35 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 1:27 PM by icefox RSS

MW3 has robbed me i'm going to BF3

BLACKDOG

Mw3 is a rip it constantly lags elite never has any clan ops that i paid for, elite maps are not really that elite you still wait forever for them.

This is the worst cod title ever, MW3 didnt even need to be a release it could have been a map pack for MW2

• Re: MW3 has robbed me i'm going to BF3

I'm sick of posts like this. Yes, the game is broken. Yes, it has issues. But no, it not completely unplayable. Get in a bad lobby full of FMG9's and Dead Man's Hand? Back out and find a different one. Don't like the spawn system? Play Search & Destroy. It's not that difficult. I get angry at this game sometimes, but that doesn't make me want to completely give it up. It can still be fun if you quit complaining and remember that its a GAME.

BLACKDOG

its not fun paying £35 quid for elite and not getting what you paid for, woud you goto a shop and give them money for a new tv then walk out without the tv, i dont think so.

and yes it is pretty much unplayable the game came out november its now nearly april that pretty much says its always gonna be broken.

Im right there with you. This game gets me pissed at times. There is so much crap that we really didnt need to have to deal with. But hey I can still have fun in this game. Just avoid the lobby when its full of BS. Id rather play go players and have a close match and barely go positive then run all over noobs just to get killed by DMH or a kid laying prone in a bush aiming his akimbo fmg9's at a doorway.

You should probably quit reading the forums if you get pissed you ******* moron.  if it's just a game, go play the piece of **** and get off the forums.

We who paid for this pile of ******* **** can ***** all we want.  We were scammed into paying for something we did not get, and cannot get our money back.

So **** activision and **** you and **** anyone else on the game's side and thinks this bullshit is acceptable. 

assclowns

esmorgue

I at times wish it was just a complete DLC for MW2.

Justin_IRE

Agreed, play the game... as long as your positive (even when losing) you can come up with some funny/ interesting stuff to do.. me I love this game despite "all the things wrong with it"

esmorgue

I have had my thoughts of buying BF, but I would be to far out of the loop to enjoy it I imagine.

wridtrvlr

For me I just like the COD titles better.  Even this POS, IMO, is better than BF3.  So I will continue to play it and enjoy what I can from it.  At times it is great, things go your way, everyone you see drops like a fly.  Other times, you get spawn raped and die over and over and over and over but I still manage to make it out of a game like that with a smile. 

I bought Elite for the maps and the clan stuff. So far, just an opinion, all the maps so far suck. And we all know how everything clan related has been. Also, I might be part of the minority here, but, I don't give a f**k about new spec ops missions either. All I want is a quality, consistent game. 

tbh every new map infinity ward sucks and is never played how they intended. but i have bf3 and its ok, but it too has just as much issues as CoD, but cos you dont play bf3/or as much you dont realise it

I disagree. The connection in BF3 is 10x better than MW3. And after the latest patch most of the balancing issues have been fixed. Mostly because DICE actually compiled a massive patch consisting of 1gb worth of fixes. Infinity Ward on the other hand, throws out either a broken hotfix and/or a broken 5-30mb patch. Everyone is just sick of dying to play MW3 the way it's meant to be played. People really like the game, they just don't like the inconsistency and constant feeling of being handicapped.

no doubt DICE do do their job, but i still have lag issues now and again, but the huge updates are annoying tbh, fully beat games out before release, that goes for them all.

the other thing i dont likie about bf3 is it just feels slower than black ops to me most of the time, but its a nice breath of fresh air to cod most of the time

Yea I agree with that for the most part. I would rather have a complete game and a constant stream of fixes rather than a massive patch down the road. It just sucks that IW does release a decent amount of patches that never seem to do anything. I actually like Black Ops' pacing. MW3s fast pacing is fake and annoying. It just gives off the illusion that it's fast paced because it decides to spawn enemies and friendlies 3 feet from each other all the time. Yea it's nice to be in the action alot but the spawn system just makes it unfair usually. Also, Black Ops was usually perfectly paced for me or even incredibly fast in objective modes. Team deathmatch in Black Ops and MW3...actually all CoDs...has always been a camping snore fest. You might get the odd few matches here and there where people actually move but that's rare.

ghamorra

Say what you want, but as soon as you find a lobby that functions the way it was intended to you'll be hooked for another a few weeks, even if those few weeks are full of BS. That's just how CoD is, it's the biggest cock tease in the world and you're always hanging around just long enough to find a lobby that works

this i can agree with totally, i find my good lobby once a day, have a few matches in it and leave before rage gets me if i can (unless im too hooked)

these lobbies are getting harder to find though

ghamorra

No doubt. I've rage quit probably 3x today because of unplayable lobbies. I found one good match but that didn't last long before the host quit and I was kicked.

I spent the next half hour looking for another good lobby, didn't find one so I put the game away for the rest of the day

wridtrvlr

Agreed, for me it's when I find the higher ranked lobbies, not the level 15 prestigers but the people who are in the top 500 score of HC KC.  If I find a lobby with a bunch of good players in it, my matches are soo good.  Smooth gameplay, every hit kills, it is very nice. 

Now, when I go into a lobby and I am at the top of the leaderboard (mind you I am ranked like 15,000 in HC KC not bad but definitely far from the top), I know it is going to be a crap game but I still manage.  I just like it better when I play with elite players.

fair enough.

nickpeck36

Lol, you won't last in BF3.  Your teammates suck and do not play as a team which will leave you with no healing or bullets when you need it.  You can't run and gun at all in that game, you will be sniped to no end or rocket spammed.  You can also be lucky to get held down by choppers left and right on a big chunk of the maps.

Then there's times when you are running around solo for awhile to finally get to a point to then get killed by some random dude sitting in a bush.  BF3 is NO better and has it's own set of problems unique to that game.  I loved it at first but after all of the changes made to bullet spread and ranges it started getting stupid.  It isn't much better these days either so good luck .

Sure, MW3 is no where near perfect but it's more fun when things are running good.  BF3 still has some lag rubberbanding issues as well that were said to have been fixed several times now.  All games have their good and bad points so don't think you are going off to a better experience, you will be dissapointed.  They are both good games and are pretty different from one another. I admit I think about going back sometimes but I don't know if I really want to get into those issues again.

aaces101

Bye W <-----hand waving

I hate when people blame lag because they can't admit they suck.

AC_786

overall each game has its problems but personally MW3 is alot better than BF3 in so many ways the only thing that i even like comparing bf3 to mw3 is that u get to control the vehicles but saying that u dont get the killstreaks that MW3 but the game modes i prefer mw3 a hell of alot better...

as for elite i dont see why so many people moan imo the majority of ppl who paid for elite would be the ones who would pay for the DLC when its released so we are still saying money on that and get the maps at a steady pace FIRST ON OUR CONSOLES so yea i love MW3 and wouldnt trade it for BF3 anyday of the week infact i think i only played my BF3 in total of around 5 hours online lol

dlundebjerg28

As frustrating as MW3 can be, it can still be a ton of fun.

I was playing last night and I was getting into the douchiest lobbies with some horrible connections. A buddy of mine got kicked from about 8 straight games, it always seemed like more or someone else in my party was host, the frame rate was dropping like crazy, and it always seemed like the enemy had their fair share of Akimbo primary kids and kids running around with an RPG or SMAW. I would say that for the entire night I maybe played in 3-4 good lobbies where people played the objective and it was a hard fought game with little to no connection issues.

After all that frustration, you'd think I played for like an hour, but no, I played until 3am and even though there was some frustrating crap going on it was still a ton of fun. As mad as this game can get you, it still can be fun. So what if its broken? So what if Elite isn't exactly how you imagined it? At the end of the day I can still have fun playing this game, which is enough for me.

I definitely have not seen any clan ops to participate in.  What gives?  Always content not available