6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 7, 2012 3:24 PM by Hootymadman RSS

Should I bother getting MW3 for the PC?

I've currently got it for the 360 while I'm waiting for my new desktop to come in. I'll be able to run it on max settings and all that jazz, but I'm pretty positive PC gets shafted when it comes to IW games or perhaps just CoD in general. Hackers, lack of things such as Elite and other promised features, lack of general support, etc.
Should I even bother spending the $60?

• Re: Should I bother getting MW3 for the PC?
    vims1990

Oh god no.

I'm sure the PC community will agree with me but I would not buy a PC copy of MW3.

No ELITE, Hackers with Aimbots & lack of developer support.

Be mindful that AlterIWnet does not exist after Activision closed them down so they can't mod MW3 for good.

Last COD PC game I purchased was MW2 and never purchased a PC ported by a COD developer after that.

Save your money for something else. I would suggest BF3 (60 FPS, glorious graphics & better dedicated PC support) on your new PC

Hope this helps you.

Save yourself the money and don't bother!! The game is seriously not even worth it for $20 on the PC, let alone #60. Don't let Lack-O-Vision rip you off.

Their crappy Lagnet service might work on Suckbox, but on PC it's completely unplayable due to lag or hackers a good 75-80% of the time.

People who stick to nothing but core TDM have better luck finding matches without unplayable lag, but if you enjoy any objective modes, or any hardcore modes you'll be stuck playing with 200-300+ ping pretty much all the time. (If you've played PC shooters before you know that anything over 100 is noticeable lag)

The game does have unranked dedicated servers, but they really show how Lack-O-Vision has gone out of their way to intentionally say F you to the PC community.

They are off by default, and creating a class for them was intentionally hidden in the private match lobby. They also go to extreme lengths to try to keep the information from being readily available. Their forum moderator flat out refuses to take 5 minutes to either sticky or type up a quick informational thread to let people know how to use them. It's because Lack-O-Vision flat out does not want people using them.

So much hate!!

I'm 30 hours in and have seen 2 aimbotters so far and i play everything except ground war and i'm enjoying the hell out of it, (so far atleast) lag for me is almost non-existent... and there is good dedis out there with different game modes which just adds to the fun.

Yes the pc support is utter crap and devs doesn't give a damn about us pc users but the game is still awesome. But if you already have it on xbox and is comfortable with FPS games on consoles I don't know if i would buy it for pc too since mw3 support is best on the 360. It's up to you

a.d.p.alien

Only if some one is paying you to play.

Spow wrote:

So much hate!!

I'm 30 hours in and have seen 2 aimbotters so far and i play everything except ground war and i'm enjoying the hell out of it, (so far atleast) lag for me is almost non-existent... and there is good dedis out there with different game modes which just adds to the fun.

Yes the pc support is utter crap and devs doesn't give a damn about us pc users but the game is still awesome. But if you already have it on xbox and is comfortable with FPS games on consoles I don't know if i would buy it for pc too since mw3 support is best on the 360. It's up to you

Not hate, truth.

You say you're 30 hours in, have only seen 2 aim-botters, non-existent lag, and you claim to have played every mode but ground war. Sorry but that's bs, I say you're a liar.

I had 120+ hours of putting up with unplayable lag and ridiculously obvious cheaters on their crappy lagnet service, and I was ready to uninstall the game entirely until I thankfully found a good dedicated server that's populated almost every night.

Now I have 350+ hours and counting, all thanks to the unranked dedi's. If this game didn't at least have the broken joke of unranked dedicated servers that it does, It would be completely 100% unplayable and I would be harassing the company non-stop until I got a refund.

Not only is lagnet completely unplayable due to lag, but it's so open and hacker friendly that you can even get a virus from joining a hacked lobby. Something that never happens (and I'm pretty sure is nearly impossible) with proper ranked dedicated servers.

Seriously if you already have this game for a console, you WILL regret buying it for PC also.

Yep we have a clan server, but need to go on lobby lag to rank, which is crappy at the best of times ... you can get a few rounds in before an hacker will join the game then it's leave time or type comments during the game to try to get them to leave?

I cannot see how some one has played on this game and only come across 2 hackers, we played about 15 kill confirms to night and played against at least 3 aim botters and the odd wall hack. with about 10 players moaning at them each game unitil they left...