (yellow) I notice the lag

CODNoob12

Thank you. Look, I'm not pretending to be awesome at this game, because I'm certainly not. However, plain and simple, I notice when I have 2 bars or less, I'm dying more. I'd love to tell you that I study each and every killcam, but I don't. But I do notice I am getting killed in exchanges I actually expect to win, giving me tons of "WTF" moments.