16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 12:04 PM by poison_pawn RSS

Moving away from Cod altogether and bye bye from me

Well we have had a clan meeting, to see what game we were moving back to? Black Ops, or Cod 4, but after hours and hours we are moving away from anything COD after this farce "don't get me wrong it's a good game" of no ranked dedicated servers and lag lobby full of hackers, so we have canceled our MW3 server and moving on.

What is sad it was Cod that created our clan, but that's history now and this will be my last post on this forum so it's bye bye from me and good luck with getting any issues you may have with the game and IW sorted.

• Re: Moving away from Cod altogether and bye bye from me

If you're really gonna stop playing a GAME because of no dedicated servers and because of hackers, you are one true idiot. ALL games on PC have hackers and not all the games on PC have dedicated servers. Plus, it's a video game. Have fun with it.

{bhc}max|co

As a clan i'm sure one day we will do the same, move away from cod, but in the meantime we still have our excellent cod4 (mw2v5) modded server to keep us going, mappers are still creating great maps on cod 4 ,some are replicas of mw2/bo and hopefully some of the decent mw3 maps... as long as this server is alive and kicking , we will stick to cod4..

but mw3 is the LAST activision game i will ever buy..

wierd worlds are these

My clan has dumped Cod fully as well simply because not everyone is interested in Cod 4 anymore.

None of them are interested in even trying MW3 on a dedicated server because it's not a ranked server and to be honest because, it doesn't have tanks etc but that is because most of them cannot play without vehicles, which is why I probably going to leave the clan to be honest.

All that they play is Battlefield 3, and while I really do like the game it's just boring when you can't spawn because of the vehicles and cannot destroy them without, being in another vehicle.

I mentioned Black Op's 2, to them the other night and they all just said "NO NOT INTERESTED IN ANOTHER COD GAME", I will see what it's like but I cannot see it becoming a decent game.

Looking forward more towards MOH Warfighter.

Yep, totally looking forward to "Metal of Honor: Warfighter" too. Hopefully, they will have Dedicated and Ranked Servers (or else I will not be buying the game). If they do it right, MoH will be the huge nail in the coffin of CoD on PC.

It's difficult for me to understand why someone hasn't stepped up and made a game and system that really works... and I mean lately. Why don't they learn from the past and present and look at what people want and are doing? It's a crazy world man. COD is ripe to be replaced, and I don't think it would have to be more sophisticated to do so. I think folks just want to run around and shoot each other and/or while pursuin an objective

I hear ya man.

It doesn't have to have the best graphics or have a "revolutionary new groundbreaking _______ (whatever)". It just needs to play well and be supported and have a company that cares about the player base and is willing to listen and improve based on feedback.

We have none of this from the Trifecta of Evil.

im close to giving cod up to....

poison_pawn

I have to disagree with you guys on that: I tried getting my clan to take a look at red orchestra ll, which is a stellar game; and only a handful of them even looked at it, and didn't play long.

And I think the reason for this is, people expect, bells and whistles, and modern content.

Which I see as a catch 22: the more crap they try to lay on it (Elite stat tracking etc..) the more unstable the game becomes.

If more people where happy just to join a server (without having to login though a third party( and this goes for EA origins as well) games could have much more "content" with out allocating so much resource to the third parties. (and we wouldn't have all this "can't login to steam, server unavailable game full of hackers..blah...blah...blah; what do I do? BS.

And it would lessen the incentive, for these moral degenerates, to resort to their shenanigans.

Simply put: I just want to get back to GAMING

Yeah man I hear that. I said it back when Steam went live and forced us to use it when I was playing Half-Life TDM. People are going to get really frustrated when they cannot play because Steam goes down, and I was right. From day one of Steam's launch, there were issues with it preventing people from playing their game or finding servers.

The whole reason I don't like playing BF3 is because of the web interface required to launch the game and Origin. Hell, you can't even setup your controls in BF3 the way you want without joining a match in progress. If it takes you longer than 5 minutes to get things setup, you get booted and if you didn't save in that time, you're back to square one and have to do it ALL over again.

wierd worlds are these

What we need is a new Medal Of Honor that is a evolution of the old Medal Of Honors games that were a real pain in the side of the Call Of Duty games.

If they was to make the new MOH games multi player the same as the previous games but not the last one, where they just copied BFBC2 and slapped a new name on the tin then it would kill COD on the pc instantly.

If I had the knowledge, time and skill to develop a engine, and a game that played as good as COD 4 with better graphic's but the same abillity for people to create map's I would, but I simply do not have the time or skill to do it.

I did get hold of the ID Tech UDK and tried it but I just couldn't get my brain around how to use it, and with no decent tutorials around it was impossible for me to learn.

My clan would be interested in a game that I was able to make because they know what my standards are like for a decent game, and the problem is Call Of Duty and Battlefield are just not cutting it.

Crysis 2 came close but not many people in the clan are actually interested in it because of the original crysis game.

poison_pawn

{bhc}max|co wrote:

As a clan i'm sure one day we will do the same, move away from cod, but in the meantime we still have our excellent cod4 (mw2v5) modded server to keep us going, mappers are still creating great maps on cod 4 ,some are replicas of mw2/bo and hopefully some of the decent mw3 maps... as long as this server is alive and kicking , we will stick to cod4..

but mw3 is the LAST activision game i will ever buy..

I was running that mod: but wen't back to the original OW, the OW2 just seemed to buggy.

seemed to crash the server alot. but it was 1.4; maybe i'll give it another chance with v5.

how do you think it runs, is it more stable now?

{bhc}max|co

cod is like the titanic, everyone is ABANDONING this SINKING SHIP

{bhc}max|co

and me, goodbye fellow fighters