15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 11:52 PM by {bhc}max|co RSS

Open Letter To Activision/IW/SHG

{bhc}max|co

You have struck a deal with microsoft  giving exclusitivity and priority to dlc content for cod franchise.

We PC gamers would like you to exclude us from this deal, since we are NOT a xbox console format.

We pay 100's of dollars/pounds more on our gaming machines than any xbox would ever cost, so we deserve to be treated seperatly to that monstrosity of a console machine.

We SHOULD NOT have to suffer THIER IWNET P2P way of connecting to a game, this has left us wide open to viruses and exploitation that xbox doesnt have.

OUR PC's hold vital information regarding lifestyles that an shitbox does not have,

We DEMAND a return to RANKED DEDI SERVERS, which altho can have haxors(like iwnet) would mean our pc's are safer from exploitations when connected to a common dedi rather than p2p

ITS TIME FOR YOU TO PUT THINGS RIGHT AND STOP TREATING US LIKE TRAILER TRASH

i'LL BET THIS IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS , NONE OF YOU DEVS ARE REGULAR PC GAMERS ON MW3 , your "backend" is as open as old pro's legs down @ the docks..

• Re: Open Letter To Activision/IW/SHG
    poison_pawn

+1

spkTKay

Yesterday I saw mw 3 for the first time on pc and guess what?

You´re right with the cheating point it´s nearly unplayable.

On the other hand I ´ve to say that you obviously don´t know much about the console gamers (that´s ok!).

When you put your money argument that way I have to say you´re totally wrong.

You "only" spend your money on the game and maybe elite but that it.

So I´ll have to say where´s your part?

We, the xbox community, spend every month money to have a good working system, usually it costs 60 $ / € or more when you buy the membership the usual way.

Only from that point, the xbox community demands the best treatment of all plattforms.

On the other hand I must admit that this unequal treatment really sucks because even pc or ps 3 have their games where they have and advantage.

Finally I think we, the gamer community, should stick together instead of looking for our personal advantage.

{bhc}max|co

im not getting at xbox as much as i'm getting at the devs for forcing us to play on a format that we do not want ,and that is totally unsafe for our pc systems to use, what is so hard to understand? you have your right to play on xbox stlye of system, we dont, were being FORCED to play p2p, and its DANGEROUS to our very pricy gaming machines.. its time the DEVS TOOK HEED OF THIS, coz we pc gamers will not buy another product from them that uses p2p over dedi servers..  edit** we dont "only " spend on the game, some of us custom build our pc's to handle high end games, this means more ram, graphics cards proccessor power etc, and this my friend costs a lot of money.. activision have dumbed down the pc experience for no real reason other than to force those who know no better to gom buy a xbox, ps you have a pc? correct? you pay for internet? correct? why the hell do you pay to use your own net by giving extra to xbox live, this to me makes no sense at all..

spkTKay

Hopefully they do something about it!

When you look at the selling charts you should see how tiny the number on pc is, they have to do something about it.

PS: you can be a little lucky that you don´t have to struggle with origin (bf3)!

They dev a system for pc where they could controll every file (mp3s, vids, progs), every little action you do (surfin, writing whatever).

The only chance of not giving information to them was to uninstall the game and never put it in again!

To your xblive point with the extra money.

I know it´s looks very stupid but ms actually delivers the best service on all plattforms.

A broken controller? No need to send in the old one, we simply send you a new one (without seeing anything from the old one)!

You can do party/ingame/video chats, watch hd movies and much more.

AND they spend the money for "exclusive" dlc content to get it first (what I don´t like at all).

If you buy the membership my way (on ebay) it costs only 30 € for a full year and that´s absolutely worth it.

poison_pawn

spkTKay wrote:

Yesterday I saw mw 3 for the first time on pc and guess what?

You´re right with the cheating point it´s nearly unplayable.

On the other hand I ´ve to say that you obviously don´t know much about the console gamers (that´s ok!).

When you put your money argument that way I have to say you´re totally wrong.

You "only" spend your money on the game and maybe elite but that it.

So I´ll have to say where´s your part?

We, the xbox community, spend every month money to have a good working system, usually it costs 60 $ / € or more when you buy the membership the usual way.

Only from that point, the xbox community demands the best treatment of all plattforms.

On the other hand I must admit that this unequal treatment really sucks because even pc or ps 3 have their games where they have and advantage.

Finally I think we, the gamer community, should stick together instead of looking for our personal advantage.

Go back to your console: troll

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You made your choice; and we will make ours.

you go ahead and keep shelling moneys out, to play on you inferior game box.

We don't need it; and we will take our business else where.

do you remember good times in cod4 or previous call of duty which had servers and there you had your rules and you could ban hackers every time. I want servers back.

Scorch94

I support this letter. +1

I don't know why you are demanding anything. Demanding won't help, that will just make them care less. We have to ask them over and over again. If you go to the forums for any other game, you will see one thread that has a bunch of posts. It's usually sort of a "petition" to fix something in the game. We should do something like this and see if Infinty Ward responds. If they say no, whatever. But if they say yes, then it was worth all the wait. Of course it's not all gonna happen overnight. It's gonna take a while, but it'll most likely happen.

I don't think they could care less! We would be in negative numbers if it was possible for them to care less.

Also, look around the forums here. There are several posts petitioning that the game be fixed. We have all been there, done that and signed several of them. Nothing happens. Basically, this forum is just an area where we can vent knowing full well that no one from the Trifecta of Evil is reading it. And if they do happen to read our posts, they don't give a sh!t... because nothing is ever fixed.

What used to happen was a Cod game was released to the PC user, we would then feedback, and a fix was produced, that was how it worked, the Cod game was always full of holes, glitches etc and as a thank you? the devs would put the odd map pack in the update.  But times are changing, since the game moved over to consols they have found they can make monies from it?  so they now release Map Packs with the updates and fixes. so what IW are saying if you want the game fixed get a map pack

PS Microsoft my have a deal, with IW for map packs because the Xbox is a Microsoft Product but what of the 1000s of operating systems we all have, my copy of Vista cost more than an Xbox on its own, never mind Microsoft Office I use that cost me over £300.

{bhc}max|co

RANKED DEDI SERVERS FTW

Since the Trifecta of Evil will not fix this game on PC... we want what was promised to us before the game launched...

WE WANT RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS WITH RCON TOOLS, NOW!!!

{bhc}max|co

f0nZi3 wrote:

Since the Trifecta of Evil will not fix this game on PC... we want what was promised to us before the game launched...

WE WANT RANKED DEDICATED SERVERS WITH RCON TOOLS, NOW!!!

+1

Also despite a moderators "threats" , we pc gamers WILL not buy another activision cod title , unless it has ranked dedicated servers and proper rcon tools, ( even with these, im of the opinion to bypass bo2, coz you didnt even fix mw2,instead you took down the only site that did fix it,alteriwnet, now you wont fix mw3), why should we buy another broken product?

cosense

{bhc}max|co wrote:

You have struck a deal with microsoft  giving exclusitivity and priority to dlc content for cod franchise.

We PC gamers would like you to exclude us from this deal, since we are NOT a xbox console format.

We pay 100's of dollars/pounds more on our gaming machines than any xbox would ever cost, so we deserve to be treated seperatly to that monstrosity of a console machine.

We SHOULD NOT have to suffer THIER IWNET P2P way of connecting to a game, this has left us wide open to viruses and exploitation that xbox doesnt have.

OUR PC's hold vital information regarding lifestyles that an shitbox does not have,

We DEMAND a return to RANKED DEDI SERVERS, which altho can have haxors(like iwnet) would mean our pc's are safer from exploitations when connected to a common dedi rather than p2p

ITS TIME FOR YOU TO PUT THINGS RIGHT AND STOP TREATING US LIKE TRAILER TRASH

i'LL BET THIS IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS , NONE OF YOU DEVS ARE REGULAR PC GAMERS ON MW3 , your "backend" is as open as old pro's legs down @ the docks..

+1