36 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2012 1:21 PM by SalemInChains RSS

The point of the PS3 MW3 Forum? Respect to the gaming community!

robbierocket

So many people have complained about various issues, many are gameplay-orientated like weapon balancing and streaks etc. However most are about spawns, Elite and lag.

If people have a problem with this, it is right to complain. The game developers should be in no doubt as to the game they have created and how people feel about it. A few people have come on this forum to be "tough" or "cool" or "controversial" to attack those being honest, to criticise the people who are complaining and upset about their MW3 experience.

It may well be that some people moan about smaller issues or are even frustrated by their own style of gameplay or other people's, but realistically a huge amount of the community have problems with MW3 and it's all the game-breaking stuff, and all the things that are not answered by the devs.

Most people are upset because we all got a fair deal on older CODs, particulary the COD4, WaW overall, MW2 in terms of connection, and Black Ops, in terms of customisation, stats and patch information. In fact the more this series deteriorates the more we realise how spoilt we were.

When people moan, they are communicating their own distress, problems and frustrations, I don't feel it is right for someone else (who has lesser problems with the game) to pass negative judgement on those who have a poor game experience and those who make complaints. If the game is great for everyone, there will be few comments, and certainly less of the well-constructed complaints. These moans are not "noob" moans, they are decent gamers and I'm proud to be a gamer like the people on this forum.

This game has been a big disappointment for many people, the majority, partly because of expectation due to previous COD experiences, but also because the game does not work properly and the only communication from the developers is about more maps, more operations, more money.

Elite has been atrocious. The 3 primary purposes have been poor. Stats can only be viewed out of game, Clan operations - a massive new excitement - are pathetic if existing at all (and that's the same for clans on Elite in general), and the maps are out in a timeline and format which seems unpleasing to most. Nevermind glitches and crashes.

Lag is the worst played of all the series. 5 years on from COD4: MW and here we are, with relentlessly poor gameplay due to lag, host lag and inconsistent lag (meaning you cannot even adjust to the lag). Add to this the reduced chance of playability within a party.

Spawns are generally random and bad - in that you can die from a spawn with no chance and the maps are tight for whatever (surely well-intended) reason so this only adds to the problem.

Finally communication. This has been terrible. Misleading timelines, little communication about Elite and clan ops, so little working, even now, and nothing to start with, whatever has been told was tweeted on Twitter, not posted directly here. The devs appear not to be interested and have said nothing to hide that.

(my opinions)

MW - 9/10

WAW 9/10

MW2 7/10

BO 6/10

MW3 2/10

This has been the worst COD by a way. And this community deserve more.  These forums owe it to the devs and the community to show that!

• Re: The point of the PS3 MW3 Forum? Respect to the gaming community!
    esmorgue

I have always felt this way. This is the Hq for CoD and always has been. This is a source for us to give feedback and suggestions to the development teams so they can understand what we are going through while playing their games.

It has recently been stated to us by a Dev that they cannot reproduce what we are experiencing...How is that possible? It is all on the web...Whether via their theater mode, which they discount as not reliable. Or through PVR capture or other means. Yet when that appears before them...you hear nothing back about it. Yet they asked for this info. A sad day indeed for CoD, at least by these guys. They are NOT the true IW, nothing more than a patchwork of companies trying to capitalize off of IW hard work and vision.

sporry

"WE Listen to the community"  that was the words of mr. robert bowling by the introducing of MW3... ok now you can, but you don't do a f#ck about it.

SalemInChains

LOL they only care for a few months before the game comes out. After you give them your $$$, you are on your own. Look at how they treated us in MW2. Why would MW3 be any different? Same lies, Same intentional misleading of the customer. More broken promises.

Funny how you never see Treyarch throwing huge parties (COD XP) or making bold promises about communication and customer importance and not living up to them. Nor do we see 3arch telling us that IW's shitty lag comp is the customer's fault. Nor do we see them promise us things that they arent capable of producing (OMA patch, Scavenger not picking up noob tube ammo "Great commincation with our fans, the customer").

Problem with the MW series has been the lack of Devs caring whether it be because they are running off to EA, too busy with thier own pipe dreams about yet another useless zombie game or they just dont give a crap after they have our cash. IW's track rocord shows this. MW1, MW2 and now 3.

honestly why would we expect any different?

esmorgue

I try not to even ramble about Elite because i was in the Beta...and it worked better than it does now. By about 80%

As far as you ratings... This game hits the same number for me, Black Ops is tied because it runs almost exactly the same way. W@W, I liked, just shi**7 patch jobs. MW2 I prefer highly over all. I just am hurt because it was left in the hands of these.....well we see the support this game gets. So we know why that game was never addressed.

wridtrvlr

I would love to see more response out of the devs.  They have to read these forums and just because they could not get the lag **** we are/have experienced doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  You would think they would listen to the majority.

Now, I normally have decent playable matches, no lag and no WTF he just shot me 10 seconds after I ran around that corner (exaggeration).  But I have had a good handful of matches that I ditch out on and there is always the same consistent problem for me: I WAS HOST!!!!  Whenever I pull host I can immediately tell, the frame rate is all jumpy, I will loose 5 of 6 battles even when I have a jump on the guy.  The game does become unplayable for me if I am host.  And I have a very good connection: 15 down, 4 up (plenty of speed for a good host).  Those are the moments I leave that match and find a new one.

I never had this issue with any of the other titles, I only own MW2 and BLOPS btw.  They broke something with this title, but what is funny is that with the other titles I personally never had issues like I've had with this one.  I just wonder why??? 

WolfRidge

During the game launch 402 and that guy from SH banged on about balance, this is the most imbalanced COD i have ever played and my performance is not a result of my ability most of the time.

As I'm sure most people have witnessed, how is it possible to go 20 kills 9 deaths for example in one game when you feel good, the next game you go 9 kills 20 deaths? just because the host has changed. I don't toggle between good and bad player in each game.

Elite TV shows FNF where teams battle on a LAN, this game is designed for a WAN so maybe they should have concentrated on connections as their #1 prioity rather than BS add-ons and gimmicks.

"Most Balanced COD ever"  Yeah Sure

robbierocket wrote:

So many people have complained about various issues, many are gameplay-orientated like weapon balancing and streaks etc. However most are about spawns, Elite and lag.

If people have a problem with this, it is right to complain. The game developers should be in no doubt as to the game they have created and how people feel about it. A few people have come on this forum to be "tough" or "cool" or "controversial" to attack those being honest, to criticise the people who are complaining and upset about their MW3 experience.

It may well be that some people moan about smaller issues or are even frustrated by their own style of gameplay or other people's, but realistically a huge amount of the community have problems with MW3 and it's all the game-breaking stuff, and all the things that are not answered by the devs.

Most people are upset because we all got a fair deal on older CODs, particulary the COD4, WaW overall, MW2 in terms of connection, and Black Ops, in terms of customisation, stats and patch information. In fact the more this series deteriorates the more we realise how spoilt we were.

When people moan, they are communicating their own distress, problems and frustrations, I don't feel it is right for someone else (who has lesser problems with the game) to pass negative judgement on those who have a poor game experience and those who make complaints. If the game is great for everyone, there will be few comments, and certainly less of the well-constructed complaints. These moans are not "noob" moans, they are decent gamers and I'm proud to be a gamer like the people on this forum.

This game has been a big disappointment for many people, the majority, partly because of expectation due to previous COD experiences, but also because the game does not work properly and the only communication from the developers is about more maps, more operations, more money.

Elite has been atrocious. The 3 primary purposes have been poor. Stats can only be viewed out of game, Clan operations - a massive new excitement - are pathetic if existing at all (and that's the same for clans on Elite in general), and the maps are out in a timeline and format which seems unpleasing to most. Nevermind glitches and crashes.

Lag is the worst played of all the series. 5 years on from COD4: MW and here we are, with relentlessly poor gameplay due to lag, host lag and inconsistent lag (meaning you cannot even adjust to the lag). Add to this the reduced chance of playability within a party.

Spawns are generally random and bad - in that you can die from a spawn with no chance and the maps are tight for whatever (surely well-intended) reason so this only adds to the problem.

Finally communication. This has been terrible. Misleading timelines, little communication about Elite and clan ops, so little working, even now, and nothing to start with, whatever has been told was tweeted on Twitter, not posted directly here. The devs appear not to be interested and have said nothing to hide that.

(my opinions)

MW - 9/10

WAW 9/10

MW2 7/10

BO 6/10

MW3 2/10

This has been the worst COD by a way. And this community deserve more.  These forums owe it to the devs and the community to show that!

Brilliant post.. 1 of the most accurate i have read on these forums because i am at the same way of thinking to everything you have said.. even the previous COD title scores i would judge pretty much the same.. your also right in the fact that the dev's dont even bother to look on these forums anymore nor do they post any helpfull information.. im done with Infinity Ward as a whole and im not holding my breath on Black Ops 2 neither .. hopefull another Games Developer will step up and take COD's place very soon..

robbierocket

Appreciate your response, and the others. There's no surprise from me that a thread like this receives empathy, we are all playing the same online game (even if we do experience it on a different timeline [lag]).

When I went to this forum today, it made me laugh to see the number of posts about PS3 freezes and so on, associated with the new map. If that had happened 3-4 years ago on COD, I would have been worried or disappointed. But not now. What does that tell you?

Moon Head 92

Honestly, I haven't been on this game in months now, i switched from 360 to PS3 back in january and i just went for mw2 instead. I had some games with lag, but for the most part unlike black ops it worked for me (not discounting the problems you guys have, as i experienced it with black ops).

I play TDM on mw2, no hacks, no OMA/DC, and commando appears maybe 1/10 every game. I'm finally getting to enjoy my favorite out of the series (didn't get to play cod4 or waw before the "hackers" ruined it). I'm not that excited about black ops 2 at all, as with these past two releases i have always gone back to mw2.

Thesandman

Very well constructed and informative post Robbie.

I do get annoyed with people in forums who are quite nasty to people because they come on here and complain about Lag,Elite, DLC releases etc.

We are all gamers playing an imperfect unfinished game and really should all be singing from the same sheet rather than moaning at each other.

Good post.

I believe in my humble opinion the problem started way back in 2002 when Activision bought a cash strapped Infinity Ward for $5 million dollars,

Up until that time IW was a talented team of game players turned developers who knew what gamers wanted and went on to produce some fantastic games based upon what gamers wanted.

But they ran out of money as they were not big enough ($ wise) to produce the kind of games us gamers wanted. So along came the big ugly money grabbing company Activision, who basically stole IW for a small sum of money ($5 million) IW has since went on to generate Billions and Billions of dollars.

As I say up until that time IW listened to gamers but Activision being a public company listed on nasdaq do not listen to the gaming community, they HAVE to listen to their board of directors and their shareholders and produce profits and pay dividends. Their 1 year targets are at about 20% growth per annum. They (Activision) are only interested in selling existing games and ancillary services (map packs & elite for example) and churning out new games as quickly as possible, they are unrealistically expecting and forcing the devs to produce them quickly and get them to market, and as we have all found out they are releasing them without them being finished, imo the games are getting worse every year Black ops was an unfinished product and MW3 is even worse and I believe it will be worse as the years go by.They don't listen to the gamers on here or any other forums

Who has got an answer to anything they have asked on these forums or twitter?

They employed a pr guy (Bowling) and basically set the fool up, before release he promised things would be different with mw3 and probably he believed or was told these things would happen. But to appeal to a bigger audience things coud not be so. To reach a bigger audience and hence make more money the game could not have the features experienced gamers would want as if so the new up coming gaming market would not buy it as they would get badly owned when playing. So they had to make the game noob friendly so all the little gamers would tell their friends how good the game was as they got on maybe their first fps and did good, got kill streaks and had fun and told all their friends who then went out and bought it.. While we the experienced gamers suffered as even the connection code was set up for mums internet not for people who had spent $'s on good gaming connections.

I guess you all understand now what I am saying but in a nutshell we have all suffered due to the greed of a money hungry company. As a public company must have growth to continue to appeal to investors and due to the success of previous cod titles growth would have been hard to achieve without appealing to a whole brand new market.

I think it is a real shame as there was a whole bunch of talent in the original developers, but they even got fired or quit as their ethos did not fit with a big company like Activision

rant over.

robbierocket

There's definitely a lot of insight there (in your post). I would have felt hestitant to call it insight and instead called it intuition, however I know that no-one at Activision will jump forward to deny this (in any case), thus making it a kind of self-perpetuating truth.

Power to the independent game companies that can create a classic that goes cult blockbuster before being bought out!

You have hit the nail on the head, on a few points, you could call it insight as I did hold a board position in a publicly listed company and am involved in an ipo.

Lets hope that 10 yrs on with many more ways (and less expensive) to market a great product that some independent game company will release a blockbuster of a game that makes the big boys sit up and take notice. As the only way to do that is if their share price and/or dividends are adversely affected. Good healthy competition is what is needed. And/Or is this showing that there is a niche market for a fps game that is built around what older/experienced gamers want.

KingLarocko

mw2 is by far worse than mw3

robbierocket

But for its prime year of life: November 2009 to November 2010 it WAS NOT way worse than MW3 in its prime year: November 2011 to November 2012.

Unless you think that the game will be resurrected with aplom.

The reason MW2 sucks now, is the same reason MW3 sucks now, in many ways - A LACK OF CARE. The difference is that MW2 was made when not all the care had been sucked out of the COD series and so in comparison to that and those times is what I have stated.

If you compare MW3 to MW2 today you are comparing a better crafted model that has been left to rot for 2 years vs a poorly crafted model that is rotting now.

Another problem is there is'nt any compitition.. ? that would throw the ball back in our court because we would have more choice.. good posts btw guys..

robbierocket

Absolutely. Infinity Ward raised the bar with COD4:MW and I thought Treyarch did a really good job with WaW, especially in terms of atmosphere, originality, game balancing and innovation. But with little competition to beat off and little choice for GARY GAMER, the bar has been allowed to drop.

It's like any form of employment. A wealth of workers increases workrate within a position, a lack with allow standards to drop.

I hope BF go their own waty more and a 3rd or 4th FPS arises, or even better a multi-styled game that munches on the FPS market because it is so all-encompassing and shows the industry just what you really can do.

robbierocket

MW3 and the communication associated with it has set new standards in poorness.

ghamorra

I find the forums as a place to vent and let frustration out. I know I get incredibly frustrated when I try to play several matches only find all them unplayable by issues I can't control. My typical gaming day consists of attempt after attempt to find a game that functions even moderately

When I come to the forum and find complaint threads I post my unhappiness which, pyschologically, makes me feel better. I hop back on CoD and after a bit more friction I get into a decent lobby and all is right in the world

Thesandman

I agree with most of whats being said, especially the respect part, and there is a few controversial people who come on here and get stuck into you if you dare suggest,a change, or an improvement and generally they just act Elitist and nasty as if they were better than other people.

We are all in this together and if someone makes a suggestion or poses a question, try not to be nasty and offensive with your answer.

We all bought this game, so it gives us all the right to comment about it on here. Some comments we may agree with and some we dont, but it should never be reason to just be downright nasty to someone.