27 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2012 12:11 AM by Jus_call_me_J RSS

What was today's update for please?

Anyone have a link to the info or know anything about it?

• Re: What was today's update for please?
    mkweed5

I was just about to ask the same.

the update was about the prestige glitch and the knockout glitch, and the other mods that been going around

rankismet

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Anyone have a link to the info or know anything about it?

Be patient... 402 will tweet what it..

... oh, wait...

We'll never know.

Im pretty sure the update was for the hacks (knockback etc..) I got it yesterday from a random guy in a random dom lobby. Still have the file in my vualt-everyone has it named as "KnockBB". Also found a kid that had a few more hacks named "Tokens" "55+" and "Superjump". I was hosting a knockback lobby in a public match will a few friends and then all the sudden it kicked me off for the update at about 2:30 am PST and I could not get it to work since. Hate on me or whatever, but it was fun to see what was outside the map boundries.

CODNoob12

I can understand the curiosity. I just have a major issue with people who ruin the game for everyone else. You want to cheat? While I don't think it's fine, as long as your cheating with and against other cheaters, I can live with it. But when it's inviting people to lobbies only to boot them, reset them, and everything else, it's poor form and ruins the game. And when you cheat in publick lobbies glitching like crazy and robbing people of a fair experience, it's just as scummy.

starbuckfrack

Rwarner wrote:

Im pretty sure the update was for the hacks (knockback etc..) I got it yesterday from a random guy in a random dom lobby. Still have the file in my vualt-everyone has it named as "KnockBB". Also found a kid that had a few more hacks named "Tokens" "55+" and "Superjump". I was hosting a knockback lobby in a public match will a few friends and then all the sudden it kicked me off for the update at about 2:30 am PST and I could not get it to work since. Hate on me or whatever, but it was fun to see what was outside the map boundries.

When MS catches you running modded lobbies then all your Gamertag is banned and wiped clear. Points, DLC, EVERYTHING is gone. Is it really worth losing all that so you can jump high ?

Then you add the factor in that they could ban your console as well if you modified any software.

These pages will help later...

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2366.aspx

I see exactly where your all coming from. For me though, I dont mind. I didnt prestige in black ops and I didnt prestige in mw3. I have a negative kd in mw3 and its like 1.13 in black ops. To me, its a video game. I dont make money from playing video games. It distracts me from what I REALLY should be doing. Ban me, hack me, delete my gamer tags, reset my stats, give me a million deaths and no kills, whatever. Its fun to do something different. With my experience, everyone had fun with it for a few games them left when they didnt want to do it. simple as that, they were laughin, giggling, find cool places to explore. But again, its been fixed so whatever. an Xbox360 is like $300 anyways, ban my console and I'll go buy another. Its just a game to me, not my life.

The emergency TU that went live at 2am PST was to combat the recent wave of hack and mod attacks. We had previously released a hot-fix that prevented the spread of these virally through joining public matches. However, malicious individuals were sadly still using other propagation vectors to disseminate hacks, including one that reset a player's rank.

This TU has tightened our security on these vectors. To be safe while we monitor the situation please continue to IGNORE friend invites from anyone you do not know.

Anyone that has suffered from a rank reset please contact Activision CS with your GamerTag. We shall be reverting all victims to the rank they attained pre attack.

We are taking all available measures to prevent future hacks of this nature. We take the sanctity of the game experience very seriously.

Please PM me or BanCandy if you still experience hacks in the wild. The sooner we hear about them the sooner they'll be eradicated.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

maccabi

well there ya go ghandi just made me look no0bish hands up i guess this is one of the rare occasions i was wrong (although im still very surprised about how fast a title update got thru MS verification considering the date the infections startedhow long the infections have been live)

Thedestoyer

Agreed. The dev's must have been working their a$$es off this week to get it ready, verified and downloaded.

Good stuff.

starbuckfrack

Thedestoyer wrote:

Agreed. The dev's must have been working their a$$es off this week to get it ready, verified and downloaded.

Good stuff.

I am sure they have and I appreciate the fact that he now only responded but also fixed it so fast.

What probably happened in a phone call.

Acti "We got hackers galore."

MS "Rush it to us and we will OK it. Its better than us banning everyone " (including the person on the phone saying the word 'smiley face')

CODNoob12

That wasnt a stomache virus you got. It was the worry that you might no be able to play anymore . Just like the one I got two weeks before me and my wife got married and stayed with me. After the flight home I was feeling a whole lot better

3 years later though I feel worse

CODNoob12

CODNoob12

That wasnt a stomache virus you got. It was the worry that you might no be able to play anymore . Just like the one I got two weeks before me and my wife got married and stayed with me. After the flight home I was feeling a whole lot better

3 years later though I feel worse

Hahaha, I'm married as well. I feel like it's a gift almost when I get to even play this friggin game.

CODNoob12

I'm slightly under the weather with some kind of stomach thing that popped up last night. Didn't think I'd be playing this weekend and didn't care. Now thanks to GHANDI, I am going to drink this water and take some Tylenol so I can get after it tonight!

Cheers for the advice GHANDI, and everyone else...

@Rwarner, Go buy a Nintendo mate, you are not wanted on XBL...