18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 12:33 AM by aPuppy RSS

Why do people say we have to qucikscope for One vs One

redx165

Im starting to get annoyed when people ask you to face them one on one. But then they say you have to quickscope. Whats the point in facing someone that beat you and make them use a sniper. If we played in a lobby and we won, the kid/guy said one v one me. I say ok. Then he says quickscoping. What he too scared to face me with a real gun and not a sniper?

~THE NOOB KILLER

• Re: Why do people say we have to qucikscope for One vs One

I'm gonna take it a step further and say I don't get the point of a 1v1 at all.

I've been challenged to so many 1v1 in MW3, and everytime its after I have a good game against some dumbass who was talking sh*t in the pregame lobby. He calls me a camper, tryhard or other generic CoD insult, and when I simply point out he's just upset that he lost, I get the "I'd kick your ass in a 1v1"

What is the point of a 1v1? Doesn't prove anything, other than the fact that you take getting your ass kicked in a public match way too seriously

He can say that if YOU  call him trash and etc. If he wants to 1v1 you, man up and take the challenge, because chances are, if he is going tryhard, he will kick your ***. 1v1's DO PROVE SOMETHING, BUT NOT EVERYTHING.

No a 1v1 doesn't prove anything. A 1v1 proves the kid challenging is butthurt about getting his ass kicked, period.

Have you ever beat a team, then challenged a kid you killed 10 times during the match to a 1v1? No. You only challenge someone to a 1v1 when you're mad you just got dominated.

Like I said, 1v1s don't prove anything. I've done maybe 10 1v1s in MW3 and they almost always end in the other kid rage quitting.  Not because I'm good, but because I use the Barrett or I'm hacking or some other BS excuse about why I killed him 2 times so he ended the match. 1v1s simply prove someone is mad they got their ass kicked

I don't know why you have to quickscope. And even when we do use guns, I have only had 2 people out of like 10 every do a completely FAIR 1v1. I've had people end the game once they CHEAT to take the lead. And by cheating, I mean using things that we agreed on not being used, but they don't disable it in case they start losing. I am apparently only part of the 0.00000000000000000000009% of people who actually are MAN enough to do a FAIR and LEGIT 1v1.And btw, I am talking about when we use guns, not quickscoping. As for why people have to quickscope in 1v1s, I guess its only because THEY KNOW THEY ARE GOING TO GET BEAT USING REAL GUNS. THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS THAT PEOPLE SET UP 1V1s IN THEIR FAVOR.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you've never won a 1v1

You're the loudmouth who comes into a lobby and talks trash immediately, then loses goes horribly negative and blames something stupid like lag or camping. Then you actually get someone to 1v1 you, and again you make excuses for losing.

Seriously dude, its a video game. There are no ethics, there is no way to be a "man" and have a fair 1v1. Someone (like you) will always cry when they lose. Take the tampon out, accept the fact that people are better than you at the game and move on.

First of all, I'm 16-2 at 1v1's. Accept the fact that people are better than you at a game, and move on. It's not my fault you suck at 1v1's. Don't make excuses you 12 year old! You sound like those tweens(like you) that cry every time they lose. Thanks for being an ***

16-2? Wow thats absolutely amazing. Whats more amazing is the fact that you care enough to keep track of that kind of stuff. Just a question, did you update your resume to include "16-2 all time in MW3 1v1s" because thats definitely something people care about. You seriously are one of the saddest, most pathetic people I've ever commented to on the forums.

I'm not 12, nor do I cry when I lose. I'll be the first to admit that I'm average at best at this game. I own noobs, do decent against average players, and get slaughtered by good players. Its a video game, I could honestly care less about how good I am at it, since I play to have fun.

redx165

I always win 1v1 unless they start cheating ( breaking rules that we agree on ). I just want to know why it has to be quickscoping. Like everyone else i use regular guns. Im not a big fan of snipers and it takes the fun away for me if i HAVE to quickscope.

~THE NOOB KILLER

but honestly how many times are you the one challenging someone to a 1v1?

I can not ever think of a circumstance where I've been beaten by someone and then they challenged me to a 1v1. The only time I hear "1v1 me bro" or get a message saying the same thing is after I just ran train on team and its usually from some kid at the bottom of the scoreboard.

I'm not saying everyone who does 1v1s sucks, and I'm not saying people who care about them typically lose them, I'm just saying they are pretty pointless.

redx165

The only time im challenge for a 1v1 is when i destroy them in the lobby. 9/10 when i face them i get M.O.A.B. But that's with regular guns. I find it more boring quickscoping. I mean why quickscoping. If i beat you with regular guns then why not use regular guns? I  never challenge no one cause it doesn't prove a thing.

~THE NOOB KILLER

jwaller123

I don't understand this either. If you beat them in a game already, chances are pretty good you will do it again. They just want you to use what they are good at so that you will lose. It's like what I do to my sons sometimes when they play me on splitscreen. They will own me with 99% of the weapons on this game, so, I have to limit their abilities so that I can at least kille them a couple times. Lol.

Snipingdbag

Let him Qs then and use a real gun yourself. I prefer a challenge myself in an one on one. It's also pretty meaningless though more accurate than in mw2 with the clear host advantage. If he can't beat you "quick" scoping, he's not really quick is he..

I have been challenged before but i do not quickscope. I agreed to one of them and hardscoped the crap out of him. Boy was he pissed. He cried that i didn't follow the rules but i told him i don't quickscope before hand . I'm not saying i haven't lost to a quickscoper, because i have but not by much.

I am a thorn in most quickscopers side. It was in the same challenge match where i came in 3rd out of 8 others that was quickscoping. I was only down by 7 from score limit of 50, but they was still pissed that i wasn't quickscoping so they booted me out there private match and the one Guy i had on my friends list that was in that private match removed me and called me garbage.

Its because quickscoping requires more skill than using any gun. To all of you replying about when people want to 1v1 you: That's not what the thread is about.

vims1990

If some kid challenged me to a 1 vs. 1 with snipers, I'd join him, switch to a Type 95 with Rapid Fire & Red Dot and make him rage.