18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2012 2:14 PM by The_Coroner RSS

Why are you a loser for playing cod after age 20???? lol

danielbondnz

Ok so im 27, I work full time in a high paying manager position, have a really nice modern apartment, great friends and share my bed with another on a regular basis (if you get what I mean) but if a friend of a friend joins a xbox live party and asks me how old I am they say some thing like ''someones got no life'' or ''you play cod when your that old''

And the thing that gets me is I have far less gaming time than most of these pre pubescent clowns.

So I dont get why ''you have no life if you play cod after 20'' lol

I mean I take it with a grain of salt, they are probaly poorly dragged up fat kids, that I will end up being their boss in 8 years time....but it gets me thinking.

I really didnt know that your 20s are code for ''you must not do fun things or you have no life'' lol

Are 20 some things the new 40 some things????

• Re: Why are you a loser for playing cod after age 20???? lol

Playing after 20 years old doesn't make you a no life

Playing 6+hours a day, that's what makes someone a no life.

WKMMS

Hell... I'm 33 years old and have been playing videogames since I was 5.. no intention of stopping anytime soon either.  Besides we're both old enough and wise enough to know that kids (anyone under 20) are dumb and haven't got a clue about "life" anyhow so no point in listening to their opinions

Hahaha!

I belong to a clan where the members are 30 years old and older! 176 members!

Some of them are over 50.

There's alot of  'older' gamers out there.

THEDentisT

The thing that makes no sense to me is why are us older players considered too old to play? LOL if anything WE are the ones who should be playing, when i was 18 years old best believe i was out partying living life, being a teenager, n when i was younger id be playing sports, hanging out with friends. etc...

If anytthing video games r more appropriate for older players, Wife watches TV, I play vids beside her. Not allowed to go out to the bars every night anymore, no more partying all the time, so i play video games. Seems to make more sense to me for adults to be playing then teenagers or kids...

To you kids who think vids are for younger people, GET OUT AND HAVE A CHILDHOOD, ENJOY LIFE, dont be sitting playing vids all day. There will be plenty of time for that when you are older.

I'm 29, been playing video games starting with the Coleco Vision.  No one is going to tell me I can't play a game.  Anyone who says I have no life for playing will be instantly muted/ignored as they are just trolling.  The kids aren't bright enough to think for a second that older people CREATED the game they are playing.

As for people who play 6 hours a day not having a "life", you sound almost as bad as the kids bashing someone for playing at a certain age.  What a person does with their free time is their business, it means nothing.  Don't be as ignorant as the kids.  Stop and think for a second that it's possible an adult has more free time than you to play the game.  If a person chooses to play a video game, instead of watch TV, how is one better than the other?  If I watch TV for 4 hours a day, play COD for 2, suddenly, I have a life?

It is not any better.  It shows a serious imbalance in the persons life. 

Yes, it is their time to waste, but it seems stupid to be throwing their life away.

And the "what a person does in their free time is none of your business" statement is so flawed it isn't even funny.   By that logic, drug addicts, rapists and murderers are all ok because its what they do in their free time.

Oh and when I said 6+hours a day, I meant every single day. Not once in a blue moon.  Tell me how it is possible for an adult to have that much time to play (people on welfare don't count)

nickzombie wrote:

It is not any better.  It shows a serious imbalance in the persons life. 

Yes, it is their time to waste, but it seems stupid to be throwing their life away.

And the "what a person does in their free time is none of your business" statement is so flawed it isn't even funny.   By that logic, drug addicts, rapists and murderers are all ok because its what they do in their free time.

Oh and when I said 6+hours a day, I meant every single day. Not once in a blue moon.  Tell me how it is possible for an adult to have that much time to play (people on welfare don't count)

Seriously?  First off, it is YOUR opinion that it is "throwing their life away", not fact.  Second, the statement "what a person does in their free time is none of your business" OBVIOUSLY does not include crime.  But common sense I suppose isn't so common anymore.  I just assumed everyone had enough logic to understand the statement included hobbies and what not that were LEGAL. 

As for how it's possible to have that much time to play, not everyone has to work a 9 to 5 job in this world.  Ever think of a self employed person who works from home?  Ever think of a person who is retired?  Ever think of someone who is simply well enough off that they do not have to work?

The point is, assuming anything about someone because of what they choose with their free time (LEGAL ACTIVITIES), is ignorant.  You do not know every detail about the persons life, you do not know what they do other than that, you do not know ANYTHING.

maccabi

nickzombie wrote:

i play about 6-8 hrs of video games a day and have a job, its called time management and the ability to delegate most of my work to conscripted minions #truefact

maccabi wrote:

nickzombie wrote:

i play about 6-8 hrs of video games a day and have a job, its called time management and the ability to delegate most of my work to conscripted minions #truefact

Do those minions happen to be Indian?

nickzombie wrote:

maccabi wrote:

nickzombie wrote:

Do those minions happen to be Indian?

No they are the French and Canadians....Nasty sort of people.

Anyone that thinks that someone is a loser for using a form of entertainment for ENTERTAINMENT has already LOST.

JGDC74

I'm 37, and don't give a **** about what stupid little kids think.

Been gaming most of my life and am not about to stop!

wikked75

to be honest, i didn't start gaming until i was 28-30. i played games before then, but from the time i was in high school, i didn't have time to do anything but school and party (socialize, you know, like, in person). once in college, it was party, then study. for a kid these days to call you a loser...  all i know is when i was younger, if a friend of mine spent all of his time in front of a console or computer... i called them the loser. now, i work, take care of the family, and spend some of my quiet time in front of the tv taking out my extra aggression on strangers. i also go out in the garage and work on cars. or down in the basement and build cabinets... but hey, to each their own. there are a lot of extra hours in the day. but go ahead, call me a loser for playing a game.

maccabi

every study done on "gamers" has shown the average age is mid 30's, the highest demographic age wise of gamers is mid 20's to early 40's