15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 5:25 PM by GlowingWalrus RSS

Death Streaks

Why? Just why do we have them? Many kill streaks of mine have been ended by Dead Man's Hand...

• Re: Death Streaks
    chowpup

Idk, BO was a huge succes in that way.

same here man. i ask the same question every time i die to DMH. hence why i cant wait for BLOPS 2

CowboySr

Please use the search function, my goodness.

I never really got into Black Ops because it didn't have quick scoping, plus my Xbox live expired so I never really played it, and I wasn't interested enough to research a game I never played, and if Black Ops 2 is like it, a game I most likely never will play.

But can anyone give me one reason in which they help? (I doubt it)

CowboySr

The reason for putting deathstreaks in the game is to keep people from rage quitting when theyre doing poorly. Its at about the point of 3-4 deaths without getting a kill that people back out, or rage dashboard. When people dashboard, it ruins it for everyone. If they just leave, then you could argue that teams become unbalanced, ruining the flow of the game.

Im not saying I like them in the game, but they do keep people around that are doing poorly and in theory keep the game going without interruption.

You can find other points in the 2000 threads already posted on this matter.

They shouldn't reward a player for doing poorly. And if they wanted a bad player to feel better about himself, then give him a non-lethal death streak. Good players shouldn't be punished because another player is bad.

deucedouglas

What more could you expect from Inferior Ward?

I bet the next death streak will be bullets that follow people around corners... oh wait, that already happens!

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Remove DMH and replace it with Artillery Bombardment. You go into DMH stance and press the homing signal and the area will be bombarded with artillery shells. XD

IW will announce that they removed DMH in MW4 but what they won't tell you is that they replaced it with something even deadlier. lol 

iil4zyii

Why you ask? Because they must cater to "newer players"

I Never understood the reasoning behind that. Appereantly activision thinks that if they make it easy for a player that they'll stick around once they spend money on their product. While that may be true, the oppisite can be said that by making it to easy for newer players in adding these ridicolous perks, killstreaks, deathstreaks, gun combos, etc. that they anger the veteran player enough to the point where he says hes had enough and moves onward towards other games.

Maybe Activisions sales team should stop trying to cater to "newer players" and focus on making the best game they can. Its quiet simple actually if your game is good, word will spread and more people will buy it and play it because it fun and amazing.

Not only may they have hurt future sales at this point by doing this but they have also tarnished their own name and 3 other developing companies names. The 2 main ones being Infinity Ward and Sledge Hammer Games, the lesser one being Raven Software.

MW3 could have being an amazing game but they fell way short of the goal line. As a long returning customer since CoD2 i see this game as a slap to the face to any consumer and fan that spent their money on it. This is to far to be a practical joke. The game is down right horrible in way to many aspects to even type down. Now dont get me wrong they did put effort and hard work in, but that doesnt cut the cake and i commend them for their efforts but the game is JOKE.

I Hope as a company activision learns to stay away from pushing these Noob friendly ideas out of developers games and just lets the developer do what is right for their game. Granted activision funds them and their word has major pull because of "The almighty $" but they should be able to read in between the lines and know when something is not to be messed with.

Anxiously awaiting Black Ops 2 for this reason. Because from a long returning fan stand point i can see that at certain points Treyarch put their foot down and said "No, we are not having that in a game. We saw what you did to MW2 and that had a blowback. Now youve done that with MW3 again and the community is in outrage/distrust. You will NOT do it a third time!"

Heres to what i hope is the best CoD to date in Black ops 2 by taking all the good from black ops 1 and any good that MW3 did offer(not much, but we'll take it) and getting the best product we've seen in a long time coming