21 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2012 10:47 AM by ill-lll RSS

Noob Tubes and RPG's in Hardcore

andynewns

Is it just me or is everyone else bored, with all the people using Smaw's as primary weapons, or running around with their noob tubes or XM25s at the ready.

Its great that they nerfed them in softcore, but it seems all the noobs have come to hardcore so they can spam noobs across the map.

I personally would love it if they removed Noob tubes, Smaw's and RPG from Hard core, but that will never happen

• Re: Noob Tubes and RPG's in Hardcore
    esmorgue

As much as I have from the HC portion of the community that is almost exactly what they want.

wridtrvlr

It really is ruining HC.  I mean it's already easy enough to kill the enemy, why do you need an RPG?  I especially hate those guys that run around with an RPG, and once they run into you, shoot it at the ground, get killed but they still kill you.  That to me doesn't make any sense, if you are blowing yourself up, to get a kill, isn't that redundant??

I only play HC KC and these idiots do it all the time.  You have to be able to get the tag or else the kill is worthless.  No you don't have to get EVERY tag but if you are CQC and win the battle, you better pick that ******* tag up!! 

Better yet the XM25 abusers, you can hear them just randomly firing rounds the entire match.  Maybe they get a few kills from it but what a waste.  I can't hate too much b/c on occasion I will pull out the XM25 and blow some people away with it when I am in a lobby full of tubes and launchers. 

andynewns

I usually play as part of a clan, normally playing domination.

So usual thing cap 2 flags, and defend them. Without fail the noobs come out, I don't actually mind if they use it to clear the room because someone is camping the flag, it's when that's all they do.

We have got to the point now where the whole clan has a noob class just to return the favour.  I hate noobing and will only do it normally in last prestige to finish levelling up the guns.

wridtrvlr

They should create a lobby: "guns & knife only".  There could be a CORE and HC one.

This lobby would be straight up bullets and steel.  No frags, stickys, claymores, launchers, nothing that explodes, not even tactical equipment would be allowed.  Yes to the throwing knife because it is steel.

I wonder how those little ******* would do then. 

yes, oh god yes. they should ban it from HC. i hate getting constantly spawn camped from across the map by noobs and launchers.

keep the stingers, that's all

RPG's should'nt be banned completely. There should be an option so that you can choose to play in either normal lobbies where you can use any weapon, or play in an RPG-free lobby where all weapon mounted grenade launchers and RPG's are banned. That way you can play a more consistant game with a good K/D and enjoy it more, as well as having a game mode to level up RPG's without p!ssing off players that prefer to kill with bullets.

Thesandman

Its the xm25 that annoys me the most as its too easy to use and has to much power.

mdm123456789

If it does happen, as in removing the tubes, then after that, I give it a week, tops, before something else needs to be taken out of the game. I've seen quite a bit of these smaw's, RPG and xm25. Do I complain? No. I am completely against the removal and the buffing or nerfing of weapons in these games. Just because people say, "To many people use them," you guys think that wahtever it is that's being over used should be removed, buffed or nerfed and that's bullsh!t. I think it's funny how some choose to use the shittiest weapon in the game, and just because he/she doesn't see it very often, the other weapons are being "over used". OP, get over it man. Same goes to the rest of ya's that are agreeing with'em. This type of sh!t is what's breaking this game.

Oh, and no I'm not one that uses these weapons you guys are crying about, go ahead and check. Hey, I know, maybe you be really original and do some stat bashing. O_o

TeamKillerMAC

They should not remove launchers in Hardcore. IW needs to fix Blast Shield

I like the smaw , I dont over use but do use it when I have too... I do hate the XM though.... too many shots allowed . Atleast smaw only has 1 shot per life lol

kylet345

When they make it easier to get the Grenade Launcher challenge in Core, then I'll stop coming in Hardcore to get it.

maccabi

xm25 is the only noobtube that needs removing from hc, its stupid giving players 12 nades

the *cough* buff we got for BS makes no difference.

That's why I don't play hardcore. Also because jackass teammates will destroy your equipment going for sitrep pro. Too many people using noob tubes, rpgs and other explosives in hardcore, just ruining it. The idea of hardcore is awesome(no mini map, no regenerative health, no crosshairs... but people ruin it.

undzis

I have to agree, they really should remove all non lock on launchers and noob tubes from HC.  Its really gotten ridiculous the amount of noob tube spamming that goes on in HC.  Anybody that disagrees are the same ppl that are spamming the tubes. Killing is easy enough without the tubes.  Spamming tubes is just absurd.

ill-lll

That's not true. I refuse to tube in HC because it's a cheap, gimp tactic that requires zero skill. That said, I don't think they should remove the launchers entirely. They have their uses. Some people prefer that playstyle and can't keep their gun on target for the life of them. They want to play like noobs - that's their deal.

The problem, as it has been since the release of the game, is that there is no effective counter to the tubing. You have three options as it stands and the most important one doesn't work. The Blast Shield perk should be the de facto counter to all the explosives. In Black Ops, Flak Jacket reduced 91% of explosive damage in Hardcore game modes. This was enough to survive two tubes, nades, C4, a claymore, or multiple shots from air support. In my opinion, it should have been even stronger but that is another story. In MW3, the percentage is much lower. Originally, the perk had the same value as Core, which was about 35%. They supposedly buffed it closer to 60-70%, but unfortunately that is still not enough explosive damage reduction to survive the splash damage from any of the explosives in this game. The perk is totally broken and worthless, when it should be the strongest counter.

That leaves using a Trophy System. It works ok for capping a flag in domination, but the problem with this equipment is that it takes a bit to set up, it only stops two of the possible 11 explosives a player can spawn with, it can kill you or another player if they don't lay down behind it, and it protects a static area, so it actively encourages camping. This equipment was a great addition for objective games, but it isn't a counter to explosives. They could improve this by giving it 6 or 7 projectile deflections instead of only two. I'm also of the opinion that if you pick it up before it gets destroyed, the "ammo" should replenish. This would make it a more viable piece of equipment and a counter that you could use while staying mobile. This shouldn't work forever, but you should be able to pick it up and refill it multiple times before the equipment expires.

The other option is the support streak Ballistic Vests. The irony of all this is that vests will absorb more explosive damage than the Blast Shield perk. Vests are really the only option for surviving explosives in Hardcore as it stands, and they only work against certain explosives like frags and a poorly-placed GL attachment. Rockets, RPG's and C4 still destroy them with ease. Vests are already borderline OP in HC and shouldn't receive any tweaks. This is just an ironic thing to fall back on because nothing else does what it should.

The explosives are fine in Hardcore if you have working counters. Black Ops was pretty close. MW3 took a huge leap in the opposite direction.