26 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2012 4:37 PM by gunnerdear RSS

50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?

I have good internet, I did a ping test and it tells me I have 32 ping and grades it as 'A' and says I will have the best gaming online experience available, and as far back as MW2 (Not that far I know!) I have always, or pretty much, had 50 ping games, apat from early/late games where I might hit a 75 ping game but whatever. Since I bought the map pack for WM3 I never, ever get a 50 ping game now? Goes to 50, straight past it, might get a 75, or then goes to 100, I back out of the lobby and start a new search. I have even tried to get a game with the MP disabled, nope to 50, then goes 75 and I drop into a lobby. So how do I tell if I'm in a 50 ping, or worse, because with lag comp and host I struggle to tell these days. And does any one know why getting the MP messes up the ping so bad, even with it turned off?

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?

    I have the same problem i have elite and got the maps early but not many really played them. Then when they released collection one i have had trouble with matchmaking, There is suppose to be a patch due out by the end of the month to fix this issue. I very rarely get a 50ms ping game it always puts me in 75ms ping since the map release. And sometimes i have to back out and start again as it will not find games. I sure hope this patch fixes it or this game will go down as one of the biggest failures in gaming. In the last month i have gone back to black ops and have no problem finding a game and getting a good score, sure it's a bit laggy at times but it still runs smoother then MW3.

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    avngr9

    Same here.  Used to always get put into 50 ping games but took a couple months off from playing.  Started it back up a few weeks ago when I got a new ISP and was dissappointed to see I was now being thrown into 75 ping games.  Thinking it might be my new ISP, I plugged in my old ISP (which hadn't been disconnected yet) and got the same results.

     

    While my experience isn't noticeably different, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    ghostsniper2010

    same her and my ping on ping test is 17 i got 60MB download 2.98MB upload

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    killerconfirmed

    Well...i thought i was alone on this....i get high as 125 ping games. used to get 50 ping matches all the time...not since the patch though.

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    TheRandyNinja

    same here had this bs all night cant be bothered to wait for a patch to try and salvage this game been long enough since release and nothing but the same old problems good ridence see you all in BO2 at least treyarch can make a game better thab IW/Sledgehammer/Raven

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    maccabi

     

    monkianolog wrote:

     

    I have good internet, I did a ping test and it tells me I have 32 ping and grades it as 'A' and says I will have the best gaming online experience available, and as far back as MW2 (Not that far I know!) I have always, or pretty much, had 50 ping games, apat from early/late games where I might hit a 75 ping game but whatever. Since I bought the map pack for WM3 I never, ever get a 50 ping game now? Goes to 50, straight past it, might get a 75, or then goes to 100, I back out of the lobby and start a new search. I have even tried to get a game with the MP disabled, nope to 50, then goes 75 and I drop into a lobby. So how do I tell if I'm in a 50 ping, or worse, because with lag comp and host I struggle to tell these days. And does any one know why getting the MP messes up the ping so bad, even with it turned off?

     

     

    search works by incremental steps of  0-50, 0-75, 0-100 ect so even though it says 75 for example it can still drop you into a 50 session,

    the reason you get longer searches with dlc enabled is the lower player count with the dlc and they have set matchmaking to a wider area to account for this.

     

    basically nothing you can do about it

     

    also please remember ping is a measurement NOT a static number it changes depending what server and where that server is

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    ghorman

    When you are testing your ping make sure its to a site around 1000 miles away.  If you use a closer one it will give you a lower number but your host not always close.

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    indy56

    i know some of you guys are more clued up on this ,so can you tell me if this is a decent ping test result please, as i have no understanding of this tech stuff

    packet loss 0 %

    ping    19 ms

    jitter    7 ms

     

    thanks in advance.

    • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
      maccabi

      indy56 wrote:

       

      i know some of you guys are more clued up on this ,so can you tell me if this is a decent ping test result please, as i have no understanding of this tech stuff

      packet loss 0 %

      ping    19 ms

      jitter    7 ms

       

      thanks in advance.

      first look slightly worrying..

      you obviously pinged to a server close by hence the low ping but then to have 7ms jitter on a short ping is hmmmmm ... (jitter is variation between repeated pings to same server)

       

      what ya need to remember with ping is its back and forth, so if you have a 10ms ping it could be 5ms there and 5 back or 2 there and 8ms back..

       

      if your going to test line quality and ping always best to test on a pingtest and get a few results.. pref from a server close by, really far away and one in the middle it gives a better result for someone to look at

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?

    I get 50 games all the time but I'm one of the only ones with a 4bar, some even have a 1 bar???

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?

    This Game is almost unplayable for me I live in the uk always end up in euorpen lobbys

    37mbps download

    7mbps upload

     

    0% Packet loss

    28ms Ping

    2ms Jitter                  server distance 350miles

     

     

    0% Packet loss

    44ms Ping

    8ms Jitter                  server distance 650miles

     

     

    3% Packet loss

    145ms Ping

    10ms Jitter                  server distance 3650miles

     

    could someone gave me feed back on these resaults, MW2 I shoot firsts i got a kill, Blops I shoot first i got a kill, MW3 i shoot half a mag i die

    • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
      maccabi

      smoke&fly wrote:

       

      This Game is almost unplayable for me I live in the uk always end up in euorpen lobbys

      37mbps download

      7mbps upload

       

      0% Packet loss

      28ms Ping

      2ms Jitter                  server distance 350miles

       

       

      0% Packet loss

      44ms Ping

      8ms Jitter                  server distance 650miles

       

       

      3% Packet loss

      145ms Ping

      10ms Jitter                  server distance 3650miles

       

      could someone gave me feed back on these resaults, MW2 I shoot firsts i got a kill, Blops I shoot first i got a kill, MW3 i shoot half a mag i die

      £5 says you're on virgin

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    codchamp

    It may because not many in your area have the map pack. So it is forcing you to find games further away than normal. I ave to say i have a great connection and when playing with friends 3,000 miles away and 150+ MS lobbies, I dont really see a difference

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    papaxs

    You need to ping different servers, I can ping the LA sever and get 22ms and then ping a server in Denver and get 70ms or even a Florida server.

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    HelghasSpartan

    i have a 15ms ping from milwaukee to chicago and i still join games that are 100ms+ ping.

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    myevo8you

    I live in KY and here is my situation. I CANNOT play MW3, and have not since about 3rd week after it's release. The lag comp is awful and I just will not play in an unfair environment.

     

    Server distance 50 miles

     

    Ping 2ms, jitter 1ms, packet loss 0

     

     

    Server Distance 500 miles

     

    Ping 11 ms, jitter 2 ms, packet loss 0

     

     

     

    Server distance 2,300 miles (california)

     

    Ping 19 ms jitter 4 ms, packet loss 0

     

     

     

    Needless to say I get host almost every match. When I join a lobby, I CANNOT get into a lobby that has under 150ms ping. I have been in SEVERAL matches where ALL players have 3 bar connections or less. Even the host had 3 bars.

    • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
      Mystical_Gaming

      yeah I quit playing multiplayer becasue the lag comp is so bad. I played Black Ops just yesterday and for the most part had 2.0 k/d matches all the way through. In MW3 however the lag is so bad for me I'm lucky if I get a 3 kill streak anymore. I just play survival mode now.

      • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
        zoltan23

        I too noticed the extreme difficulty finding low ping games lately, jumped on BO and lo and behold got right inot a game before it even finished searching 50 ping games and although my BO gameplay is way off from not playing it was running great.  Amazed that every year the matchmaking gets worse.  Go back to MW1 matchmaking and leave it alone please.

  • Re: 50 ping, 75 ping, 100 ping...?
    gunnerdear

    Where do you live is it possible that due to the fact that when the New Map packs are enabled MW3 is looking for lobbies that also have the map pack and there are just not that many close to you during the time you are trying to find a match. So it brodens the search to lobbies farther away which means your ping to host will be higher.

     

    If you disable the mappack and you do get a better ping it means you are connecting to a host more local to you.

     

    The distance the host is from you has much more to do with ping rate then your bandwidth as 3mbs is plenty of bandwidth for the small packets of data used by MW3 but if your ping is higher then 50ms you may have issues (the best lobbies is whe EVERYONE in the lobby can get a 50ms or better connetion to the host and that is best if everyone lives close to each other.

     

    For me the biggest problems I have are in ClanOPs as our clan has members all from West coast to East coast US and everywhwer in between So someone is goin to have a slow ping to the host. And then the lag comp kicks in to try and even it out everyone and it is not a exact since from moment to moment trafic on the net can cause pings rate to very.