39 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2012 11:39 PM by WpFdBladeX RSS

So how many people still tolerate this game?

padiego

I stopped playing a month ago or so. CoD used to be fun but when MW3 came out...it became more of a burden and a chore. Then i realized, hey why the hell am i still playing this "game" ? So i just stopped playing MW3 and expanded my horizons(no, not in that way, so back off boys...that means you jake..). Anyways, I'm here, wondering......Why do you people still tolerate this game?

The only person who actually seems to think this game is any good(or will ever be good) is semper, and i swear, whatever he put in his brownies, it must be some good stuff.

• Re: So how many people still tolerate this game?
    infinitlag

The only thing that keeps me in is the shotguns and riot shield (trolling).

I just play for MOAB's. They're fun and challenging to get, but other than that it's just full of crap.

infinitlag

I don't care about score. MOABS are incredibly annoying to get (haven't got one). Run around, rush into their spawns, thats what call of duty is.

fissuresofrequent

I play it on weekends and not much though. I was still playing black ops a lot more at this time of the year last year.

Minecraft

infinitlag

How do people like minecraft so well. To me its just a bunch of really bad graphical blocks stacked on top of eachother.

Because I have fun in the game.

It's not a matter of me "tolerating" it, but more of making it enjoyable. It's like Skyrim, I COULD go out and quest, and the make the most 1337 character ever, but I'd rather rid everyone's houses of the valueables.

Same thing in MW3, except I rob people of their dignity.

codcanuck

The primary reasons why I bought MW3:

- getting to battle in NYC, Paris, Berlin and London

- Survival Mode

- some of the best CoD Wii graphics (IMO)

Right now, the only thing keeping me in MW3 Multiplayer is the PM-9. God, that gun is fun to use! . I've also decided to not give a crap about scores and victories.

infinitlag

Something I don't have.

God damn, I hate this game.

If I'm lucky I'll find a lobby with legit players.

But now and days, any game mode you play is just full of hackers.

Any lobby you go in, there's always a hacker. If they don't know how to hack, then they'll learn how to do glitches.If it's not glitches, then they'll try to find the cheepest gay setup they possibly can such as making the Akimbo FMG's their primary.

And the only type of players that really play this game are just kids. Extreamly immature kids. All the legit players are starting to give up because of hackers.

I was playing MW3 last night in a party playing Domination, and a Krypt f@qqo7 joined in. Of course we ended up dominating despite the fact he was using Redbox, UAV, and Akimbo FMG's. We started telling him off on the lobby screen. And what did he have to say? "Look, I hack becaus "I feel like it""

infinitlag

I like bashing hackers because "I feel like it".

infinitlag

People with no life.

codcanuck

I've been thinking about how to avoid those BS hackers, and this is my theory:

Hackers will be eager to jump onto the latest CoD installment to do their crap and ruin the game. So, in theory, if we DO NOT buy and play BO2 and instead stick with MW3, the hackers in MW3 will be gone because they're busy being derp in BO2. Then when MW4 (or whatever the next IW installment is) comes out, THEN we buy and play BO2 and enjoy it because the hackers have moved on to MW4...and so on and so on until CoD dies.

That's my theory.

I stopped about 2 months ago because that when i realized almost every match i went into is hacked or is with uav hackers. Because i realized that, I realized that im just wasting my time on this since im not having any fun anymore and that call of duty is just basically the same every year now except with different guns, maps, and killstreaks. This is the last COD game i'm ever going to buy.

I've also been playing minecraft too

infinitlag

You guys ever played LoL (LEAGUE OF LEDGENDS) Lets go for a forum strike, no one on the forums for a day.

skmace14

I still (did) enjoy MW3. It was a sweet relief from black ops which was a burden and a frustration to me.I can just have fun in MW3, I couldn't do that with blops

semperfi550

I feel the same way about Lag Ops. While i do still think MW3 is basically a good game the community is screwing it up. If you're not playing hackers then you're either playing FMG/PP90 spayers who blow at the game or hiders with Type 95s. Now @codcancuk you're an idiot.. MW3 has balance. A few bad apples do not spoil the bunch. If you're gonna call a game unbalanced weapon wise then look at the whole picture and not just three weapons.. same goes for BO. As i have said MW3 is basiclly a good game but that being said i am going to join the MW3 blackout today (keep in mind that Wii gamers were encouraged to join it) in hopes of making some kind of difference. I just want MW3 to be the way it as a few months ago.. less FMGs and hacking scum bags. I think I'm gonna play some BF3 today and for those of you that sadly do not own more then one system i say go play a past CoD or Goldeneyeor even Conduit and if those don't suit you there is always MKW and Brawl.

basiclly bout done with this game i go from 2.345 kdr down to 2.207

because magically my gun makes up its own mind of to kill or not

i drop a whole clip into someone score marker after marker i get one shot dropped

by a friggin pistol of all things i know its not a hacker because at other times same person i can drop them in 3-5 shots at different times

You are right; that's not hacking. That's lag. I had a lot of that happening this afternoon. Unfortunately, first match I entered, another clan was an enemy and about 30 seconds into the game after I went 3-3 (due to the same lag you're talking about), I got predator'ed. Left the match immediately with a bad taste in my mouth for the game, but tried another few matches before I just couldn't take the "entire clip doesn't kill the guy, but one bullet from them kills me" lag issue.

Maybe I'll try later tonight. Wasn't going to and am not "participating" in blackout day. Had my blackout period Monday-Thursday thanks to work. :-)

There are a ton of things that make this a good game.

1) It's super fast paced... Black Ops wasn't slow.. but I actually played checkers with my 85 year old grandma while playing Black Ops Team Deathmatch and still got dogs. (lol jk... not really, but MW3 is faster than BO)

2) The new OP guns are really challenging to take down... so its actually a pretty good sweat to beat noobs running around with FMG9s and PP90M1 or MP7 rapid fire... so I find killing them so rewarding it makes the game THAT more exciting.

3) Lots of guns to try out and master. If you always use the same damn gun because you care more about your KDR than you do about your skill and general fun while playing... of course you get pissed and angry and frustrated and ultimately bored... because all you know how to use is ONE gun and now that you hit your skill threshold and can't push past it, you get mad... you blame the gun, the lag, hackers... blablabla... if you had tried out different guns from the start, different setups, perks and everything... you'd still be having fun and still be learning a lot... and probably, just probably... your skill threshold will rise much further than you can reach... meaning your KDR will keep going up as you get better and it will never lay stagnate at X level because you don't feel like changing guns and improving.

4) MOABs BABY!!

5) Making Hackers Rage Quit... Whenever I find a hacker in a public lobby I get into the zone and just zero on him... murder him 3-7 times and after a kill watch him rage quit. (Priceless)

6) Competitive Play... While there are hackers out there that claim to have earned everything... in Competitive play vs other teams/clans/etc... it's pretty fun to play that sort of fast paced skilled play. It just makes the game so addictive... everyone running ACRs,UMP45 and such... it makes for a really strong game that overall can't be beat by pub-stomping.

7) Just going through the learning curve, understanding the new weapons, ranges, explosives, perks. Sure you get the hang of them pretty fast... but it's still pretty cool to put your skills to the tests.

8) I've never had a single issue with my Wii or MW3... I've never lost my data, broken my disc reader, froze mid match.. etc.

Hackers/Glitchers/Campers... I can deal with.. they are just noobs that need a good spanking, and because I play good.. I can whoop their butts back to elementary school.

9) My team/clan... We have slowly lost members and are now at 13, but playing in a party with my clan buddies makes the game so much better, just chatting or communicating to play a really tight match and win... and the overall attitude of team mates pushing each other to do better.

10) I don't camp, I have fun and play hard... don't matter the outcome... win or lose

11) All of the above combined into a single practice match vs my clan mates. The friendly trash talk of private free-for-all matches.

12) Pushing my skills further and further... using tough weapons and developing new skills until "unviable" set ups become so strong they become my A-game...

I don't know why everyone keeps complaining about... sure the FMG9s are OP... but if you are smart you can beat em... sure there are hackers... well if you don't feel like teaching them a lesson JUST QUIT and go to another lobby. Campers? Bah... let them get 1 kill on you then come back and tea-bag their corpse.

Games are meant to challenge you and help you improve... build up your personality and teach you mental strength... of course kids these days prefer crappy games that pad them on the back (because I can't use profanity) everytime they hit a button.

I don't find this game tolerable... I find this game... a lot of fun.

EDIT: Added point 3&12 and moved the numbers.

PS: My KDR is 2.20 (not awesome, but definitely not bad)

nerrel

i quit playing regularly a while ago but once or twice a week i boot the game up thinking it'll be fun, then end up too pissed off to see straight after 40 minutes. last night i kept getting put into the same lobby full of hackers who had MOABS and 12:1 kill to death ratios. couldn't get into mercenary because no one was playing it, so it was just one shitty FMG clan after another. nerf that ******* gun. it's ridiculous for such an easily fixed issue to ruin an entire game for 7 months.

momskirbyok

This answers your question: OVER 9000!!!!...Seriously.