25 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 2:45 PM by ctrl-s RSS

Tired of hearing the trash talk !!!

HotRodGod

Im an avid gamer. Especially the COD series. Tired of everyone bad mouthing IW, Activision and whom ever has anything to do with the games. Yea some are better than other but in my opinion thats just how it goes. Saying your done with COD because of lag, cheating, death streaks, support packages is just plain dumb. Dont like lag ? switch rooms !!! dont like support streaks ? dont use them !!! MAking a game for our entertainment is a service they provide and a service we pay for. Yes things could get better, which they try and do but people have to realize is that when you have a franchise as popular as COD, where millions apon millions of people play on a daily basis, things sometimes get crazy on the server end. No prob, i get it. SIMPLE !!! That being said there are things they cannot control over time like cheaters. Yea iv come across them, yea iv gotten my ass beat but they are alwayz going to be there. People for some odd reason get their jollies off on ruining games because they can. Me ??? i dont see the point !!!!! But at the end of the day, wether its because we are bored or because of stress, we as gamers feel the need to play COD. With the addition of Clan and Ops its made the fun factor go up alot. Others maybe not so. I will buy the next one, the one after that, and probably the next. And odds are everyone will too. Because the trailers, magazines or because of adds. Deep down we want to play this game, wether its and old one or a new one. Because our friends have it and because its fun. Dont agree ??? dont buy it.....put it down....play Little Big Planet who cares. The game will live on wether millions buy it or not. They will never ever get it perfect. They will alwayz miss something that someone wants but hey theres alwayz the next one. No matter what, I alwayz seem to enjoy popping a beer and playing with my friends or just playing by myself. Its my time to unwind and just get lost in some good ole COD. In closing.......If you dont like things in it, dont use them. Dont like cheaters, change rooms. Dont like the game, dont buy it. Companies cant cater to million apon millions and expect for everyone to be happy. They can only hope that they can get close.....or somewhat. Stats dont lie, evidently this game was wanted. Just like the previous ones. PLay for you, how you want to play. Dont worry bout other peoples loadouts. JUST DO YOU !!!! Enjoy and happy killing !!!!!

Thanx

HotRodGod

• Re: Tired of hearing the trash talk !!!

tl;dr

Just ignore them, mate.

@HotRod.....Real talk! couldnt have say it better!! and yes i did read the entire post lol

HotRodGod

haha, not gunna lie, i hate reading essays too. but i just got so angry at how people can over react to a "game". i mean seriously, little digital figures making people mad enought o throw controllers and kick their own cats....hahahaha...its insane !!! thanx for the comment MTEN

I feel the same, I hope this next patch will sort things out. However you do have to question, did IW even bother testing this game properly? How could they not have missed out host lag (very obvious) in a proper test and not by private match/system link.

Next time before you write an essay, lessen the amount of caps, lessen amount of exclamation marks, for everyone's sake use pargraphs.

You made your point in the first line, so I personally didn't continue reading because I saw a lot of grammar errors and spelling mistakes. At the end of the day, if you want people to take what you've written seriously, then you have to take what you write seriously as well.

wridtrvlr

Didn't even bother, the post was too long and what about some paragraphs??  Anyway, I agree that some people take this game way too seriously and should take a chill pill.  On the other end some people just do it to get a rise out of people and see how far they can push the point.  I am a huge fan of the mute option.  If someone is being a hate monger I just mute them and move on. 

the_eon

Some of the racist comments have been quite frankly shocking. Whilst I appreciate racism still exists to hear people use it with such vitroil is quite astonishing in this day and age. People need to take a hard look at themselves...

I agree with you 100%.  When I hear people say things like referring to Mexicans as beaners, fence fairies, border bunnies, etc.  First I laugh, but then I get real angry because that stuff is offensive and needs to stop.

the_eon

In the UK the word 'Paki' gets used a lot. I even heard the 'N' word used by an American yesterday. Quite disgusting the pair of them.

I was joking.  I really don't care what people say, I just mute them.  In the forums, I just don't read it.  Here in the US people get up in arms if for example three white guys beat up a black guy.  When three black guys beat up a white guy, no one bats an eye.  Minorities cry for equal rights but until accountability standards are in place for people of all ethnic backgrounds, we just perpetuate the problems.  Enough of the hate crime BS.  A crime is a crime regardless of what cause initiated the effect.

On the OP's topic - The forums are intended to not only bring the COD gaming community together and to address issues experienced by the gaming community.  Yes, some people's approach at having problems with the game recognized my mods and/or devs may be lacking in tact, but this is why the forums are here.  You don't like it, don't read it.

wridtrvlr

The funny thing is 100% of them would never have the balls to say it to your face.  I'm a Caucasian male but it offends me when people start throwing around race.  We live in the 21st century, not the 18th.  People need to grow up. 

the_eon wrote:

Whilst I appreciate racism still exists

Just curious as to what part of racism you appreciate?  Maybe you worded it wrong but that made me think for a minute as to what you meant.

For some reason it is attaching this to your later response and not the response you said this in, not sure why...

dlundebjerg28

SUMMARY: stop b*tching about the game

See what I did there? Took you're insane wall of text and turned it into 5 words...

I do agree with you for the most part. This game definitely has some broken things about it, but so has every other CoD. I still have fun playing, and find it pretty pointless to whine constantly about the things I don't like.

Well I am definately going to stop playing COD, not for the lag comp or the poor spawns, etc. no! Now I fear that I may move to Norway and massacre a bunch of people due to my COD training.

Thesandman

Can't believe how much racist chat there is and its more prevelant with the US contributors. With all their ho, your mom,N1$$er, Sp**k etc etc.

Have to laugh at these youngsters who are big brave boys behind their mikes and keyboards.

HotRodGod

okay okay, i get it. i rambled a lil bit but i dont agree that you can sum evrything up with "stop b*ching about the game" I understand that it wasnt resume material as in grammar. I was merely trying to make a point. That im sure i did do.

Thnks to all that replied and i also hope things in the game do get somewhat better. But im using hope as strongly as i can. Keep up the good fight !!!

Snipingdbag

If people could just properly host without sync / stuttering issues especially with people leaving and insta-kill bs moments, the game wouldn't be half the mess it's now especially with a local only function. Also deathstreaks should be removed from experienced players, plus level 80 no more noob deathstreaks that ruin games constantly too.

The only way to play this game with some constancy is by having an average to low upload speed apparently so you basically never host with a proper ping. Disgraceful.

That's a lie.....I lowered my UP and I still have BS games all the time. No matter what I do, the problem never goes away. I end up in matches all day long where an enemies ACR kills me with 2 shots to the legs after I already got 5 off in his chest with mine. I raged quit out of a dome match earlier where I lost every CQ battle with a rapid fire mp7 vs various assault rifles. I wouldn't care if a guy outplayed me with his AR, but when I had the jump on him, got 6 hitmarkers, and then lose to 2 shots from an M4A1.....rage.

DaveDiamond

Well fella, I read your entire post because I was interested (kind of)

Anyone who moans about The length of a post is just angry because they start reading then think 'O look, a butterfly' I wonder what time my mum is cooking tea, what was I doing!  O look, a butterfly!

I blame a poor education and/or a lack of employment.

What makes me laugh are the contributors who post to say that they have not played MW3 in months yet they still post to moan about it, lol.

Dave

HotRodGod

Dave, i think of the same thing, minus the "tea" part. haha....Partee, iv had that problem since bout 330 this morning. MP7 with the jump on them, getting hit markers and having a FAD get me every single time. Not even joking !!! i didnt rage quit but i ended coming out 9-17. Which is totally not me.

And i cant blame my connection because its full bars all the time. Kinda though maybe buffs on AR's or something. Ive taken a break till the clan op later so i hope with a power down, cold beer and lunch it will have givin it enough time to calm down.

That way all i really have to deal with after that are the crazy boosters during the clan op.

HotRodGod

ctrl-s

Either I'm in your party, or IDGAF. Everyone else gets the pillow.