It's my first game too as well. I started at about .4 for a while and now I've increased it to about a .8. Some random tips:
1. Have a variety of classes. If you're dying a lot in a row TRY SOMETHING NEW.
2. Use weapons appropriate for maps. And use weapons in appropriate parts of the maps. If you're using an SMG on Seatown, don't run out in the open part near the hotel or don't run across the long line of sight on mission.
3. Make yourself a hard target. If you're going to move, move side to side. Experiment with dropping, taking some cover etc. If someone has the jump on you, don't be afraid to back up, and either run away or try another method of attack.
4. Don't die to cheap things more than once. If they call in a chopper and no one stings it, put on blind eye. If the team is spamming preds, put on a class with trophy and quickdraw pro and/or stick to buildings.
5. USE YOUR MAP. Probably the hardest thing for new players, but so important. Even if you don't have a UAV up, gunfire can clue you into locations and knowing where your teammates are can clue you into enemy locations.
Just checked your elite. Why have you used riot shield so much lol . Looks like you've been doing fine when using the M4
I started out at .60k/d and am now at .83 which is a big improvement for me. Here is what I learned after hours of playing. I hope they may help you.
1. Accuracy is the most important aspect of the game. If you have a 9% accuracy rate and come face to face with a player who has 15%, you will probably die. They just shoot better than you and you need to get better to have a chance to kill them. It has worked for me. You will get a lot of kills on players who are not stationary if you improve your accuracy.
2. Learn the maps and where you are most likely to encounter bad guys. You will get killed a lot and the best way to keep that from happening is to learn the maps completely. Forget k/d rate until you learn the maps.
3. I run only the edges of maps and very rarely go to the middle. Too many deaths there for me. Many, many of these rushers will pick a particular building or area to migrate to. Stay away from those for now. These guys love gunfights at a fast rate and will pick a certain building to fight over. Don't go there. They are too good.
4. Don't fret over getting killed. Good players can overcome a blast shield user very easily. As a beginner it will help you very little. Everyone gets shot in the back a lot. It's part of the game so accept it and get a better perk instead.
5. Play,play,play. It's the only way to improve. Just use your perks wisely and for now shoot the weapons you do best with.
6. Good luck.
If you're still getting used to the game, a few tips:
Use a sniper if you want to sit back more and camp. Barrett .50cal is nice for one shot kills - I got into MW3 using this gun. If you want to move around a bit more, I suggest the ACR 6.8 with a silencer and the focus proficiency when you unlock it.
Kick (or attatchments)
Heartbeat sensor (or/with extended mags)
MP9 w/ silencer
Bouncing Betty or Claymore
Portable Radar, Flashbangs, or Scrambler.
Keep back to the farther parts of the field. Take your time to move. The heartbeat sensor will help you pick up anyone not using assassin that's creeping up to you if you choose to use it, and you can then switch to the MP9 to finish them off.
Focus (or attatchments)
Silencer (and extended mags or the ACOG scope)
Stinger (or FMG9 Akimbo, if you really need a boost. But I suggest Stinger.)
Semtex or C4
Flashbangs or Portable Radar
This you can move around the map a bit more with. Check your corners, check any pathways you cross. If you're playing Domination, use C4 and plant it in a spot next to the capture points you own in case you start to lose them - usually they do not notice the C4 and you can just blow 'em up for a nice double kill or so when you notice you're losing the position. And you defend it, whoopee! Portable Radar can help you keep an eye out on certain areas in the map, while your silencer and your perks keep you invisible.
Your strike package should probably be support, in this order: Ballistic Vests -> SAM turret -> EMP/Juggernaut/Escort Airdrop (which you choose is entirley up to you, and this is only a suggestion).
Hope this helps, enjoy!
p.s. Get used to higher sensitivities in order to keep a more wary eye out, but not so high that you're zooming past where you want to look.