19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 11:53 PM by esmorgue RSS

Are you sure there isn't Sniper Frog in the game?

anoreo

Every time I get in a gun fight with somebody, my RoF decreases drastically. I've noticed this with the ACR. This really aggravates me because I am pretty sure sprfrg or whatever is fake, but shenanigans like this make me believe it is true. If I start shooting at the guy shooting at me but miss, it's fine but as soon as my crosshairs get close to the guy it's like firing an m60 just chug chug chug chug chug.

What's going on here?

• Re: Are you sure there isn't Sniper Frog in the game?
    vileself

Not quite sure what you're talkin about here but I must say I hate the ACR. For some reason that gun seems to beat me at close range when I have an SMG and it seems to beat me at long range when I have a sniper rifle. The ACR just seems to kill me in ways that seem impossible. I dont notice this with other guns.

esmorgue

anoreo wrote:

Every time I get in a gun fight with somebody, my RoF decreases drastically. I've noticed this with the ACR. This really aggravates me because I am pretty sure sprfrg or whatever is fake, but shenanigans like this make me believe it is true. If I start shooting at the guy shooting at me but miss, it's fine but as soon as my crosshairs get close to the guy it's like firing an m60 just chug chug chug chug chug.

What's going on here?

I also experience this with the ACR. bop..bop...bop..bop. Its almost like the killcam kill when it slows down.

I never noticed that with the ACR, unless I hipfire.Then it feels like whatever weapon I'm using has a lower RoF.

trialstardragon

I never have that problem with any of the guns. Mine continue to fire at the same rate. I think it may be your connection or the game is beginining to lag more becaue of too much information on the screen. Perhaps your box is becoming old and the processor is wearing out so slows down when too much is going on at once on screen.

zArtfulDgr

Yes, I've noticed this with the MP7.  Normal rate of fire, unless I hit someone OR if they are firing back.  Then the fire rate really drops.  Really noticable.  I really love it when this happens and I die between one of my MP7 bullets and the next without ever showing I was taking damage.

Just one more wierdness of MW3 that I doubt they will ever fix.  They can't even get a music sound volume (or toggle) in the game and people have been asking for that from day 1.   These wierd ones they will just ignore I'm afraid.

It happens to me with every gun i notice it alot more if some one leaves the game so i think its connection based

ghamorra

I'm not a conspirator or anything but I wouldn't put it past the Devs to do something like this seeing how n00bs dominate this game. Why not throw in a little advanced AI to help them out as well

esmorgue

ghamorra wrote:

I'm not a conspirator or anything but I wouldn't put it past the Devs to do something like this seeing how n00bs dominate this game. Why not throw in a little advanced AI to help them out as well

I have noticed as a 10th now that when I went against a 8 man team that were all unprestiged that they took a crap load of bullets to kill. Well i was out of my AC-130 and ended up dying 7 times in a row, to people that were shot first and were given the chance to kill me.

atiredoldguy

I've believed for some time that there is something of that sort at play.

Weapons always seem to change in effectiveness after they've been used for a while. And its funny you bring it up today because I just hit 1000 kills with the pecheneg.   I had 998 when the match started , and the first 2 kills worked fine, just like they had been. But after that with no host migration or anything, I just couldnt kill anyone. I even had a guy walk by me, I unloaded into his back more than enough to kill him. He ran ou the door, and expecting him to come back in, I just kept firing away. He ran back in right through the hail of bullets, as I followed him across the room until he ran up to me and killed me.

For the next several matches this went on until I switched classes. Then things started going much better.

There are a lot of times I chalk stuff like that up to lag,( or luck )  but it just seems to be more to it than that at other times.

If you think about it though,  it wouldnt be all that difficult. All they'd have to do is throw in another math equation into the coding. All the necessary info is alreay there ............ impact/recoil/fire rate/accuracy etc, and is already manipulated by other variables.

The "why" however, I dont agree with. I think if they did have such a thing ...... it would keep the game from getting too repetitious and boring for those who insist on sticking with certain weapons. I think the devs do an excellent job at keeping everyone hooked in so many ways that something such as sniperfrog doesnt seem very far fetched.

adw1983

A gun's rate of fire is affected by YOUR framerate, which is just one reason you don't want to host, and a good reason to consider a lower resolution on your 360, and especially the PS3.

In the PS3 multiplayer, rates of fire is ALWAYS lower (and much lower for some weapons) than what they are programmed to fire at due to the lower framrate.

I am reluctant to reduce my resolution, because I play FULL-HD games in addition to the sub-HD games like MW3 and Battlefield 3 which runs at 600p or below.

600p:

1024x600 / 614 400 pixels

Compared to the HD-ready-TV favorite resolution from 2005:

720p:

1280x720 / 921 600 pixels

compared to full HD:

1080p
    1920x1080 / 2 073 600 pixels

Obviously, rendering at 1080p, rendering over thrice the number of pixels the game runs at, is a waste.

I will run at 720p in an hour to see if I can see a difference in performance.

The TV's processing of the picture will be shortened down quite a bit too, perhaps as much as 10 milliseconds.

PS3 users should definately reduce the resolution too (if possible) to see if there's a difference in performance.

adw1983

Starting to wonder if the LAG simply is processing delays on our consoles :S
      I played 5 rounds, and did flawless in every round (always got my reaper or attack helicopter on my first or second life, except on small maps with SMG-users)

I will try to play again tonight, for a couple of hours, at 720p -- and THEN switch back to 1080p to see how that feels after playing 720p.

First (placebo?) impressions:
      -Longer view distance
      -It FEELS as though there is much shorter response times; Weapons do not fire irregularily

-Movement and shooting FEELS crisper
      -Reaper drone feels extremely responsive and it is easier to see enemies on the ground.

adw1983

******* hell.
        I just started playing, and I asked myself:
        What the heck is wrong?
        I don't get hitmarkers and people seem to be way ahead of me!

So I rage-quit for the SECOND TIME IN MY ENTIRE TIME PLAYING MW3, after being in the 5th place in free for all for 5 minutes, struggling to kill level 43 no-prestiges with 0.6 KDs.
        I raged after getting shot in the back, after shooting 15 shots into the back of a sniper who ALWAYS managed to get around the corners EVEN THOUGH I CLEARLY shot him TWICE before he rounded EACH of three corners with my Mk14, firing 3 rapid shots at him with my rapid-fire Mk14.

Host migration.

What.
        The.

F...!

My FIRST truly completely absurdly unplayable game, the SECOND TIME I RAGE QUIT --
        I am host again.
        The first time I rage quit, a month ago, I was host.
        The second time I rage quit, today, I was host.

If I host an average of 2% of the games with my nerfed 6MB/s download and 0,8 MB/s, the odds of me rage-quitting while hosting TWICE when I've only ever rage quit twice in over 2000 matches, is astronomical.

Hosting does definately screw some players over.
        Or there IS sniper frog.
        That would explain why I NEVER get off my predator without the enemy team spawning on top of me and killing me before I get the reaper and free AC130 well 15 times in the past 24 hours,

I'm so full of rage right now.
        Enemies whom I shoot first on my screen, enemies whom would be dead in counter-strike which doesn't screw over those with low ping in favor of those who would get kicked from my counter-strike server for having over 90 ping...

*RAAAGE*

Sorry.

I'll go back and NOT host now.

c4rl

I have noticed drops in ROF once in a blue moon. How old is your router?