1 16 17 18 19 20 Previous Next 193 Replies Latest reply: May 14, 2012 11:36 AM by rankismet Go to original post RSS
  • 180. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation

Good one cappo and mac. Whatever the outcome take a bow for being pro-active in trying to make some sense out of the mess wev'e been given.....

• 181. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation

I recently found a thread on how to tell if you're host and verified it for myself. I forget the user's name that posted it, I'll have to thank him. When the map is loading you have to watch for the Intel loading bar and pay attention to the awaiting challenge on the bottom right side of the screen. If "awaiting challenge" counts down at 1 or 0 you are the host, anything else and you're not.  If you miss it, you can also tell if your count down starts at 13.

• 182. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    Nubdub

That was me. Your welcome.

• 183. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation

Thank you Nubdub! You've made my MW3 KC experience more tolerable. As soon as that unlucky 1 or 0 appears (about 70% of the time), I back out to see the host migration message appear before the match even begins. I feel bad for the next host victim though...

The best thing is, I haven't received any messages lately from other players, informing me that i'm garbage after suffering from a hostess with the leastest match. ahhhhhhh it's so nice. If the room is full of mellow players, I'll hang around as host and tough it out.

Thanks again!

• 184. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    papaxs

Well for what ever reason that does not work for me but next time I die 5 times in a row I will back out and see if there is a host migration.  Last time I did this there was no host migration so I am not 100% sold you can tell when you are host.   Maybe I never get host but I have seen all these mentioned indicators and have backed on each of them at one point in time and never saw a host migration.

I will keep my eye out to see next time.  In Bops it was easy and I would pull host over 50% time, just the other night I played Bops and pulled host in my first game.

• 185. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    capp00

So, it appears that this title update will be coming out tomorrow, May 15th. Will take a bit to propogate to everyone. Hopefully by weeks end, we will see some improvement to the matchmaking system.

And real quick, once again, this is not going to be a magic bullet that fixes all the lag problems. It "might" help with lag issues if it does a better job of finding lobbies closer to all the players.

So, please don't think this 1 update is going to make the game run buttery smooth. It could, and I do hope so, but if you notice no difference after the update, please don't start rioting in this thread about how "I told you it wouldn't work".

• 186. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

If it does work I'll be the first the say good job guys.  I just want to be able to play the game with my friends again.  The only decent games I can get now are when i tweak my connection's MTU and upload speed along with playing in Merc playlist.

• 187. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    maccabi

capp00 wrote:

So, it appears that this title update will be coming out tomorrow, May 15th. Will take a bit to propogate to everyone. Hopefully by weeks end, we will see some improvement to the matchmaking system.

And real quick, once again, this is not going to be a magic bullet that fixes all the lag problems. It "might" help with lag issues if it does a better job of finding lobbies closer to all the players.

So, please don't think this 1 update is going to make the game run buttery smooth. It could, and I do hope so, but if you notice no difference after the update, please don't start rioting in this thread about how "I told you it wouldn't work".

what capp00 said remeber this is a MATCHMAKING fix, not a host disadvantage/ lerps fix

• 188. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    rankismet

maccabi wrote:

capp00 wrote:

what capp00 said remeber this is a MATCHMAKING fix, not a host disadvantage/ lerps fix

So this fixes lag comp... awesome.

• 189. Re: Matchmaking Changes - Lag Compensation
    ghorman

maccabi wrote:

I don't think that will get fix unless they adjust the game time the client is using while being host.  Its really sad being host and you are the one out of sync with the game.  Poor design IMO.