11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 12:21 PM by HHimmler66 RSS

Do ballistic vests work?

Just wondering as everytime I've used them I die as easy as when I'm not wearing them, so don't bother picking them up now. Also wondered what the point was of having them in the game. Probably the developers couldn't think of anything else to add to the game.

• Re: Do ballistic vests work?
    whytie84

Yeah they work. I notice they make a big difference when in a lobby that is not lagging. If its a laggy lobby you still stand no chance.

If you play hardcore you really notice the difference they make. Played HC TDM for clan ops and ran uav and vests as my support streaks. The amount of times I got shot in the back and had time to turn 180 and kill the guy was unbelievable.

But don't use them....pls. They piss me off in core games, especially if the person using the vest has final stand or DMH on.

i have been tryin them out for a change and to help out team and it may have been luck but i put them down took 1 and a pred came down about 15 sec later hit me and my screen went red but i lived i was like WTF so goin by that i think they do unless i was just lucky as hell

wridtrvlr

They are beasts!!!   Love them, me and my team have been using them a lot lately in HCKC.  I can't even tell you how many kills I've gotten because the enemy will burst fire thinking that the 3-4 bullets should kill me.  HAHAHAHA, when it doesn't. 

In CORE I don't see a point in using them as your health regenerates and bullets don't have that extra damage.  I don't bother grabbing them in CORE. 

Thanks for info about not really needing them in core. I don't play hardcore games cos I only class myself as an average player, so probably get owned a lot

wridtrvlr

I consider myself average as well but I absolutely can own in HC and get owned in CORE...  I feel like I get a jump on people and normally always see them first which is a HUGE advantage in HC b/c normally the first one to fire the shot is the last one alive. 

When I first started playing HC, I did the exact thing you described...  Shot a guy thinking OK he dead next target only to get killed by that guy in return.  I was like WTF!!!  He had on a vest, BVest dont really do anything in core mode but will save your life here and there in HC. 

Only thing I dislike is the way it changes your field of view, so in saying that maybe they are protecting the head from headshots..

Thesandman

Love them in HC although i find it strange that they protect against headshots, even though they don't cover the head.

yes they work. they let you take a few extra hits.