24 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2012 11:36 AM by whytie84 RSS

Am I a camper?

whytie84

Everybodys been called a camper, it happens nearly every game to me, yet im generally running about most of the time.

There are occasions where you would be mad to walk out of a doorway or into an open area as its suicidal, so by being cautious are you a camper!? I would say its called using your brain and being smart.

In this game I got no hate verbally, but multiple fan mail messages afterwards. Is this really camping!?......

• Re: Am I a camper?

i would say it was strategic playing personally and not camping.

wridtrvlr

The term camping seems to be the theme for this forum today.  I prefer the term "patrolling".  I get to an area of the map where I have multiple lines of site, a few hiding areas and it is within the main flow of traffic so I still see a lot of action.  You can find me in one area of the map the entire game, am I camping???  Absolutely not.

I never sit in a corner, my back protected by a wall and hope that someone runs past me.  I am constantly moving around said area of the map, just because I kill you for the 10th time when you try to come into my area does not mean I'm camping.  Your video is great whytie84, people just flame because they are flamers themselves. 

First of all stop stealing my KS set up. Obviously that is txt book camping. You of course are suppose to fun in a room with 4 ppl spread right out hard aiming the doorway you are coming from.  sarcasm

I hope the kid hardaiming that door that you killed with C4 was the one who messaged you.

whytie84

ha ha, it was my setup first   i rarely use it tbh, i had that setup on for the clan ops that was on the other day. good for quickly racking up kills and then on to the next streak trying to earn em again!!

Yeah the ironic thing is one of the messages i recieved was from the guy i c4'd. hillarious!

nickpeck36

I really don't care how anyone plays as it is up to you to play the way you want.  I do what you showed and there is nothing wrong with it.  There are times I know someone is coming my way but since I run SMG's I can't always get them at distance so I'll either go prone and wait for them to round the corner or hid a bit and do the same thing.

I'm usually running but I'll stop in a corner if it will save/score me a few kils.  I could care less what anyone says lol.  Hell, everytime someone dies in this game the person that killed them is always "cheating" so what the hell, get your kill and move on no matter how you score it.

Here's the criteria I use to determine if something is camping or not:

Is the person pushing forward or is the person being flooded by enemies in a way that prevents him from pushing forward?

You bunkered down and placed a motion sensor to tell where enemies were. You popped your head out and picked people off and hid sometimes to pop off people as well. I consider that camping.

HOWEVER - props to you for playing intelligently against idiots. If I were an opposing player, I'd have stun checked you and ADS'ed around the corner.

whytie84

im not in total disagreement with your statement but i only really hunkered down to call in the killstreaks. i throw down a motion sensor to gather intel on where the enemy are, i usually put it in high traffic areas such as this point. The reason i was paused after putting the sensor down was because i wanted to see if the enemy was standing still or not, so i knew where to throw the C4 (roughly).

I get what your saying though, but my attitude is im not camping if i refuse to go out and fight a battle i cant win.

They werent very good opponents in fairness, think i went a bit kamikaze at the end and finished 24-7. meh!

I agree with sml7285. If you sit back somewhere and place items like the motion sensor, and stay there then yeah you are caming. it is textbook camping. now that doesnt take away from you destroyin the other team.

dlundebjerg28

Not really. Not your fault the idiots kept coming from the same direction. Whats the point in moving if people keep coming to you

No not camping to me you are being clever as you are moving around ,and fighting around a small area and the other team is attacking  that point on the map , camping is sat in one spot for the hole game and not moving

cookiedood

That's not camping

To be fair though we don't know what you were doing for the othe 5-10 mins of the game lol

whytie84

lmao!! the rest of it was ok dont get me wrong, but i didnt wanna waste peoples time with a huge clip. plus it takes ages to upload. that was the only bit where i was in a specific area for any length of time.

i like to run n gun, but if the situation requires it i can hunker down like this any day of the week!

i_m_c01

They knew where you were and still couldn't deal with you.

Think they expected you to come out with your hands up because they surrounded you, but then you slotted them all, so they are just bitter.

Not camping in the slightest.

Ztoned

why care what they say ? i get boored by standing still , but if 3 enemies come towards me i try to find cover instead of charging into bullets ...

whytie84

im not bothered by messages i recieve, i relish them, but usually dont get messages from two different guys after 1 match. i just wanted an opinion other than my own

I dont care about campers they usually do not go for objectives which makes me win that much more. WHat I do care about is spawn trappers. I believe this is a form of cheating, and an unfair way for the other team to win. IM sure just about everyone has been a victim of this.Im not sure if people think they are good because they can spawn trap and get 50 :3 KD, to me they just look really bad and nooby. If your good, you do not need to spawn trap, youll get your kills lagit! I see alot of clans do this, you can get mad at them, I just laugh at them. But I do feel they should be banned or their stats reset

I've seen a few clans try to spawn trap, but the games spawning system is still a little messed up so trapping has never really worked on me (not like in BLOPS, it was an annoyance) .. It's comical where I spawn sometimes .. Also, I never join a game with 4 or more clan players on a team .. I just choose to avoid the hassle .. Clans should not be allowed to play in the standard games ..

OMG !! Your such a camper !! No, no your not ... The other team was ticked cuz you didn't do what they wanted .. And that was, just run around blindy getting killed as many times as you can .. Their noobs, they know it and you know it ..

Haha! honestly I'm not sure what camping is anymore cause apparently everything you do nowdays is camping, but from what I've seen of your gameplays you are not a camper.