33 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 10:03 AM by half-megatron RSS

Type 95 resurgence

WKMMS

I've noticed a massive increase in usage of the T95 in the last few days, even coming across entire teams all running with T95s, which is very annoying.  Now there's no question that everyone can use whatever gun they want, but it's a pain in the ass having to constantly pull out my anti-T95 class, which basically involves me using a T95, which I don't like to do.  Has anyone else seen much of the noobiest gun in noobtown or is it just my bad luck?

• Re: Type 95 resurgence

I like turtles.

OMFG yes every game I join Type-95 are all I see in the killfeed just this weekend it increased 10 fold more then ever before.

xbevz

Bad luck I'd think, I can't say the same, I rarely see anyone using it these days.

Rednecksniper39

I see alot of MP7/ACR's but not alot of types anymore.

I haven't noticed more T95 than usual.  A couple of guys I play with are pretty deadly with them (and they are with other guns)... they love running it with rapid fire and thermal.

I'm so-so with it and probably need to play around with it... but it's second on the AR list to futz with after the MK14, which I'm going to dedicate some time to get good at in this prestige.  And the FAD has me interested, as it's the most SMG of the ARs.

You know what I DID notice the last few days?  Akimbo freakin FMGs.

Those seemed to have disappeared for a while and then all of a sudden... they were everywhere in the clan op the other night (Friday?) and in the tighter maps for Kill Confirmed and DZ last night.

By far, that's the noobiest gun in the game.  T95 actually requires you to aim.

gallp13

Agree increase in T95 most sub P10 folks. I don't care....my MK14 does the trick.

JBurn244

It's because of Double XP. The scrubs, campers, and try-hards are out in force. Even Domination was overrun by scrubs. Shame.

I totally know what you mean. I have seen it a bunch in the past few days. I agree with JBurn244 that it is probably because of double xp. I just stuff them and shut them up with my MK14, I have it completely maxed out:)

that6uy420

so you are mad about a 3rd burst weapon...  and you are calling the users of said gun noobs... lmao

WKMMS

no - the noobiest gun in noobtown was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but I don't think I made that clear enough in the post.. mea culpa.  No problem with burst fire weapons at all.  Just got a pain in my butt that day with it seeming to be everywhere I looked and having to fight fire with fire as it were, being that bit more limited in how I had to play it.  And I'd hardly seen that gun in the past couple of months, so it was a bit surprising when it was suddenly everywhere I looked.  But not mad about the 3 bursts, the M16 is the weapon I have the 2nd highest KDR with.

codchamp

I see it everyday. because that is all i use. Get over it.

shmedlywilcox88

You do realize, the only serious advantage of this gun in mid to long range right?  If you are in CQB and you don't get all 3 rounds in with the first trigger pull you're most likely dead right? And since they raised the spread, you have to have a little skill to make that happen. Last I checked, most of the maps are small so you wouldn't have much of an advantage unless you were a pretty good shot!  Noob gun?  I think not.

anoreo

I love it when T95 users think they have loads of skill because they are using a burst weapon. Said kids also go negative when they try to use an M16. Love it.

codchamp

No one ever complained about the Famas in MW2. But yet if you go back and play that game, you will see the Type 95 is a carbon copy on how the Famas performed in that game. The T95 sucks in CQC unless you got some skill and are quick. From a distance it is ok, but takes at least 2-3 burst to kill from a long distance. The only thing that makes this gun king beast is mid range and that you have to actually Aim down sight with it. So most of the time you are going to win the fight with it. i feel it is the best all around gun in the game and it should be used by more players. If it was than i would suck.

adw1983

Watch 1 MLG game from MW2.
      What weapon did 7-10 of the players who get PAID to play use?

FAMAS.

The Type 95 is absurdly good, but thanks to people not hitting, and then the hits not registering when they actually hit on their own screens, it becomes kind of bad.

The M16 in CoD4 is blatantly overpowered, but it needed stopping power to become overpowered.
      It was overpowered because it could two hit kill at 925 RPM up to 37.5 meters.

Type 95 two hit kills up to 24 meters, which is very weak compared to the M16 in CoD4 and the FAMAS in MW2 which two hit killed much further in CoD4 and MW2.

BUT it three-hit-kills up to 38 meters, so it's not too bad.
      Compare that to M16 which three hit kills up to 39 meters, meaning the Type 95 is better than M16 up to 38 meters, and worse after 45 meters where Type 95 five hit kills while the M16 continues to four hit kill after 39 meters.

It is ONLY the lack of consistency in hit detection and the maze-like layout of the maps that prevent the use of the Type 95.

that6uy420

adw1983 wrote:

Watch 1 MLG game from MW2.
        What weapon did 7-10 of the players who get PAID to play use?

FAMAS.

The Type 95 is absurdly good, but thanks to people not hitting, and then the hits not registering when they actually hit on their own screens, it becomes kind of bad.

The M16 in CoD4 is blatantly overpowered, but it needed stopping power to become overpowered.
        It was overpowered because it could two hit kill at 925 RPM up to 37.5 meters.

Type 95 two hit kills up to 24 meters, which is very weak compared to the M16 in CoD4 and the FAMAS in MW2 which two hit killed much further in CoD4 and MW2.

BUT it three-hit-kills up to 38 meters, so it's not too bad.
        Compare that to M16 which three hit kills up to 39 meters, meaning the Type 95 is better than M16 up to 38 meters, and worse after 45 meters where Type 95 five hit kills while the M16 continues to four hit kill after 39 meters.

It is ONLY the lack of consistency in hit detection and the maze-like layout of the maps that prevent the use of the Type 95.

the famas in MW2 was far better than the full auto piece that was the BO famas...  I found the FAL to be far better, imo, in MW2 than the FNFAL on BO. The M16, for me, has been great on all three games so far. Then again.. I found hitboxes on MW2 to be a lot larger than they were on BO.  I liked the feel of the smaller hitboxes on Black Ops since it gave a little bit more of a realistic feel... no headshots from shooting a foot type stuff.

highlandsparky

I can't say I agree, I've not being seeing this gun at all in recent games played. ACR and MP7 are the more frequent ones, I see fellow players using.

I don't mean to try to troll but. I play like 8hours a day or more almost "yes no life,   And i see one Type95 for about every 24 ACR/MP7  . I see a type about every 3 to 7 lobbies. i play moshpit. TDM. Elite Moshpit. Dom. and groundwar. So my gametypes do vary.

codchamp

I kept a eye on what people were using lastnight after seeing this thread. I saw 1 T95 except for me the entire night. There were 3 weapons that really stood out, because it really all i was seeing. #1 MP7. Everyone is running this gun and it really seems like the untalked about OP'd weapon in this game. #2 was the ACR. It is a good gun and well balanced so really no complaints. #3 as usual is the dreaded akimbo FMG's. Plenty still running them. Just more or less depends on the map.

WKMMS

yeah, I've hardly seen any T95s since my original post, so I guess it was just my luck at the time that I got stuck in so many games in a row where I was up against almost all T95s. 

That is just something I personally found annoying, because it made the games feel so repetitive to me.  I don't even like to play on the same map twice in a row .  But that's just me. 

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It might just be your luck. I have the same luck whenever I look into a clock. It doesn't matter if it's the clock on my computer, smartphone, or the wallclock but I have a very high chance that the time will be xHour:13. It's the number 13 that stalks and creeps me out for some reason.