1 2 3 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 2:14 PM by azn_chic RSS

This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest

Finding a lobby with a respectable amount of players not using ACR, Type 95 or MP7. I'm running into people spamming these weapons at an alarming rate. All modes, all levels of players, all day. It's ridiculous. I feel like I'm searching for buried treasure. It shouldn't be like this. I maintain that IW doesn't do nearly enough to encourage weapon variety.

• 1. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest
    scolia5044

Shouldn't matter who uses what gun if there on your team as long as they help toward a victory. And if it's your enemy it really shouldn't matter all your only concern should be shooting back

• 2. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest

I'd rather have a lobby with everyone using not-these weapons than have my whole team and the whole other team using them.

• 3. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest
    highlandsparky

There's plenty of weapon variety, it's just that some people don't care, and choose to stick with the same weapon or two. I don't see how this is a big issue, whatever gun they have, if I see them first it's not going to matter.

• 4. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

The gun they use doesn't matter. They can use whatever gun they want. It's the player behind the controller and his skill is what matters. Give a n00b an MP7 and he's still a n00b. It's not going to transform him instantly into a MOAB- skilled player.

• 5. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest

The problem is when 15th prestiges are running around with ACR's and MP7s and they've gotten 10k kills with each and have 2-3 hundred kills with like 5 other weapons. If you are that good, prove it, use some weapons that take adaptation, not crutch weapons.

• 6. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest

I've seen this complaint a lot, spanning multiple Call of Duty titles, and I've never understood it.

In all the online CoD matches I've played, I don't recall ever getting frustrated over what gun another player used.

Honest question (not trolling or hating):

Why does other players' gun choice bother so many people?

• 7. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest
    JetEye

I couldn't agree more.  Unfortunately you come to a point where you're tired of getting your ass handed to you because you try taking the high road using weapons like the M60 and everyone else uses the Akimbo FMG-9s.  Striker, ACR, Type 95, MP7, etc... you finally think to yourself, "why should I have to suffer using the non-crutch weapons when everyone else is using the crutch weapons?"  I've finally said, if you can't beat 'em (even though you can, but it's exhausting), join 'em.  I'm having a lot more fun using the crutch weapons.

What I hate about this game the most is the community, not the game itself.  People insist on using anything and everything they can to their advantage, instead of trying to challenge themselves.

• 8. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I know you hate getting killed but there's not much you can do against people using those guns. You cannot control what they can use or not. That's a fact. If you want to do that then set up your own unranked dedicated server and play MW3 on PC. You can then choose what the players on your server can use and what not.

The best you can do is to increase your skill, have a counter for them, or use them yourself. Getting mad at them will do nothing. They like that gun and they know they get their best gameplay using those guns so why change? Not everyone uses a certain gun just to get a litttle title that indicates you killed 2,500 guys with it. Some uses the same setup over and over because it bring out the best in them.

• 9. Re: This Shouldn't Be a Mystical Quest

Esy wrote:

I'd rather have a lobby with everyone using not-these weapons than have my whole team and the whole other team using them.

Good sir perhaps it is you who needs to "adapt" as you cannot handle players using ACR's or MP7's.  I sense a great lack of adaption in you and quite frankly it disturbs me.  I am able to dominate with the ACR and MP7 quite easily and often scoff at the thought of handicapping oneself by using atrociously bad weapons such as the PM9, are you trying to lose?

1 2 3 Previous Next