26 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2012 2:21 AM by CrapDuster RSS

PC users forgotten again.. -.-

mctonale

Why am I surprised?

I have been looking for information about the expected DLC pack.. so.. steam says "there is no downloadable content for this game", google search says it will be released in March .. it's April -.-, so came to callofduty.com, nice a calender.. console only -.-

I have spent a lot of money on these products (on pc and having to pay again for xbox - for my son) over the years and if this is the way we are going to be treated:

cod: good but mohaa was better

cod2: console only.. wtf??

cod3: Don't remember any major issues.

cod4 (mw1): excelent no major problems at all. I got game of the year edition, so DLC included.

cod5 (w@w): a bit laggy nice graphics. "clunky" trearch gameplay. Free DLC

mw2: Steam version is broken (no support found) but I'm happy to play on alterIWnet. Launch fail, DLC paid.

cod6 (blops): more Treyarch "clunkyness" and lag. got dlc (paid) for xbox only, I lost interest before it was even released.

mw3: we are now getting treated like we don't exist. No DLC news, comunity playlists not updated and wtf guys you were the ones moaning about dedicated servers and they are all but abandoned.

Elite.. lucky I didn't sign up while using beta or I'd be paying extra and have to play with a controller -.-

^ thats got to be over £400 :S + the equipment to play it on. + being ripped off for next DLC if it is ever made avaliable.

...I am not really interested in the next clunky treyarch mess and cod9 (mw4!?) will be more of the same so I'm out.

rant over.

• Re: PC users forgotten again.. -.-

What do you expect? the pc community has multiple sites selling cheats for this game, tools that allow cheaters to take control over ranked servers, modify it, crash it, It's kind of embarrassing for the company, don't you agree?

I think it's normal that they're keeping PC platform in the background because the game is currently hacked by the pc community.

I'm certainly not waiting on a tweet **Exclusive for PC gamers!!! New Gametype!!** I would much rather see ** New Anti-Cheat for PC Gamers!!** Tired of having a cheat released the same day our game is? So are we! That's why we have developed our new anti-cheat system [AC/MW]. Those days are over!**

And if that's not possible I suggest they continue doing what they are doing (keeping a low profile for pc). You can't promote the pc version of this game with all it's hacking issues without looking like a moron is how i see it.

I'm sure we'll be getting map packs because that's been made for the other 2 platforms, when? idk i'm not that interested because of all the cheating/hacking issues at hand.

Unless they give us the map packs for free (fat chance) they won't do anything but split the community, make matchmaking worse, make the lag worse, and generally screw up the game even more.

If they had half a brain they'd give them to the PC platform for free, because they'd likely end up with more profits from sales due to free DLC, then they would from the few PC users who would buy them.

But this is Lack-O-Vision we're talking about, they literally decided to slash their own profits by a HUGE margin by intentionally screwing over the PC community so badly. Stupidity at it's finest.

By intentionally screwing over the PC community they are killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

I agree, I think  people would purchase the game for pc if an announcement was made that all map packs for mw3 pc will be free. But like you said, that will never happen.

They sold us a game where the multiplayer experience on iw.net's ranked servers can be modded to anyones liking by paying monthly for a hack. You'd think the least they could do is give us free map packs. It's not like they never have.

I'm not buying any map packs. I bought the game and there isn't enough of a solid community to warrant buying more maps, Am I going to miss out on a great cash & prize PC tournament exclusive for the new maps? Theres no such thing.

Like you said all it does is split the community worse than it already is. (UnRanked servers exit stage left and you might find someone to play with, Ranked servers head through that hole in the ground where all the noise is coming from *good luck*) Now let's also filter through different map packs dividing 40,000 people into smaller groups instead of giving us free maps  and possibly bringing in more sales to the original game purchase. Wonderful!

Everyone chant and pound your fists on your desktop!

Map

Packs

Free!

Map

Packs

Free!

While I agree that the map packs should be given to us, I would rather see Lack-O-Vision knuckle-down and fix this craptastic console port they forced on us when we paid $60+. All the promises made to us PC Gamers just to get us to buy the game... all lies. What's their implimentation for banning cheaters?? One person, BanCandy... I have yet to see anyone I reported banned so I just gave up reporting. I just leave the game, wait 30 seconds and try and find another lobby... hoping that the new lobby doesn't have a hacker in it.

It's sad really. I've been a PC Gamer since 1994, primarily FPS's. I've seen companies do really well and I've seen companies Epic "Belly-Flop" FAIL. This crap is by far the biggest FAIL!

Personally, I take MW3 as an insult. It's insulting that this is what they handed us. They took our money after promising things they NEVER planned to deliver on, they pulled any support for PC, they give no word on what is being done to correct issues or inform us of any DLC's and their solution to cheating is one person (who I have not seen do a god damned thing for us). If this is the future of PC gaming, looks like I'll be playing a lot of Solitaire and Minesweeper.

The PC game player has an history of getting patches free, which content maps and fix's together, this game and how we the gamers have to play online via lag lobby system is very poor, as far as I can see there are just over 2000 dedicated servers online x 18 possible players which stand empty that's 36000 slots give or take 1000 or so.  I keep stating if we had ranked dedi servers manned by admin that would reduce hacking "on the dedi side" and if vac worked as it should then the lobby side would be hacker free"ish".

They may well be moving away from PC gamers because of the hack issue we are all suffering from, but ranked dedi only linked to vac would have sorted this issue out, before it got such an hold.

And as far as new maps are concerned? I would like to play current one's hacker free first so some sort of patch to rid us of hackers would be far better than a few new maps.

poison_pawn

And you're surprised? why?

{bhc}max|co

ok ,i cant talk about other cods (weve temp ran a waw /bo/mw3 servers)

but we do run 3x cod4 servers, 1x 50 slot ranked, 1x 32 slot modded and a 16 slot match/pub promod serve.Heres how we try to provide as cheat free experience as possible.

1) we have about 25 clan members , 15 are server admins , 5 are (super admins) -have ftp and logfile access.

2) we stream to pbbans/ggc/gv anti cheat systems on our servers . server logs and pb screenshots are checked daily ( in case no admins were active or to pick out any cheats we missed)

3)any suspected screenshots are submiitted to pbbans and ggc and gv.

4) we also have a core of regular players who help police the server when no admins are on, by reporting any cheaters ,who can then be retro banned by either screenshots or server logs.

5)and because were anti racist and realise families play this game, we have morkeye swear/abuse word filter running 24/7, this auto kicks anyone whos abusive..

I think the measures we take show that clans are able to run ranked/mod dedicated servers of any kind, inc mw2 and mw3 if they were available to us.

So in this respect cod4 is a better gaming experience than mw3 or mw2 , altho iwnet is good for getting a quick match fix, nothing can beat ranked dedi servers for a great gaming experience.. once youve found a decent server to play on, all you do is add it to favs, then you have a "home" to go to.

rant off

CrapDuster

Well i just went & checked out one of your cod4 servers, and of course the best player in the server (highest score by a decent margine from the rest) is one of your members. I immediately spectated him and to me it looks like he is using an aim assist or wallhack to snap from target to target and/or locate enemies behind objects.

Plus with all the cheating going on (you can still purchase a cheat that works for cod4) i don't like servers without killcam because killcam further helps in spotting these cheaters that all these a/c systems & screenshots don't, there are screenshot blockers made for the system your trying to use to catch cheaters. I know hc is played without killcam but under the circumstanes of pc gaming where *anyone can purchase a cheat to play*, I think killcam should be turned on in public admined hc servers as well.

I think you guys should start spectating everyone (members on your team included). as this is the best way to catch a cheater,  I hope your not one of those clans who are just going to jump down my throat & start screaming he's all pro!!! like there is 100% no possiblilty I just witnessed a player on your team using an aim assist hack or wallhack to locate & snap to enemies right before they come out from behind objects.

{bhc}max|co

CrapDuster wrote:

Well i just went & checked out one of your cod4 servers, and of course the best player in the server (highest score by a decent margine from the rest) is one of your members. I immediately spectated him and to me it looks like he is using an aim assist or wallhack to snap from target to target and/or locate enemies behind objects.

Plus with all the cheating going on (you can still purchase a cheat that works for cod4) i don't like servers without killcam because killcam further helps in spotting these cheaters that all these a/c systems & screenshots don't, there are screenshot blockers made for the system your trying to use to catch cheaters. I know hc is played without killcam but under the circumstanes of pc gaming where *anyone can purchase a cheat to play*, I think killcam should be turned on in public admined hc servers as well.

I think you guys should start spectating everyone (members on your team included). as this is the best way to catch a cheater,  I hope your not one of those clans who are just going to jump down my throat & start screaming he's all pro!!! like there is 100% no possiblilty I just witnessed a player on your team using an aim assist hack or wallhack to locate & snap to enemies right before they come out from behind objects.

Well if you suspect anyone of hacking, even clan memebrs , report them to an admin or on our forums, as far as i'm aware all our clan is clean, we go to great lengths to try to keep it this way,  we have previously booted out members we have suspected of hacking, some were very hard to prove..

Of course hacking will always happen , but if caught or suspected ,we ban.

in the case of our mod server,  damage is extremely high, so members have an advantage in that they play the mod maps more than random visitors.. as for killcam , we disabled that 4 years ago, for the reason that it causes more arguments and abuse than without it on.

In last 4 years we have caught over 500 cheaters with pbbans ,this does not include the many hundreds that admins have witnessed and banned, to me ,altho not perfect, is a dang sight better than the currect valve/iwnet crap we put up with on mw3.

poison_pawn

{bhc}max|co wrote:

CrapDuster wrote:

Well if you suspect anyone of hacking, even clan memebrs , report them to an admin or on our forums, as far as i'm aware all our clan is clean, we go to great lengths to try to keep it this way,  we have previously booted out members we have suspected of hacking, some were very hard to prove..

Of course hacking will always happen , but if caught or suspected ,we ban.

in the case of our mod server,  damage is extremely high, so members have an advantage in that they play the mod maps more than random visitors.. as for killcam , we disabled that 4 years ago, for the reason that it causes more arguments and abuse than without it on.

In last 4 years we have caught over 500 cheaters with pbbans ,this does not include the many hundreds that admins have witnessed and banned, to me ,altho not perfect, is a dang sight better than the currect valve/iwnet crap we put up with on mw3.

Max I would play on your server any day   what is the IP?

Crapduster; You are a little man, who needs to learn how to play. (I've tried to politely give you the benifit of a doubt; but I know you need to learn how to play; by all the CRAP you spout)

If you are so convinced that EVERY ONE is hacking, why don't you fire up you own F*CKING server and show us all how its done?

Because I guarantee You will be the loneliest admin. on line.

I can see it now...Oh you killed Me when I THOUGHT I was being so clever:BANNED, BANNED BANNED.

There would be no one to play with but noobs; because you would accuse any one who beat you of hacking, and BAN them...lol

And if you come in to my server spouting that Crap, you will be BANNED

I'm done with you!

The only thing I have left to say to your sorry 455, would get me BANNED from the forums.

wajackbauer

Its hard to get much worse than MW3 on PC...

In all seriousness, Treyarch's next CoD should be pretty good. If it isn't, wait for CoD on next gen consoles before you give up on CoD, (the 2013 CoD basically) I'm sure they'll make a new engine for it.

I too whine and ***** with good reason, not even back in the day when i was a junkey was i ever treated so shitty as i am treated as a custumer of call of duty PC.

Get some anti cheat up and running!

BRING us ELITE for pc!

Ban the Prestige hackers

Release new maps all at the same time.

or

Stop developing on a platform you cant handle n00bs!

lofty311

I too whine and ***** with good reason, not even back in the day when i was a junkey was i ever treated so shitty as i am treated as a custumer of call of duty PC.

Get some anti cheat up and running!

BRING us ELITE for pc!

Ban the Prestige hackers

Release new maps all at the same time.

or

Stop developing on a platform you cant handle n00bs!                                                                                   iagree with you get it to us or i'll never buy another cod game again smoke and mirrors thats all you give us we will still be sitting here in november when new game comes out see how much you get off the pc players then i'v been pc gaming for 25 years and your only in it for the money now

chowpup

Let me explain if for you...

IW DOESNT GIVE A SINGLE **** WHAT THE PC COMMUNITY THINKS.

poison_pawn

mctonale wrote:

Why am I surprised?

I have been looking for information about the expected DLC pack.. so.. steam says "there is no downloadable content for this game", google search says it will be released in March .. it's April -.-, so came to callofduty.com, nice a calender.. console only -.-

I have spent a lot of money on these products (on pc and having to pay again for xbox - for my son) over the years and if this is the way we are going to be treated:

cod: good but mohaa was better

cod2: console only.. wtf??

cod3: Don't remember any major issues.

cod4 (mw1): excelent no major problems at all. I got game of the year edition, so DLC included.

cod5 (w@w): a bit laggy nice graphics. "clunky" trearch gameplay. Free DLC

mw2: Steam version is broken (no support found) but I'm happy to play on alterIWnet. Launch fail, DLC paid.

cod6 (blops): more Treyarch "clunkyness" and lag. got dlc (paid) for xbox only, I lost interest before it was even released.

mw3: we are now getting treated like we don't exist. No DLC news, comunity playlists not updated and wtf guys you were the ones moaning about dedicated servers and they are all but abandoned.

Elite.. lucky I didn't sign up while using beta or I'd be paying extra and have to play with a controller -.-

^ thats got to be over £400 :S + the equipment to play it on. + being ripped off for next DLC if it is ever made avaliable.

...I am not really interested in the next clunky treyarch mess and cod9 (mw4!?) will be more of the same so I'm out.

rant over.

1 COD was the bomb, moh was sh1t.

2 COD2 was not a console game; It was the COD of the century

3 COD3 was a console game.

4 cod4 (modern warfare) was a decent game; but it was also the beginning of the end for COD. COD4 should have been WAW (and every body got the DLC... It was common practice until MW2 which I never bought, or COD3 for that matter)

You sound to me like some one with an identity crisis; you realize this is the PC section, don't you? might have been better placed in the MW3 section

There's no shame in being a ModernWarfare fan. or even a console fan.

But you don't have to lie to kick it.

We aren't forgotten, but we just need more attention. They do care about us though. Proof: https://twitter.com/#!/InfinityWard/status/192702549260906496

Don't wanna click the link? It says "Prepping PC for upcoming DLC release for collection 1. We'll have a release date before the end of the week."

CrapDuster

Selling us 5 maps for $15 for a game that has been infested with cheaters & server modders/hackers since release is caring? Caring is the pc community getting an apology for such a bad few months of gaming due to the extensive hacking and offering us free maps.

It's 10:30 pm and there are only 10k players online, these map packs will only divide this small pc community into nothing.

Really?? And what are YOU smoking?? They don't care about us! All I see from that post is, "FYI... we're getting ready to attempt to leach more money from you fools so assume the crash position (put your head between your legs and kiss your a$$ good-bye)."

The sad irony is that CoD4's success stems largely from the development of a great PC game and porting it to consoles.  They have simply been banking subsequent titles because of this even though they are not innovative or really even different games.  PC games evolve within a single title more from community modding than all of the change that has occurred between the first modern warfare and this current title. 

Activision/Infinity Ward hasn't abandoned PC.  What they have done is far worst.  They've devolved their game development into creating a console game that is ported to PC as a way to force the platform into the market model for paying for content, eliminate pirating, and most importantly restricted modding and community generated content.

I mean look at what they are advertising for the DLC.  "Biggest DLC every!!!"  Yeah, Bethesda releases a developer kit for Skyrim and in 5 months the PC community has created thousands of mods with content that probably dwarfs that of the original game.  Activision knows it can't compete in that market unless it restricts the game in the way that consoles are naturally limited.

If they were smart they would go back to developing the series for PC and then release a dev kit with a disclaimer that all generated content is their property and then sell everything PC community makes to consoles as DLCs.  Everyone is happy!!! 

a.d.p.alien

The P.C. community consists of Hackers and small hand full of legit hacker abused gamers who are still trying to hang in there. I believe its just a game the little kids enjoy hacking.Not many Adults could possibly enjoy hack  and glitch picking them off all night. Boosters are no big deal.

Stormproot

What kind of mind does not get bored with cheating after 1/2 an hour?

Going back quite a few years, I'd used cheats on single player campaign games like Rome Total War - and it's tedious - there's no fun, no challenge. I stopped using the cheats after about 20 minutes - because it was BORING! And now I don't use cheats on any game, and I don;t even consider thinking about perhaps using a cheat.

So I guess they must be either quite young, or just morons.

HACKERS and CHEATERS are basically F U C K W I T S who sh1t on the rest of the gaming community. One day we shall rise up (come the revolution) and they will be first up against the wall (metaphorically speaking of course)

First the hacking problem in MW3 is largely exaggerated and perpetuated by casual players who really only recognize that someone is playing beyond what they perceive as plausible.  The reality is that there are more high level players and people who've played competive FPSs getting called hackers than there are actual hackers. 

Second, the PC community has traditionally policed itself very well.  With the help anti-cheat software it has made it difficult for anyone than a highly motivated individual to cheat and get away with it for an extended amount of time.  That was until MW2 changed that for CoD players. 

Tribes just recently finished beta, is a F2P game, and has better policies and anti-cheat software for dealing with hackers.  Why?  Because it is a PC based shooter.  Similar can be said about CS:GO.  These games traditionally have been and will continue not to be plagued by hackers who have nothing to fear. 

CrapDuster

Hackuseme wrote:

First the hacking problem in MW3 is largely exaggerated and perpetuated by casual players who really only recognize that someone is playing beyond what they perceive as plausible.  The reality is that there are more high level players and people who've played competive FPSs getting called hackers than there are actual hackers. 

"To many noobs are calling legitimate players cheaters"<- Ya right, Your another guy trying to say that one of the large problems of mw3 is the noob community mistaking pro players as cheaters? lol, lmao, rofl. (ok sure)

Anyway, the real problem is that there are to many cheaters trying to shove down everyones throat that they are legit skilled players when they use a cheat to spin them (snap them) right where your standing. These people are clowns & don't take no for an answer, (like it's truly immpossible to recognize the cheat they use) these losers are annoying as they talk about/pretend they are highly skilled gamers.

Maybe your just another one of them comming here to get your frustrations out because you can't use your cheat without being noticed that your cheating,? Maybe that's your true underlying problem that brings you here moaning about how pc cheating is being over exaggerated? (exaggerated my ass) (better players always being called out and mistaken as a cheater my ass as well) (not everyone is wrong) Your being dumb/nieve and Your story is weak. Maybe you should start listening to your peers as they probably have it right. or let me guess,,,now your going to tell me that it's you who is constantly being mistaken as the cheater?

Ok so let it be known Hackscuse me is a pro not a cheater! Are you happy now?

pffff, how sad is it that anyone/you has to come here and discuss about how so many players in this hackfest community are suffering from "being called a cheater". Yep this is the main problem of the game not that there are 1000's of cheaters running around pretending they are skilled players. Your funny!