21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 3:42 AM by poison_pawn RSS

I'll buy an Xbox when....

Stormproot

You can use a mouse and keyboard as game controllers.

On the other hand...

Rumour has it XBox Live will be available in Windows 8.

So maybe... just maybe...

When MW4 comes out in 2013 (if at all) PC users will be able to get all the benefits of Xbox live for the game?

Until then, it's lagnet and hackers (though to be honest, I don't get many hacked games being here in the UK)

• Re: I'll buy an Xbox when....

When I think back, did they not produce "Half nintendo and PC" it sold like a lump of rock? and rumor had it that Mirosoft had linked Xbox and a PC lobby game to show how much better the xbox was at gaming that a PC, and the PC player "using a mouse n keyboard combo" knocked spots off the xbox player.

oh and sorry about the English I am english

CrapDuster

I haven't personally tried it to let you know how it responds or whatever but here you go, hook any usb mouse & keyboard to xbox360

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00638TBJY/ref=asc_df_B00638TBJY1868344?smid=ATVPDKIKX0 DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B00638TBJY

Even if XBox comes with Win 8, wouldn't you still have to pay the subscription to play... $20/month is it? If so, I won't be playing xbox. Screw that. But I can see a 2 ton gorilla like MS trying to force us all to that, and I wouldn't be surprised if MS is behind some of the hacks. Come on Lenox....

Windows 8 may support Xbox live, but it will not be able to play Xbox games (there will be games that will play on PC, but not the big name games). Also after testing the last two previews, no one is going to actually buy it. It will be forced down the throats of new PC buyers. The metro interface flat out sucks.

Stormproot

I take the point that the multiplayer games may not be cross platform. But it does mean the multiplayer games on PC will be managed by Microsoft - and this means that they at least will do a better job of it than having peer-to-peer lagnet and oodles of hacking b a s t a r d s - like we have to put up with with Steam and the current set up.

It also means that Microsoft can use their corporate might to ensure that PC games get as much love and attention as the XBox versions.

So it should be an improvement. I say 'should', but you never know with these things.

Antonka86

What i want to say, i have xbox and pc version of mw3 and i like xbox version more than pc bcos more noobs on it and it's easy way to do more frags for whole game round + multikills for montage, but this rule not for PC, it's much harder play (even mouse+kb) in it bcos cheaters, hidden wh, more campers (in comparision).

xbox + u can play w/o cheaters

xbox - (gamepad) not usual control for pc players, just need controller like Razer Onza or higher sticks on standart controller

pc + (mouse + keyboard) flexible control, any key on any button

pc - no one can't give u 100% guuarranty that u will play w/o cheaters

Consoles are for kids. the game play is lame. all you have to do is look at most of the youtube videos to see that. I'd rather have all the problems with PC than to waste my time playing a lame, POS console. If it come to that BS, I'd quit altogether.

poison_pawn

I will never buy, or use ANY console: I play games, and record on my Personal computer; and watch movies, and listen to music on my entertainment computer. the office computer speaks for it's self.

wierd worlds are these

I have a Xbox simply because some of my mates cannot afford a pc and also cannot get use to the controls on a pc.

I will be getting another Xim3 at some point but not sure when or if it will be worth it depending on if MS allow keyboards and mice to be used on the next console.

Stormproot

This is what is putting me off getting a console.

I do everything on my PC, work, watch TV/DVDs listen to music, mess around on the internet and play games.

The Xbox can do most of that, but I can't use it for work - which is my main use of the machine, and earns me my money every month (I am a software developer).

I'd rather spend £1000 - £1500 every three years or so on a new super-duper laptop than buy an XBox simply for gaming.

Anyway - I have ordered the Mouse+Keyboard device suggested for my son's birthday present - he'll probaly use it for internet stuff rather than gaming - but I'll try it out and let you all know if it's anywhere near as good as PC.

"the office computer speaks for it's self."

Using one of those new HAL9000's are you?

Well MS could do that for PC if they would. Having an Xbox on a PC is like shoes on a bird. What is the point?