1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 12:08 PM by Z1GMA Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    CODNoob12

I have actually went away from using them so much on this prestige. Look, I don't know stats by numbers regarding effectiveness of weapons and attachments like so many do, all I know is that seemingly, I get better results without them on most game types.

• 51. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD

Just making an argument and wanted to know what people thought. Fyi my OPINION can't be wrong that's why it's called an OPINION!

• 52. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD

No they are not OP

Shouldnt be a problem if you dont rely too heavily on your Mini Map

• 53. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD

True it does, but the benefits I think outweigh the costs, which is what I've been trying to say the whole time. Pros: stay off the radar, reduced flash. Cons: Less range (which affects the overall damge).

• 54. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    TheJamboX

The only benefit is for stealth players. I use suppressor on my SMG class most of the time, a lot easier to sneak behind enemy lines. And you do lose a lot of damage over range which makes SMG even more CQB. I think rapid fire is overpowered on SMGs because they already have a high RPM.

• 55. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    grif77775

the cost maybe not balance on an smgs but it does on snipers and shotguns. The reduced range can easily cost you a gun fight at mid range with an smg and assault rifle. The costs you pay for having a silencer easily balances out when you compare it to every weapon. it might work great on smgs but try it on the AA12.

• 56. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD

I find the chickens on Seatown totally distracting.   That and the hot chicks in the fashion posters in Arkaden.  CAN'T SHOOT MY GUN AND KILLZ PEOPLS WITH THESE AROUND!  ACTIVISION DEV TEAM FIX THIS!

• 57. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    that6uy420

Shadow3Assassin wrote:

Just making an argument and wanted to know what people thought. Fyi my OPINION can't be wrong that's why it's called an OPINION!

oh no...  your opinion can be very wrong...  that's exactly why it isn't fact.  You asked what people thought and you were told... pretty damn clearly.  silencers are a tool to use to SILENCE your weapon... if they weren't meant to keep you off the radar they wouldn't be called SILENCERS.  They reduce the effective range of a weapon and after that range the dmg from said weapons drop off considerably.  Just because you have an affinty for staring at the baby monitor doesn't constitute them as being overpowered...  just as the Famas in Black ops wasn't overpowered but overused.  There is a large difference in that.  You can easily kill someone with a silencer just as you can kill someone with any other weapon set up.  Adapt to the game or move on to lego indiana jones...  I suppose the hammer brothers on mario were OP since they had hammers that flew in an arch and if you were too stupid to move out of the way they killed you, amiright?

• 58. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD

fyi opinions are based on facts and logic...so you're right, opinions can't be right or wrong but the logic and factd you used can. you're wrong

• 59. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    rankismet

Shadow3Assassin wrote:

Actually... opinions are wrong all the time.

People used to be of the opinion the world was flat.

People used to be of the opinion the Sun revolved around the Earth.

50% of the US population were of the opinion Obama would make a good President.

... and you have the opinion suppressors are OP.

See the trend yet?

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next