15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2012 7:28 PM by belgarion123 RSS

HC TDM CLAN OP.

Wow.

I just finished playing the HC TDM clan op and that was certainly an experience. I mostly play standard Dom and now I remember why.

Almost every person was tubing or running around with an RPG. It wasn't much fun getting RPG'd then respawning to take two steps and getting tubed.

Maybe they should leave launchers out of HC? Make it bullets and nades only, that would be way more fun.

P.s. (Preemptive strike) To all the board nerds, I dont care if this has been posted up a hundred times. This was my first experience on it and I was rather let down. **** game for Clan Op.

• Re: HC TDM CLAN OP.
    azn_chic

great idea! maybe we should also take those weapons out of actual wars and battles just to make it fair for everyone

ill-lll

...or just fix the Blast Shield perk to actually nullify explosive damage (as it should).

Sensing sarcasm...

This is not another OP thread, I love launchers. I just think that what I experienced this morning was ridiculous. I am Prestige 13, played a few games in my time. This was an absolute joke. Never play it again, unless its for Clan Xp.

azn_chic

lol your senses are correct sir.

I only play hardcore...I agree with you to some degree, trust me no one hates spawning and getting tubed right off the bat more than me. However, I think that completely removing them from a game mode is a pretty dramatic response. There are ways to protect yourself from tubes...when I play with my clan, at least 3 of us will have Trophy Systems posted at choke points were tubes are common. Its a learning process, but after a while you'll get it

I suppose you are right. There is an equal and opposite tactic to every situation. I mostly run and gun with SMG so it was a quick learning lesson. Pulled out the FAD (w tube) and sat back a bit and it wasnt so bad. I just thought it was lame how pretty much everyone this morning was using launchers. Every death I would spectate and rotate through to see how many launchers were being used. Would have been easier to count the people not using them.

Thanks for the advice

Same here. Wasn't overly bombarded by RPG's but the camping, just wow. The goal was to get as many kills as possible, but there were whole clans just hiding. 75% of the games reached the time limit, on the bigger maps it was like trying to find Bin Laden. The game mode is an absolute joke!

Izjar11

I rather enjoy getting kills with one shot with my grenade launchers, nothing wrong with that. Either way in HC you get shot, or get a nade rammed down your throat you die imediatly. It is a frustrating game mode but one more to master and consider yourself a complete player.

Izjar11 wrote:

Either way in HC you get shot, or get a nade rammed down your throat you die imediatly.

Except the difference is shooting someone takes skill. Hiding behind a corner and lobbing blast radius nades does not.

I didn't play in this clan ops specically because it was HCTDM.  I tried to play in the last one that was HCTDM and was so bored/annoyed with it I had to call it a nite after about 30 minutes. 

the reason why the toobers are in hardcore cause they made them useless in core.  i never put a toob on in hardcore flags in black ops.  most people there had class.  i hope the clan ops will put hardcore dom. in or kill confirmed.  getting spawn killed after waiting 9 or more seconds only to wait longer is stupid.  get rid of the respawn timer might get rid of those corner campers.  fix that might be bareable to play

Yeah that was something else I hated. Why have a spawn timer and why is the time you have to wait different every death? Don't understand the point of it...

in my experience, hardcore has always had more campers. not only due to the fact that you die much quicker, but because there are no kill-cams revealing camping spots. these clan ops only magnify the reasons why most of us don't play hardcore.

there's always gonna be people whining about how "it takes 99 million bullets to kill someone in a normal game" so hardcore will always be around.

i can't agree that it takes more skill, the only real tactical disadvantage is that you don't always have a little map in the corner... but if you've played a map a couple hundred times, you usually know your way around. i think the fact that you can shoot someone twice in the legs and kill them is contrary to the way call of duty is built, but that's just my opinion...

and to comment on why there aren't more hardcore ops... less people play hardcore, so you'll get less ops. i love headquarters, i'd love to see a headquarters clan ops... i'd tear it up. but there will probably never be one because no one plays headquarters anymore.

belgarion123

You can't hate on the HC players. Most of what you are running into are the core players trying to get easy kills. I hate playing clan ops on HC because all the core players show up and sit in corners with tubes. I don't mind the explosives, its part of the game. A normal HC player mainly uses it to flush out the campers. Check the lobby leader boards next time and you can tell who is a normal HC player and who are the core players. Tonight I had to use my tubes to the excessive just to get them out of the corners.