1 2 3 4 Previous Next 193 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 11:36 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    Jinx484

Well at the end of the day, selecting a host based on a better criteria will help in every game because a selection of host always occurs.  Perhaps not as drastically, but in theory it should still do something.

• 11. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation

I'm curious if this change to party-leader-based matchmaking might see the return of what sometimes seemed to occur in Black Ops: a party-leader with above-average connectivity would lead a party into pub matches where that party-leader would pull host & most of the players in the lobby with the best connection to the host were in the host's party, thereby giving a noticeable in-game advantage to everybody in that party & allowing parties to easily dominate matches. If so, it may at least be the lesser of 2 evils, since MW3's current party-average matchmaking somewhat destroys party/team-based gaming.

• 12. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

But based off the video host selection for a single player should be the closest (lowest) ping host. I'm pretty sure players have claimed lag compensation issues even when playing solo.  So, in theory they already have the "best" host available at the time and are still seeing the issue.  If that is the case then this update is a waste of time for them.

IMO this patch is not addressing the real issue and nothing is going to change.

• 13. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation

Good video guys.

• 14. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    deucedouglas

Acknowledging it exists is one thing. Actually fixing it is another. All I ask for is to be able to understand why I died and that there can be something done to prevent it the next time.

• 15. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    AsmodeousNZ87

I just want to say thanks to you guys for your work with the community and devs to try and help us all, even if it fails the effort is greatly appreciated

• 16. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation

I'll believe it when I see it but this is a step in the right direction.

• 17. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    WNSA

Great video! You should create a condensed version of this video explaining the changes, it was hard to absorb some cricial points with this video being half an hour long.

• 18. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    Nubdub

I think this may work. Right now, too much load is being put on the midwest microsoft matchmaking server's. That is why I constantly get bad games. (I live in Illinois).

One thing I have to add though, Mac you have not been trying since the beginning to help fix this. You denied for a month or more that there was any kind of an issue and were blaming it on people's connections as well as calling people cretins for believing the game itself had issues. You also said you were French. You clearly are from the UK. i am glad it is being fixed but please don't give yourself too much credit.

• 19. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    maccabi

Nubdub wrote:

I think this may work. Right now, too much load is being put on the midwest microsoft matchmaking server's. That is why I constantly get bad games. (I live in Illinois).

One thing I have to add though, Mac you have not been trying since the beginning to help fix this. You denied for a month or more that there was any kind of an issue and were blaming it on people's connections as well as calling people cretins for believing the game itself had issues. You also said you were French. You clearly are from the UK. i am glad it is being fixed but please don't give yourself too much credit.

why do people always claim i denied a problem existed? blops now mw3.. seriously people

and i claimed i was french hmmm okaaaaaaay  and nope not from uk dont let the 5am accent fool you   anyways to the usual suspects im sure you casn find other posts to accuse me of your usual stuff without tarnishing capp00's fine post.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next