1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 67 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 3:54 PM by SysEng123 Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

nintendo_gamer83 wrote:

cod made a game that didnt come out for ps3 and the 360 . cod mwr .... or if it did and i didnt play it ...

Wow. Just... wow.

• 31. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

Oh but wait, it says "Reflex" on it. So it automaticly makes it its own uniqe game.

• 32. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

well thats stupid to call it mwr if its cod4 ... i just play schooter games on the wii the only one iv played on ps3 was cod mw2 and i guess im smoking some good **** ....  even if cod does not come out for the wii u wich im sure it will im sure activision has to see how its doin ... i wanna play zelda on the wii u and assassin's creed 3 .... i wanna see if nintendo is gunna stop hackers from cheatin online like the do on black opps and mw3 ...

• 33. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

Ok, if you read the stuff posted, and have half a brain, you'll realize that, GUESS WHAT- EVERYTHING SAID IS WRONG!!!

"the wiiu proccesser is not as powerfull as ps3" BULL CR@P--it was proven at the E3 to be FOUR TIMES AS POWERFULL. I call that wrong. "The ipad's Retna Display renders it obsolete" Bullcr@p!!! That's like the argument in 2000 that PC's will make game consols obsolete. It's just not true! The core gamers are going to want a consol, not an ipad that costs $800 and is crap with hardcore gaming. "Wii U will have only a year to be in the head of the market before the ps4 (orvis) and the xbox durango come out." True, but sony NEVER releases ANYTHING on time, and where the crap is he getting the names? DURANGO??? That's a truck! Not a game system! I could see Orvis, but not as a stand alone name, when they have a long standing and well-repituared brand name of Play Station. "Activision won't suppport it and Konomi isn't supporting it either." BULL CR@P.

Where do these NARBS keep getting this cr@p???

• 34. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

Durango and Orbis ae code names. Not the final product. And you won't hear a peep about Durango at E3 this year. Maybe Orbis, but that won't be out for a while. Expect Wii U dominance, if it has the right specs, for at least 2 years.

• 35. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

My guess is Nintendo will live or die by the Wii U.  If Wii U sales do even marginally better than expected, all will be fine.  However, if the console is plauged by problems, or does not do what it is intended to do (and that's attract SOME of the "hardcore" gaming audience), it will fail.  Let's face it guys, the Wii did very well because it appealed to the NON GAMER (grandma's and grandpa's who played Nintendo sports!).  Like everything in business, ROI is where it's at. You can get all passionate about this and rant...or you can realize that this is a business.  If the gamemakers can't make a buck because of a limited market share, it doesn't freaking matter how powerful the console is!!

Hopefully, Nintendo can save themselves before they self destruct.  I certainly hope so. I really hope Ubisoft (who seems to have the inside track on the Wii U) will blow the gaming market away.

My guess is Nintendo will ultimately release the Wii U for around 300 to 400 USD.  They are smoking some serious sh&t if they think 600 bucks is a good price point.   I think that the final cost will be determined by the tablet controller and how $$$$ it is to manufacture.  Nintendo is betting their future on the tablet controller, not the GPU/processor/RAM or system bus. 

• 36. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

If the mario kart sux for the wii u, i will ragequit on nintendo.

• 37. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

Question is, how could Durango & Orbis be better than the Wii U when we are literally reaching the roof?

Unless they come out with something like "holographics", i dont see how they could change the gaming industry for better...

• 38. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(

I agree with Arab on this one. Let's face it folks, the hardware for the consoles has reached it's viable ceiling.  Building more powerful console's will not attract market share.  The xbox/ps3 community is pretty much set.  I don't see much crossover as it's like a religious war (PC/MAC). 

I don't think the xbox or ps3 is even a threat to the Wii.  Never has been.  In an interview with Time magazine, Nintendo's North American President said and I quote:

“The consumer buying Wii hardware today is going to be a different consumer than the one who will be buying Wii U in the future. This is the first holiday that the Wii is available at $149.99 or below, so its an expanded demographic we’re reaching. These are consumers who have heard about Wii for the past couple years, but at $199 or $249 it was economically out of their reach,” he said.

“We haven’t announced pricing for Wii U, but you can definitely expect that pricing is going to be different and that the games are going to be different. We do believe that Wii and Wii U will coexist for some time. As we drive the install base of Wii, we’re really setting people up to take their gaming library and be able to transfer it over to Wii U.”

In other words, they are hoping the Wii is the "gateway drug" for the Wii U.

• 39. Re: No CoD series for Wii U =(
    porkins:d

The only advancement to be made in video games, that I see, would be a real life simulation. Like not on a TV screen, and not sitting on a chair. The ps4 and Xbox 720 won't be that.

Also I see the ps4 and Xbox 720 being drop dead expensive..