1 2 3 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 8:03 AM by maccabi RSS

So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?

Price for Elite $50

Subscribers in February 1,5 Million

Income from Elite $75 Million $

Cost to produce 20 maps under 1 Million $.

Who is winning here? And who gets scammed? And who gets the other 74 Million $?

Dont get me wrong I love the offline multiplayer options with friends at home. I love the new survival mode. I even like the new maps kinda. But why did I spend $50 on something, that has a 1$ value ?

I feel scammed. It doesnt make it better that we only got 4 maps as of now on ps3.

Even tho we fully paid like half a year ago.

You know a fair price is always if the production and sales get like half of the earnings and the customer maybe pays 4 times more than the actual costs, so that would be a price that is fair to everybody. But paying $50 yet you only get a value of 1$ does sound like the biggest scam in videogame history ever cos you overpay by factor 50.

Yes no one forces me to buy COD. No one forces me to buy Elite. But I sadly feel like this is the end in my CALL OF DUTY history. I rather not buy any of the Activision products again because this just doesnt feel right. Time to find a girl and play with her... For free. (Just dont marry!).

Bye Cod.

• 1. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?
    Cheezbrger

Man if I only had a dollar every time I said "Bye Cod"
    Then I'd be the one with the $75 Million

• 2. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?

Not everybody is like you. I get really mad when I feel scammed and this is enough reason for me to quit COD.

• 3. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?
    Izjar11

I hate to bash someones thread but you should know better! This is a business, you bought a service (broken or not) and you paid what they (market) are asking for! You realize that your cost function terminology is very of. Stay in school maybe one day you will be able to create a game and charge what you want and get PAID as they did.

• 4. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?

So you would pay $50 for a phone that costs 1$ to make ? and if its a nice phone and you bought it anyway and you only realize later you paid 49$ too much cos its worth only 1$... Would you buy from that company again?

I dont even mind we cannot get a refund or sell ELITE. Because I was going to buy Black Ops2. And MW4. But I wont. So I save 120$ for the games plus 100$ for Elite that is 220$. See? If Activision didnt scam us in the first place they would make even better business long term. I absolutely know that the Blops2 Sales will be pretty bad. Already now MW3 is not selling as expected (except for the launch).

Activision are now only map dealers bringing only minor tweaks, some new script for campaign but mainly its about the maps. So you buy Blops2 to finally get some good maps. They are only map dealers. It is a scam. I wont support it anymore and I know more and more people are realizing this. Of course there is always some losers who have nothing in life but playing some videogame. They will always buy it. Some even buy Tony Hawk still. But in the END.... Ripping off customers with overpriced maps will lead to ruin. Maybe not this year. Maybe not next year. But it will happen cos people are just not happy with COD anymore look at any forum.

• 5. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?
    SheSaidNo

That's just good business.  I mean, there's still a lot of other things to account for that would bring that total revenue down.  But still, it's good to be the king. 

If you can learn anything from this it's not, "Don't buy another CoD product."  It's, "What can I create to get everyone to buy?"

• 6. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?

So you agree they are scamming the biggest COD Supporters to make tons of millions of Dollars with little map packs?

And you would want to do the same? Do you also cheat on your wife and steal from your parents?! Just wondering.

If you want to learn something look at the game, but definately not the "elite" scam where you get 1$ for 50$ you pay.

• 7. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?
    SheSaidNo

Well I'm a little too old to be stealing from my parents considering they live off me now.  But back when I was six I took some quarters from my dad to go play some video games...

Anyway, I'm not sure if you understood what I meant.  And I'm not one to argue over the internet because that hardly ever goes anywhere.  But this is just capitalism at it's best.  They have a great franchise that's got a lot of fans.  So they've made a lot of money off it.  Of course I understand what you're saying, and most likely everyone who feels burned by their lack of product fullfillment will not buy another game or renew their Elite subscription.  That's the other half of how this business works. 

I'm just saying, I'd love to come up with a great idea that I can mass produce and sell.  Because those percentages of what goes into making a game, or for that matter, product, are about standard. 

• 8. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?

mpetric wrote:

So you would pay $50 for a phone that costs 1$ to make ? and if its a nice phone and you bought it anyway and you only realize later you paid 49$ too much cos its worth only 1$... Would you buy from that company again?

erm... Apple iPhone

• 9. Re: So only 1$ of every $50 spent on ELITE goes into map design?

Well if you truly understood business then you would know its not about the idea its about doing it. Because everyone got great ideas but most never make them a reality. Cos they are busy playing overpriced maps or complaining like I am just doing here.

Ok. Yes. COD is a great franchise for the owners whoever they are. And unlike other videogames it does produce a lot of money. But seriously scamming your greatest supporters by giving them a couple of maps for the price of another full game? If Elite would deliver 50 Maps, wouldnt many more people buy it? Or if it was just 20$? I mean do you want 1,5 Million unhappy customers or 10 Million happy customers?

So even tho you seem to worship Activision they majorly f***** up with Elite because they deliver almost no value.  Yeah they tricked many people. Like by saying you save money compared to buying the map packs seperate. But most people never buy all map packs. if you get fed up with COD in June or want to spend more time with your girlfriend you only got 6 Maps for your 50$. Sure you dont have to buy Elite in the first place, but what if you did and regret it? You lost a customer for life.

1 2 3 Previous Next