1 2 3 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 12:08 PM by Z1GMA RSS

Silencers OP? Next COD

Silencers. Are they overpowered? I think they are, someone slaps on a silencers to almost any SMG and it instantly becomes a better weapon. I think there needs to be a blance. I don't want to go all "it's not like real life" on you, but silencers do not make your gun as supressed as they are in the game. They actually still make quite a bit of noise. I think what they should do in the next COD is make it within a certain range, silencers put you on the mini map. This would add a new element to the game, and make it so you have to choose your shots more carefully and someone wouldn't be abe to come up behind you and kill your teammates, and you. Right now, silencers keep you the mini map completely and it almost is not even fair.

So what do you guys think? Do you think it would be good or bad addition? This is just my thought on it, but I really think its a good idea. Please, let me know what you think.

Edit: I saw in some of the comments that you should be put on the radar when using a silencer, but only within a certain distance and/or the time on the radar also would be cut in half or even 1/3 the time. I love this idea, the majority of the people do not want this, because it's not a realistic game, which is true, however, I do not think someone should be able to stay off the radar all of the time, which my main reason for making this thread. Also, I'm not ******** or whining, I just wanted to make my OPINION heard and to know what other people thought about this. Thank you have a nice day!

• 1. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    ap0stl3

Nah, it's not OP.  Just because it takes you off the mini map doesn't mean you can't HEAR the gun being fired.  So as long as you're not a red-dot chaser, that shouldn't really affect you.

• 2. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    ap0stl3

And I don't know the exact numbers but by using a silencer, you give up some damage on your weapon.  So it sort of does make you choose your shots carefully.  Take this for example.  You see an enemy at the end of a hallway, about to go around a corner.  With a non-silenced weapon, you know you could get enough bullets in to him to kill him, but with a silencer on, you're not so sure.  So you take the risk of hitting him a few times but not killing him, thus alerting him to where you are.

• 3. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    r8edtripx

Shadow3Assassin wrote:

Silencers. Are they overpowered? I think they are, someone slaps on a silencers to almost any SMG and it instantly becomes a better weapon. I think there needs to be a blance. I don't want to go all "it's not like real life" on you, but silencers do not make your gun as supressed as they are in the game. They actually still make quite a bit of noise. I think what they should do in the next COD is make it within a certain range, silencers put you on the mini map. This would add a new element to the game, and make it so you have to choose your shots more carefully and someone wouldn't be abe to come up behind you and kill your teammates, and you. Right now, silencers keep you the mini map completely and it almost is not even fair.

So what do you guys think? Do you think it would be good or bad addition? This is just my thought on it, but I really think its a good idea. Please, let me know what you think.

I wouldn't vote for this. I love flanking too much, and the feeling is awesome when you see 2 or 3 players you just flanked and their back is facing you. TRIPLE SPRAY!! Knifing feels good too, but sometimes they're rocking Extreme Conditioning.

• 4. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    bigjon00

red dot chaser?

i hear guns with silencer on , but never enemy's footsteps,

silencer on guns makes them more stable , less recoil. easyer to use.

-------my grammar n spelling aint all that good but i hope you can understand me ok-------

• 5. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    trialstardragon

No, they are not OP and never were. Stop being a baby monitor watcher needing red dots to know where and how to find kills.

• 6. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    Rednecksniper39

What is next? Aiming is Op? Running is OP?

• 7. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    xbevz

They're not OP in any way, you can hear them very well in this game.

• 8. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD
    scolia5044

One of the worst complaints i have seen

• 9. Re: Silencers OP? Next COD

Silencers have bullet drops over distance and has less damage. The silencer has been with the franchise ever since and is not overpowered as all weapons can have this attachment.

1 2 3 Previous Next