13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2012 9:24 AM by Vemzer RSS

Is MW3 boring?

monkeylord

Quite a few people say that MW3 is boring that MW3 is not worth their hard eardned time I merely say dude you're doing it wrong

The key to a great time on MW3 is play K/C and set yourself up some classes you know you stand a fighting chance with but aren't the slaughter kits and stick to the self imposed rule that if there is more than one tag no matter the situation you will do your best to get them.

It makes sniping a lot more fun and you soon learn the spots you just seem to vanish even though you're in the middle of the road.

• Re: Is MW3 boring?

Its not boring by any means. How could it be? Every match you have to dodge nuke sized c4'sfrom DMH. All the corner @ssholes. Its def frustrating though.

dastealth

I am getting a little bored with MW3 mostly because I am starting to get extremely frustrated. Most games I play I must kill an enemy before they shoot at me. I don't even see the red circle to mark where I am getting shot from most of the time. Suprisingly I still play considerably well so I would really like to see what I could play like if I didn't have that crap going on all the time...

PLUS - the ELITE playlist is kinda a dead section in AUS so I barely ever get to play on the new maps.... FAIL...

If this game ran correctly I would probably be up there with my Black Ops k/d (3.17). Right now I'm at a 2.43 in MW3. The only reason I'm even that high is because the game was completely unplayable for me for the first couple of months so I avoided it. Then the game ran pretty well for me for a while and I was actually enjoying the game. Then patch 1.08 came out and it's been a rough road ever since. I was going up and up then it turned into up and down...sometimes even stretches of down. It's infuriating when you know you are better than what the game will allow you to be. The connection can get so bad that i'll have a match under my ratio against teams full of negatives. Just because enemies will soak up bullets and I will get instakilled all match long. My knife will also fail 9/10 times when I clearly knifed the enemy perfectly. It's cool though cuz he will just knife air and kill me.

ghamorra

Patch 1.08 was where all the problems started for me too. Up until then I had a 3 something K/D and was getting MOABs daily (I only played a few days a week)

I think it was a Friday that patch was launched. The day before when I got home from class I got back-to-back MOABs and went on a 18 killstreak the next match. I honestly thought I was God

After that patch dropped it all went straight to Hell. The worst part is now that I look back I remember what was and compare it to what I have to put up with now. Instead of having 5 good matches before I run into an unplayable one, I get put in 5 unplayable matches before I find a somewhat slightly playable one. It's depressing

Bettis123

Yea, this game really gets on my nerves.. especially if you die to the worst bull crap in the world.. like heat seaking throwing knives and 10 foot lunge knife's. I coulda had a moab or 2 tonight until that crap happened. Gotta love lag compensation and rewind time.

dastealth

Yea I have to agree that it did make it worse...

What really made it bad was when our internet got upgraded... (sigh)

On a side note - I was playing All or Nothing yesterday and twice I knifed the same person and instead of killing them I transported through them... Explain that

Same here ghamorra. The game got me so frustrated that ot literally almost put me into a real life depressive state. Games should not do that to you at all. I haven't been playing the game at all recently just to protect my overall mental health. I understand it's "just a game" but it happens to be a series I take very seriously and play very competetively. It's more of a competetion/sport to me than it is just a game. So when the game I'm attempting to play seriously plays like an unfunny joke, it becomes stressful, depressing, and downright annoying to even bother with. As for dastealth, knifing enemies and it doesn't kill them or you teleport through them etc. has been a huge problem for me for a long time. Due to lag compensation, I probably only actually kill 1 out of 5 people I knife.

esmorgue

Boring, frustrating, Inferior to the MW series in general. Lackluster development team showed they are even worthy of the series name.

Izjar11

It has its moments, and then it has its repetitive feeling as well, I guess it depends. I stopped playing for a weekend to get the groove back.

I don't know what it is this year but its just not keeping me hooked liked the previous titles. to be fair i was kinda loosing the addictiveness since blackops came out, maybe its down to repetivness or just crap maps. I couldnt stay off world at war and mw2. Imo i think mw3 hasn't made that much of a leap from mw2 and the maps just dont stand out for me, there used to be a great mix of run and gun maps aswell as sniper maps but since black ops they've cut the amount of sniper maps to around 1 or 2 maps. I just want the feeling i got from mw1 to come back to the series but I'd never vacate to bf or anything else cos there crap.

monkeylord

Yeah I can see the point people make with the flaws but I can honestly say although I can find it frustrating at times there's always ways to keep it fresh whether it's switching up the weapons you use, gamemode you play.

My personal method is if there's more than 1 tag in sight no matter how many enemy are in the way you try your best to grab them, i've done some right dumbass things like charge past a jugger and osprey to nab just 2 tags although the best I survived was nabbing 3 or 4 tags while 2 back to back enemy stealth bombers was dropped over dome.

Also using a sniper up close and hard scoping and going for tags blows away the cobwebs

frustrating at times, but defo not boring!