21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2012 9:19 AM by USDT RSS

FFS SORT THE LAG COMP OUT AND STOP MATCHMAKING ME WITH ALL EUROPEANS IM FROM UK!

ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so frustrating!!!!!!!!!111

• Re: FFS SORT THE LAG COMP OUT AND STOP MATCHMAKING ME WITH ALL EUROPEANS IM FROM UK!

I hear ya bro I hear ya. I wonder how long it will take some noob to post something along the lines of "its just your game play, your just bad at the game, just try and get better and you wont have these problems".... idiots like that need a taste of what were experiencing!

• Re: FFS SORT THE LAG COMP OUT AND STOP MATCHMAKING ME WITH ALL EUROPEANS IM FROM UK!
    acrididae

I keep getting people from the UK,a nd I'm in the US. lol I feel your pain. And it's not even really europeans i've been dealing with. Aussies and French. And sometimes Mexicans( I know they aren't UK, but yeah.)

You wanna try being in the UK and spending the day getting dumped in with American 3- bar players all day!!

"yeah whoop we kicked yo English ass"

Errr no, you were just on a 3- bar and skipping over my screen and shooting me before you even got round the corner!! You ain't good, your just cheating the stupid connectivity issues of this stupid game!!

actually pretty pathetic that there is 19000 plus people playing kill confirmed  and the game I just lagged my arse through had 5 EUROPEAN players, 19000 f***ing players and matchmaking can only find 6 UK players to match me with what a load of shite, the other 5 games ahve also been awful, only had 1 decent game so far and you can tell me that is acceptable! THat is not acceptable and should be fixed asap one game had a norweigen own the game, why, lag comp thats why!

starbuckfrack

dean66s wrote:

actually pretty pathetic that there is 19000 plus people playing kill confirmed  and the game I just lagged my arse through had 5 EUROPEAN players, 19000 f***ing players and matchmaking can only find 6 UK players to match me with what a load of shite, the other 5 games ahve also been awful, only had 1 decent game so far and you can tell me that is acceptable! THat is not acceptable and should be fixed asap one game had a norweigen own the game, why, lag comp thats why!

19000 people playing Kill confirmed. Minus 90 percent of those people playing elsewhere in the world besides in general European areas (lets say from England to Isreal) . That leaves 1900 people MAYBE in your general section of the continent.

1900 people minus about 75 percent in full lobbies playing a game leaves about 400 people.

400 people divided by ten people per lobby = 40 lobbies.

So that is about 400 people in that general 2000 mile area (circular) that are playing that one game type.

now if we narrow it down to say 10 countries in that area (for numbers sake) that would make 4 available lobbies at MOST.

So do you really think that with so few lobbies to choose from you would get the perfect one with NO people outside your area ?

Instead of crying over it why dont you try private matches with just people in your area ?

One thing I do feel sad for is that some countries have the worst internet protocol for video games on the internet and you people have to usually go thru their services 80 to 90 percent of the time.

now some people will curse the darkness while others would light a candle. So I guess you are out of matches and cant play private lobbies ?

I completely agree bud 100%, its a complete joke. I am doing all I can to raise awareness and hopefully get this addressed. Please sign the thread below thank you.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200416480

You may or may not be interested in this thread too.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200411598?start=60&tstart=0

starbuckfrack

Smokin1 wrote:

I completely agree bud 100%, its a complete joke. I am doing all I can to raise awareness and hopefully get this addressed. Please sign the thread below thank you.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200416480

You may or may not be interested in this thread too.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200411598?start=60&tstart=0

Starting more and more and more threads on the same problems isnt going to solve anything here on this magnitude.

You got your chance on 4/20. Then once you realize they WONT or WILL listen (I am not taking sides anymore) then you can either speak your peice without fear of reprisal or just learn to take what you DO get and enjoy it with the bugs.

All this hot air blowing around the forum isnt going to go anywhere.

starbuck all im asking for is 11 UK players thats all, so if I go into TDM and there 79000 players your maths dont work mate. I dont care for Microsofts we are on xbox live you can connect to 40 million players not interested in euro or the states or canada, as great nations of people that you are I embrace you whole heartedly as nations of gamers i just wish you would f*** off and get a game in your own country!

dedcided to have one last game of TDM after I did my last post. 81000 PLUS PLAYERS and i get a lobby with 10 players, 3 german, 1 dutch, 1 austrian and 6 UK player I say again 81000 PLUS PLAYERS and it couldnt match 12 players from the UK HOW HARD CAN IT BE. What with the awful lag comp i get for bothering to invest in fibre technology i have to put up with their high pings which will be atleast 4 times mine, so tell me whats fair in that. I am beginning to think that Ifinity Ward and Microsoft have a personal grudge against the good people of UK, wa are not a part of mainland Europe so dont wish to be treated as a european gamer! I just want a level playing thats all.

starbuckfrack

dean66s wrote:

starbuck all im asking for is 11 UK players thats all, so if I go into TDM and there 79000 players your maths dont work mate. I dont care for Microsofts we are on xbox live you can connect to 40 million players not interested in euro or the states or canada, as great nations of people that you are I embrace you whole heartedly as nations of gamers i just wish you would f*** off and get a game in your own country!

Well for one thing MICROSOFT does the matchmaking and not IW. so try using your brain once and think. Your on the wrong forum.

Either that or get over the fact that its just a GAME !

You want people in your area in the game only then play private matches or make some freinds to join the public matches. considering you whiny ass cursing and complaining you dont have many that will stay your freinds do you.

Most people that actually use their brains would have at LEAST got a generalization of what I meant instead of taking it as pure fact.

as for your reading comprehension I didnt say seventynine thousand I said NINETEEN THOUSAND.

As for my math being off then why dont you jus go out and look up the population per are of every single country and figure it out for yourself how many people are in your area and then figure out what percentage of people are actually playing in your area of the same game type and I am sure you will actually find out my estimates were higher than how many people.

Why curse the darkness when you can light a candle ?

Stop blaming IW for getting in lobbies with other countries . Its going to happen REGARDLESS.

Look at BF3 I choose from Servers in the US ONLY and guess what ? I get people in the games from other countries.

You want to solve the problem intstead of asking someone to do it who WONT help you on it ?

Then make all of your freinds from your region and add them as PREFERRED. Then your get a better chance to be with them. Also increase your chances by joining in their games. Thats what the Xbox isd there for you to do. It gives you the tools to avoid people you dont want. (or at least lets you select them to decrease the chances.

BTW in case you people didnt know MICROSOFT is the ones that do the matchmaking, not IW. Hence the tools they give you. What do you expect when you got 40 million people playing the Xbox online. every game to be perfect without you lifting a finger ?

vineuk

I have to laugh. I've been away for a while and yet the first post I read when I come back and it's Starbuckfrack yet again talking to some like there something on the bottom of his shoe. Insulting people really doesn't help your case when trying to prove a point. All it does is make that person hostile towards you and after that is really makes no difference if your right or wrong as they other person really wont care. Nice to see nothing has changed and your mother has yet to teach you some manners.

starbuckfrack

vineuk wrote:

I have to laugh. I've been away for a while and yet the first post I read when I come back and it's Starbuckfrack yet again talking to some like there something on the bottom of his shoe. Insulting people really doesn't help your case when trying to prove a point. All it does is make that person hostile towards you and after that is really makes no difference if your right or wrong as they other person really wont care. Nice to see nothing has changed and your mother has yet to teach you some manners.

If you had read my first post with the math in it you would notice I wasnt insulting nor was I using curse words.

as well as you should know that if the person starts an adult thread then he gets adult answers.

As for you coming back to read me as the first post... Well you must really not know how to let things go do ya. I wasnt the first one to post in this topic.

You would notice that I gave an example to the OP to help him understand , he didnt listen and to me to pee off . so you think hes going to get kid gloves or a hug.

Nice to notice your first post was to insult me. Shows you need to grow up.

vineuk

So why when didn't agree with your reply did you feel the need to lower yourself to the name calling. Even if he was rude why does that mean you have to reciprocate in the same manner. You seem a rather intelligent person and a lot of your post are well thought out and have good theory and evidence to support them but you then go and let yourself down by having to insult others that don't always agree with you.

Just because people don't see your point of view doesn't make them wrong. In there mind they may feel there right. Just because a person has evidence to support a hypotheses or to validate a claim doesn't automatically mean there correct. Look at Sigmund Freud he was and still is by some seen as the farther of psychology but in the modern day most of his work that was backed up by study and evidence is dismissed as outdated and wrong.

What puts us above other animals as the dominate species, is the ability of independent thought and communication. If we were all the same and had the same thoughts I'd rather be dead.

djtn

starbuckfrack wrote:

Well for one thing MICROSOFT does the matchmaking and not IW. so try using your brain once and think. Your on the wrong forum.

If XBL does the matchmaking and IW has no control, why did IW post saying they've removed region locking and they're tweaking it???? I don't care who's responsible just fix this POS!!!

starbuckfrack

djtn wrote:

starbuckfrack wrote:

If XBL does the matchmaking and IW has no control, why did IW post saying they've removed region locking and they're tweaking it???? I don't care who's responsible just fix this POS!!!

They give the parameters and MS does the matchmaking according to those. short version anyway.

IW said that MS does the matchmaking for COD games years ago.

Matchmaking ist bad and I don´t know why. I´m from Germany and most time I play against UK, french or spain players? I ask WHY? there are so many Germans playing the game.

But it´s the same in FIFA. The Matchmaking there is also bad.

Is it maybe because of the trueskill System?

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/news/features/trueskill.aspx

For a better Matchmaking I would wait longer to join a game. I don´t need to be in 10 seconds in a game.......

Mat2202, I would also wait longer if I knew all players would be UK. Also Germany has a higher population than UK, this is what I posted on another thread there should be no reason for us all to connect outside of our respective countries. I sometimes get put in games and im the only player from UK, but I do have a very good fibre connection and good pings to most places so I think thats what hindering me.

USA = 313,332,000

Brazil = 192,376,496

Mexico = 112,336,538

Germany = 81,831,000

France = 65,350,000

UK = 62,300,000

Italy = 60,776,531

South Africa = 50,586,757

Spain = 46,196,278

Poland = 38,501,000

Canada = 34,763,600

Netherlands = 16,728,091

The rest of Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Belgium, Portugal, Greece, Austria and Denmark 10 million or less. So keep all the densely populated countries independant and let all the other low populated countries play each other. Why should my experience be hampered because another country has a low population, they dont pay for my game or my fibre connection, maybe all the waifes and strays should connect to USA or Canada as you seem to be so understanding and compastionate and we are heatless in the UK.

I am also from Germany, the matchmaking still puts me into lobbies with people across the world, it feels like i am the only one in germany who plays this game.

bring Region Lock back - all problems solved.