14 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2012 12:53 AM by Jus_call_me_J RSS

Uncivil Sniping Talk

brsox

Obviously the title is a joke. Here are my thoughts.

 

Stop complaining about being "quickscoped". I'm sorry that you cannot react quick enough to pull off a hip spray with your automatic weapon, and that it upset you. Stop crying that it is an exploit of aim assist, and that sniper rifles should never be effective in close ranges. Get over yourselves and your godly ACR / MP7 skills. ANYONE who can effectively snipe on the move will without a doubt kill you more often if they were using an AR or SMG.

 

Removing aim assist from sniper rifles is just plain effing stupid. It's like people think it takes skill to spray with an automatic weapon. OMG you were killed by a sniper outside of long range, it's the end of the world!

BALANCE! If they remove aim assist from snipers, then remove it from every weapon in the game. Do you people honestly think that your assault rifle doesn't take advantage of the aim assist feature? How about your panic knife? Oh yes....it does. Assault Rifles, SMGs, EVERY gun in the game "exploits" aim assist in the same way Sniper Rifles do.

Removing fast ADS is terrible too. If they do that, then just remove fast ADS from the game completely. ARs are way too effective at long range to screw snipers in this way.

There is a reason that every try hard is using their favorite AR or SMG. Sniping is already the most difficult way to play COD.

 

So you want to make sniper rifles useless in close - mid range? Fine. Then make ARs ONLY useful in medium range (no more triple kill hip spray for you Famas, ACR lovers). SMGs useful ONLY in close range (sorry UMP, MP7, AK74u lovers. you wont be able to pick people off from across the map anymore). Shotguns should be absolutely DOMINANT in close quarters...NO hitmarkers what-so-ever. How the hell would anyone find this fun?

There is a certain risk - reward factor involved in the game style of COD. No one is going to be able to clear a room with a sniper rifle and if they do...thats on YOU for being too slow to react with your AR, SMG, Shotty, Handguns, or Machine Pistols. You just got outplayed plain and simple.

 

People that act like snipers are so overpowered aren't good with them. They just don't want to be killed by a "quickscope" in close range while using an effective at all ranges Assault Rifle. Get over it and get over yourselves. How many times do you kill an SMG or Shotgun user in close range with your AR? If I get a hitmarker on you with a pump shotgun, followed by a quick panic knife or hipspray on your end, you "owned" me...but if I kill you, suddenly I become a shotgun ***** and its unfair. How about that hitmarker I got on you with an MSR from long range? You either escape death, or follow up by spraying 40 bullets in my direction which screws up my aim, then kills me. These people who run around with a sniper rifle only bring up your KD ratio. We all saw what happened at the beginning of Black Ops. It was a freaking joke. Who honestly wants a game like that?

 

And yes... I am mad, bro. Just thinking about these cry babies makes me want to throw something hard at something fragile.

  • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
    deucedouglas

    Hahahahaha thanks for the good laugh. That was hilarious.

  • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
    brsox

    Oh and I am not a hardcore sniper. Probably less than 10% of my kills are with sniper rifles. I am more of a shotgun *****. Spas-12 FTW? Couldn't be.

    • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
      CowboySr

      Why would you take the time to write something so long that you dont even have an interest in? I care care less about getting quickscoped. I dont think its game changing. I think its dumb that the crosshairs dont have to even be near a guy for you to get a hit marker, but other than that its rare anyway.

  • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
    deucedouglas

    brsox wrote:

     

    I'm sorry that you cannot react quick enough to pull off a hip spray with your automatic weapon, and that it upset you.

     

    So what about when I ADS, do everything right and get killed because he was able to half-scope in? Obviously because I was clearly outplayed.

     

    brsox wrote:

     

    Do you people honestly think that your assault rifle doesn't take advantage of the aim assist feature? How about your panic knife? Oh yes....it does. Assault Rifles, SMGs, EVERY gun in the game "exploits" aim assist in the same way Sniper Rifles do.

    Except for the fact that the AR/SMG's/EVERY gun in the game isn't a OHK to the knee cap. A bit different, no?

     

    brsox wrote:

     

    Sniping is already the most difficult way to play COD.

    Facepalm.

     

    brsox wrote:

     

    So you want to make sniper rifles useless in close - mid range? Fine. Then make ARs ONLY useful in medium range (no more triple kill hip spray for you Famas, ACR lovers). SMGs useful ONLY in close range (sorry UMP, MP7, AK74u lovers.

     

    How would you feel if you got killed by a SPAS from all the way across the map? Probably be pretty mad huh?

    • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
      brsox

      brsox wrote:

       

      I'm sorry that you cannot react quick enough to pull off a hip spray with your automatic weapon, and that it upset you.

       

      So what about when I ADS, do everything right and get killed because he was able to half-scope in? Obviously because I was clearly outplayed.

       

      Well obviously you did not react quick enough. you could have hip sprayed, perhaps with steady aim? The guy that killed you had better reactions thats all.

       

      brsox wrote:

       

      Do you people honestly think that your assault rifle doesn't take advantage of the aim assist feature? How about your panic knife? Oh yes....it does. Assault Rifles, SMGs, EVERY gun in the game "exploits" aim assist in the same way Sniper Rifles do.

      Except for the fact that the AR/SMG's/EVERY gun in the game isn't a OHK to the knee cap. A bit different, no?

       

      Umm... Sniper rifles do not kill with one bullet to the knee cap. Maybe lag or messy killcams cause you to believe this is the case but it's not designed that way. I think we all know that. Also if I miss, I am pretty much effed...considering you have any ability to shoot in my general direction with whatever spray weapon you are using.

       

      brsox wrote:

       

      Sniping is already the most difficult way to play COD.

      Facepalm.

       

      So you disagree. What would you say is the most difficult primary to use?

       

      brsox wrote:

       

      So you want to make sniper rifles useless in close - mid range? Fine. Then make ARs ONLY useful in medium range (no more triple kill hip spray for you Famas, ACR lovers). SMGs useful ONLY in close range (sorry UMP, MP7, AK74u lovers.

       

      How would you feel if you got killed by a SPAS from all the way across the map? Probably be pretty mad huh?

       

      Well we all know that shotguns will never be able to kill across the map with any amount of shots. I don't see where you are going with this one.

      • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
        deucedouglas

        brsox wrote:

         

        Well obviously you did not react quick enough. you could have hip sprayed, perhaps with steady aim? The guy that killed you had better reactions thats all.

         

        So I aimed and shot before he even started to aim and he had better reactions? Makes sense. The fact that Snipers 'ADS' so quickly paired with the fact that it is a OHK might give the illusion that the sniper reacted quicker when in fact it isn't the case.

         

        brsox wrote:

         

        Umm... Sniper rifles do not kill with one bullet to the knee cap. Maybe lag or messy killcams cause you to believe this is the case but it's not designed that way. I think we all know that. Also if I miss, I am pretty much effed...considering you have any ability to shoot in my general direction with whatever spray weapon you are using.

         

        I like how you refer to every weapon as a spray weapon like everyone just runs around firing from the hip. And there have been plenty of times I've killed guys where I most certainly didn't hit them in the upper body.

         

        brsox wrote:

         

        So you disagree. What would you say is the most difficult primary to use?

         

        You didn't say primary weapon. You said sniping was the most difficult way to play. Sniping is pathetically easy in MW3.

        • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
          brsox

          brsox wrote:

           

          Well obviously you did not react quick enough. you could have hip sprayed, perhaps with steady aim? The guy that killed you had better reactions thats all.

           

          So I aimed and shot before he even started to aim and he had better reactions? Makes sense. The fact that Snipers 'ADS' so quickly paired with the fact that it is a OHK might give the illusion that the sniper reacted quicker when in fact it isn't the case.

           

          You obviously didn't react quicker. You must be experiencing lag.

           

          brsox wrote:

           

          Umm... Sniper rifles do not kill with one bullet to the knee cap. Maybe lag or messy killcams cause you to believe this is the case but it's not designed that way. I think we all know that. Also if I miss, I am pretty much effed...considering you have any ability to shoot in my general direction with whatever spray weapon you are using.

           

          I like how you refer to every weapon as a spray weapon like everyone just runs around firing from the hip. And there have been plenty of times I've killed guys where I most certainly didn't hit them in the upper body.

           

          My appologies. What I mean is a fully automatic weapon that you can hold down the trigger until you get the kill spraying bullet after bullet with much less aim than a sniper requires. Again, you must be experiencing lag and hit detection issues. There have been plenty of times where I shoot someone in the chest and get nothing out of it.

           

          brsox wrote:

           

          So you disagree. What would you say is the most difficult primary to use?

           

          You didn't say primary weapon. You said sniping was the most difficult way to play. Sniping is pathetically easy in MW3.

           

          Is the Sniper Rifle your first choice for a close quarters weapon? I would much, much rather have ANY primary or a pair of machine pistols.

  • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
    Helltoy

    the thing is... no other weapon gets an ONE SHOT KILL as sniper rifles do and aim asist surely helps to that.

     

    lets say both an Assault Rifle user and an Sniper rifle user aim and shot each other at the same time, who will get killed first?

     

    i'm one of those that think that Quick scoping requires some skill as if it where as easy as some people say i could do it myself, and i can't.

     

    But i also think that yes, snipers benefit more than any other weapon from aim asist. and yes it should not be possible to aim fast with an sniper rifle.

     

    I think it should be like in black ops (not like it was at first of course... it was awful even tro try to use sniper rifles at long range as they are suposed to work) they ended with a very balanced sniper playstyle.

    • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
      brsox

      Snipers benefit from aim assist just as much as any other weapon in the game. Honestly I think they should just remove the faster ADS ability from the game all together. You cant give it to Assault Rifles and not Sniper Rifles.

       

      Risk / Reward with using an AR vs SR. Assault rifles are easy mode, effective at all ranges and I would say dominate the game, no?

       

      You can just hold down the trigger on an AR and even if you are not on target keep holding it down while you correct it (with some help from the dreaded aim assist). You need to be efficient and make those shots count with a sniper rifle. You miss and most likely die assuming your prey has any situational awareness.

  • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk
    gallp13

    Lol

  • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk

    Drop from the lobby.

    Go to recently played players.

    Avoid.

     

    Move on to the next game.

    This excercise works for all kinds of flaws in this game.

  • Re: Uncivil Sniping Talk

    Yeah stop moaning about qsers after you saw them first and got 3 hit markers, but still got killed...

     

    THAT is the way of the real and game world, 3 hits from an AR, LMG, SMG would never disable a Sniper enough for them to aim and drop you in 1 shot...

     

    Why complain when it's so realistic and balanced?