19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2012 5:38 PM by monkeylord RSS

Is nerfing the bain of C.O.D

monkeylord

Okay most will agree that lag is number one on the hit list (i've lost count of the around corner deaths i've endured) but for myself a very close second is the whole nerf and buff weapons that is going a long way towards stripping any kind've "skill" involved in this game.

The LMGs are one of the better examples of this a lot of people insisted they needed a buff when they were fine the way they were. Sure they weren't a pick up and go instantly positive but with a bit of practice and when used right they were awesome.

Shouldn't there be weapons that are just plain bad so it gives the option for players to challange themselves and showboat by taking a weapon that is acknowledged as just sucky and outperform others who are using the better weapons.

• Re: Is nerfing the bain of C.O.D

monkeylord wrote:

Shouldn't there be weapons that are just plain bad so it gives the option for players to challange themselves and showboat by taking a weapon that is acknowledged as just sucky and outperform others who are using the better weapons.

No.

Disagreed, the LMGs were absolute **** before they were buffed. If anything, the bane of this game is IW's reluctance to buff and nerf weapons. There are still many guns that feel like an automatic win, and too many that are inexcusably bad

Also there is no such thing as skill in a game in which it only takes a fraction of a second to kill. There is only superior reaction time, not being as predictable as everybody else, and just using a better gun.

monkeylord

The lmgs would deliver constant team wipeouts before the buff so maybe the problem was the user not the weapon also I can't think of a single weapon it's impossible with a bit of practice to hold top place on the scoreboard on a consistant basis.

monkeylord wrote:

The lmgs would deliver constant team wipeouts before the buff so maybe the problem was the user not the weapon

Whatever you could(and can) do with an LMG you'll do it 10x easier with the ACR.

monkeylord

Whatever you could(and can) do with an LMG you'll do it 10x easier with the ACR.

Not true the LMGs way surpass the ACR in laggy team wipeout situations also just for keeping the enemy pinned down the LMGs obviously surpasses everything.

Every gun in this game can be used effectively to hold a good performance if used right in most cases it's not the weapon mostly the person using it.

monkeylord wrote:

I can't think of a single weapon it's impossible with a bit of practice to hold top place on the scoreboard on a consistant basis.

Shotguns and pistols. Try again.

monkeylord

Shotguns and pistols. Try again.

Don't need to the shotguns are good enough and so are the handguns if you get into the wrong situation then yeah you're gonna get screwed so adapt to the weapons performance as in the MP412 a handgun you barely see but it can work pretty good.

Sure K/D takes a hit while you learn where each weapons optimum area but once you've got it down then it all changes.

lol, are you kidding me? Every weapon is viable when your opponents are complete dumbarses. Some weapons are just better than others, and it kills the variety in the game and the fun. You simply can't try new weapons and strategies, because the other ones are so much better. For me, this has a detrimental effect on my enjoyment of the game.

monkeylord

I managed to nail the MG36 2500 kills before the buff sure at first I got pwned but after a couple of rounds and learning which maps the LMGs performed best on and how to move and work the weapon the stats started to rapidly climb.

For me it's the fact that there are the obvious weapons that do well and others that are not as good that gives the game a sense of variety if all weapons performed the same or were equally good then the whole game would rapidly become boring.

Half the fun is running with a weapon thats looked down on or viewed as "needing a buff" and finishing top against good players. Every gun on this game can be used to win and do well as i've said sure your K/D may suffer as you learn the weapons limits but you can claw it back.

monkeylord wrote:

For me it's the fact that there are the obvious weapons that do well and others that are not as good that gives the game a sense of variety if all weapons performed the same or were equally good then the whole game would rapidly become boring.

Guess you never played MW or MW2. Most balanced gun-wise. You saw variety and you weren't forced to use anything, it all came down to personal preference. In MW3 you are basically forced to use the Type-95 and ACR if you want to even have a chance competitavly.

zombie-papa

i agree with the OP all this nerf and buff business is bullshit. people 're just to lazy to get to grips with the game and want to pick up an instant win. And if they cant than it must be the game or someone elses fault (this is a clear cut example of having your head up your own bunghole)

pathetic....real pathetic

It's like it is with phones nowadays; everybody wants the very best smartphone with all the possible features but over half the dumbasses dont know what to do with it other then send whatsapp or ping messages but they still complain that the phone is utter crap when it crashes due to their own stupid actions

Instead of putting lame whiney posts on this forum you could be learning to master the guns you complain about

monkeylord

DLSV2 wrote:

Guess you never played MW or MW2. Most balanced gun-wise. You saw variety and you weren't forced to use anything, it all came down to personal preference. In MW3 you are basically forced to use the Type-95 and ACR if you want to even have a chance competitavly.

Your guess in this case would be wrong i've played all the C.O.Ds and in mw2 just like mw3 I was in the top couple of 100 before the leaderboards were hacked to crap.

At the moment i'm about 170th in K/C and stand by that if any skill does exsist in mw3 it lies in doing just as well with a poor weapon as others do with the standard weapons.

SULLY130EighT

I didn't buy MW3 till about a month or go give or take. So I'm assuming they buffed them a while ago. That being said I love using some of the LMG's. It's the first time I had to turn to the Elite weapons videos to use their suggested loadout until I got the hang of the control on these weapons until I was comfortable enough to find that some profiencies and perks worked better for my play. Not say the Elite weapons loadout suggestions aren't good, they are for people new to the CoD series, and some of them are spot on.

Monkey I do have to disagree with you. Some LMGS did need a buff. I am a personal LMG user I have my highest KD with the M60 out of all my guns. Some guns needed a nerf. Akimbo Machine pistols( have always been the only real gun that I felt needed nerfing).

Only thing I have grief left on lmgs is view kick. Why is this well if I get shot my recenter speed is horrible very horrible. so now little old SMG I start shooting him from accross the map right before he turns to shot me. He gets view kicked miss 1 maybe 2 bullets. I have already pumpped 2 rounds into him bang He shots me It takes me forever to recenter and loose a kill even though I got the first few rounds in. I would really like to see a little less view kick from being shot on LMGS or have them result in a bigger view kick on when they hit there target.

But in most part I do feel LMGs are going to be a little more playable and therefore you can enjoy the challange with playing them.

monkeylord

I've had mainly good experiences with the LMGs pre and post buff but to be honest I didn't feel as if they needed the buff as with the right set up their hip fire is awesome and for kill confirmed they're very good weapons for staying on the move while pinning the team down.

dlundebjerg28

I agree with some of your post, and disagree with some of it.

I agree that no gun should ever be nerfed. It doesn't matter how "OP" the community thinks it is. Not all guns are created equal. Every class of weapons is always going to have that one dominant gun. No matter what, one gun is always going to be better than another. Having a game of completely equal guns would be boring. If I use the CM901 instead of the ACR or Scar its because I'm looking for a challenge, not because I think the CM901 should be as good as those guns. So in that aspect I agree.

However, when it comes to buffing guns, I'm not really with you. As far as LMGs go, I thought they were fine pre-buff. I actually thought they were all pretty good, and the main issue was the maps in MW3 aren't very good for LMGs. Tight corners and a lot of CQC just really isn't good for LMGs. They were decent on a few maps, but overall they just didn't fit into the game very well. In general thought, I feel like buffing should be the solution to weapon balance, and not nerfing. I don't think the Type 95 ever needed a nerf, I think the M16 needed a buff. The only reason the  Type 95 was seen as so powerful and so good was because the M16 was so bad. If you buff the M16, there is solid competition for the Type 95 and people realize that its the exact same gun as the MW2 Famas and don't complain about it anymore. They finally got the shotguns right as well. The Striker never needed a nerf, the rest of the shotties needed a buff. The shotguns work as they should now. I see more KSGs, Spas and Models then I ever did before because they finally compete with the Striker.

I guess my point is that nerfing is stupid, no gun should be nerfed. But, certain buffs are okay.

monkeylord

Strangely enough I stopped using the shotties after buff despite the odd moment like this

They seemed a bit to good at certain ranges where it felt slightly squiff getting OHK.

The sole reason i'm against nerfs/buffs is because the weapons should be different there should be a set of weapons the more experienced/better players break out to basicly showboat or challange themselves.

I've enjoyed taking on some of the lesser used weapons and learning there quirks and shortfalls every weapon i've used so far that seems sucky at first once learned becomes pretty decent and keeps me near the top of the lobby score board.

Even the round in the clip above I ended up 2nd or 3rd it's just a personal preference of mine that once i've picked up the basics of a game I then try to get to the point where I can use all the weapons/items.