48 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 5:45 PM by opb81 RSS

Has anyone else's Kill/Death ratio started dropping recently?

Just wondered if anyone else's has dropped lately. I've never been that good on COD games, my kill death ratio on all others usually goes up and down between 1 - 1.5. I went on mw3 from when it came out till about mid december last year, and my ratio was about 1.2 prestige 3.Had a couple of months break cos got a bit bored of it.

Anyway I seem to be losing gunfights a lot lately, even when I fire first at people I always seem to be the one to die first. Seems to be worse since I downladed the elite content. I'm not gonna start blaming lag etc though, as I might just be going through a bad patch. My kill/death ratio is at 0.92 now and still dropping. Can't seem to go positive lately on many games. I don't have that more deaths than kills in a game only a couple here and there but obviously it adds up over time hence the low ratio.

• Re: Has anyone else's Kill/Death ratio started dropping recently?

Mine hasn't dropped that much but it is dropping. As soon as I subscribed to elite my KDR seemed to start going down. I find if I have a couple of great nights, winning every gun fights, seemingly having loads of heatlh, then the game will penilize me. For the next week I'm the easy victim. Always going negative and always on the losing team. The game drives me nuts.

the_eon

A lot of people are suffering at the minute dude. I went negative most of double XP weekend or Bendy Bullet weekend as it's now known.

It got a bit better, last night was typical for me. First game do really well. Can't go positive for the next 4-5 games, laag is terrible and I'm not even hosting. Kept changing lobbies until I heard some UK voices and low and behold I start going positive again.

Just about sums up the game - Inconsistant!!

jonnyboyuk

Definately has dropped in the last month by 0.50 mine has now i have switched to playing hardcore after emptying a whole mag with me p90 into someone and getting then getting stabbed what a joke but i have found that H/C is a lot more camp driven but hey at least when you shoot someone they die using the M16 now this would not be possible on core tdm.Fustrating is the word but I still like the game but maybe next time it will be better NOT !!!

lmao

jonnyboyuk

Yeah tell me about it. Here i had a steady climbing kdr (1.30) and accuracy (21.24), now I'm fighting to keep them from dropping so fast, now they sit at 1.19 and 19.12 respectfully. The accuracy is dropping due to shots not registering due to sync issues, the kdr is dropping due to crappy implemented lag comp, match making us with people on the other side of the world that seems to have dialup as a internet connection.

Then you have people that's artificially throttling or bogging their internet connection, people using software to introduce lag on the connection are not helping matters at all, these people should be punished just like the lag switch users are.

9 times out of 10 in this game i see a 3 bar on my connection during the game, hell last night i had a game where i had a single red bar. Very few times do i ever see a full 4 bar. All day today every match every body had 3 bars or lower. It was a total warp fest, hitmarker with a full magazine, being one shorted to death. And we wonder why our accuracy and kdr are dropping like flies.

whytie84

I blame clan ops and double xp weekends for my KD drop.

I had a 2.65 KD at the start of one particular clan ops and went down to 2.61 in one sitting. Doesn't sound alot but it bloomin well is. Alot of time was spent getting it from 2.61 to 2.65, and it dropped at the click of a finger. The lag is Attrocious when these events are on.

As clan leader I feel u should participate but what's the poit when u play against the French all night and lag like hell.

Last tdm clan ops my guys played private matches all night. Best fun we had (online) in ages.

Its sad that people have to revert to private matches to have fun in the game because the match making system is broken, which put you into a match with someone from the opposite side of the globe. And with the lag comp being messed up it just makes it that much worse. That is what me and my friends have been doing lately. Private matches because we all are in the USA and have decent internet connections and hardly get screwed by lag comp due to a crap connection, lag due to being on the opposite side of the globe or from people throttling or lagging the connection.

Its during these private matches is the only time i see all in the game with a 4 bar connection. I hope before too long that IW gets their thumb out their butts and fixes the game.

Lol that's where I put the blame recently. I got premium a couple weeks ago and been doing the clan ops. I am not good in hardcore mainly because I rush. I can't stay in a corner and wait for someone to pass. So the clan ops have been hurting me but helping my clan level up lol.

vampdt

I went from 2.3 to 1.2 to 1.07 (now) but ClanOps killed my KD ratio. Running around trying to get as much kills/tags/flags as possible fast without caring for KD.

duderew

Yep, my k/d and w/l have been heading south for some time now...  I've never had this with any other COD game where my stats constantly go down for such a long period of time.  I have absolutely terrible hit detection.  I'm an insta-kill constantly.  And I'm experiencing lag spikes regularly.  My connectivity has been bad in this game from the start, but the last several weeks it's been awful...

jburg1ner

This cod game is prob one of hardest games to have a good k/d do to the lag most ppl experiance. I maybe wrong but like you guys say it all prob has to be from the elite content. I honestly think IW can careless what ppl say and all im seeing is ppl quiting cod games all because of this game mw3 and main reason lag comp IW not putting effort on fixing this problems

the_eon

If people are suffering from Lag and still getting a 2+ KD without camping then fair play, you must be a very good player. I tend to rush and flank a lot and lag is not good for that gamestyle + my aim is crap at 13.95% which doesn't help...... although I blame my hip firing PPM90M1 for that

schlag2dash

My K/D has dropped as well. I gave up on this game. dont care what guns i use, what perks i use, or killstreaks i use anymore... This is the worst COD.. to many issues with the spawns, lag, and WTF moments. Im just trying to keep myself from going mental until Blops 2 is out....

My k/d was 2.05.. it has now dropped to 1.95..

yes my did and it started Monday. Mine was 1.95 and now it's 1.14. i was on liberation and i got my reaper and i didn't get one kill with it. I'd drop a missile right on the enemy and they wouldn't die. it now takes me dam near a full clip to get a kill and i die with one shot.

nazerr

How about this, i got another account, the K/D was 2.18, but even if i go positive each game, it still goes down... i mean what does this game want from me ? It expects me to go 30-0 every game. The profile is around level 50, non prestige, little under 1500 kills and about 750 deaths. I went on it last night and ruined the K/D from 2.18 to 2.00. I know when you have little kills and deaths it goes up and down alot, but why when i come out positive in matches ?

wridtrvlr

For me it has been getting better and better but the games seem inconsistent.

I will have rounds where I go 30-12, more than a 2.0 k/d and then the very next match, same dudes and all, and I will end up going negative.  Those games I am just sitting there going WTF is going on?? 

rlbl

yeah we all get those. I will have a game where I do decent, then the next game (same people and no apparent host migrations) I cannot seem to kill anything.

Seems very weird.

ghamorra

I know the feeling. I can't seem to pull off consistent matches ever. You go super positive one round and then you're stuck doing everything you can just to keep off the bottom of the leader board

wridtrvlr

Glad I'm not the only one, I didn't assume I was, but it's nice to hear it.  It's these things that really make no sense to me at all. 

Jacks_Spleen

Does anyone have an answer for this?  Where one match you are beast, the next you lose every single showdown, entire clips of hitmarkers, then the guy in final stand kills you with 2 or 3 pistol rounds.  All the same players, host seems to be the same, and swinging all over the score board, finishing top, then second from the bottom with a 2-16.  Or maybe the host has changed, if that's the case, and whoever is host is such a gamechanger for everone, what does this say for the game.  That skill and strategy has less and less to do with this game?  There are matches where I'm fighting against wizards with magic bullets and timeshifting abilities.

The last couple of days I've leveled the playing fields, running with lmgs and unloading, ensuring i do more damage faster than everyone else.  That and every time i go on a killing spree, i now turn around to find the people i just killed spawning twenty feet behind me or beside me.  Hell one guy last night i killed about 8 times in one match, half the times because of this crap, who needs tac insert, the guy you just killed will be spawning behind you to kill you in 3 2 1...

Wizards I tell you, wizards!

Perkadelic

i'm in the same boat but i wouldn't necessarily blame the usual suspects - i have a feeling once the DLC was added to the standard playlists alot of pro players took advantage of double xp weekend to wreak havoc on the DLC noobs (like myself)

AR76

Well, I have noticed a lot more yellow bars carrying a 2+ kdr in games.  This is always suspicious to me.  In general, I have found myself leaving lobbies early if I find that I am at a significant disadvantage around corners.  I only join 50ms lobbies too.  It seems as though a lot of sub 4 bar players are doing well- this is a problem that has plagued the CoD series since the original Modern Warfare for people with exceptionally good ISP's and setups.  In my opinion, anything below 4 bars should be sucking a 4 bar's balls.  You play with greater than 100ms ping because you have no choice, not because it gives you an advantage- which seems to be quite the opposite to how things really are.  I actually read a post about someone trying to find the "sweet spot" on the counter-lag system, how exactly does one do that legitimately?  By legitimately I mean without modifying with their network or using tools to generate lag.

StoNeS0629

Not saying I am great at this game but I have noticed this as well.  My KDR prior to the DLC drop was almost a 1.29, I say almost because I had it up to a 1.285 - since the drop it is now down to 1.277 and droping everygame.   It seemed like prior to the drop I would have the majority of my games would be positive with a few bad or negative games mixed in.  Now it seems like the majority of my games are bad or negative with only a couple games good or positive.  It's been frustrating playing since the DLC drop.

JPE777

Although the lag/connection problems described in this thread are real, it wouldnt be the reason why your KD's etc are starting to fall now.

The REAL reason will be that after downloading the new maps etc, your match making has changed and shared amongst a (relatively) smaller number of players. The average standard of the these players will be signifcantly better then the average player throughout the entire game.

Losing more gunfights then before? Thats because you're meeting more players with more experience, better reactions, better situational awareness etc.

JPE777

No worries.

Dont get me wrong, the lag problems are very real but they havent suddenly got any worse then they did before.

Things like the different matchmaking etc really do show how misleading the KD stat can be sometimes. There are so many other factors that have a bearing on it other then your own skill/ability.

The good news is though that if you keep playing with the DLC, ie against better players on average then before, you'll become a better player yourself even if your KD doesnt necessarilly reflect it.

mine has started to go up.  maybe since the last patch.. i was at 1.24 and slowly droping but since the patch im back up too 1.26 and improving..

I was at a 1.9 Kd and stopped playing the game for a few months. I came back to play the double xp weekend and now my KD is down to 1.38 and i cant seem to win a single gun fight.

Ha!  This giant lagging mess is NOT because I am playing against better players!  That's funny We are explaining the lag and hit detection has deteriorated worse and worse every 'fix' that is downloaded.  I used to be able to play with friends in a party and have good and bad games..then the lag comp made it so I could play with maybe 2 or 3 friends now I can't even play with 1 person in a party.  Hit detection is WAY OFF and I am being shot around corners and through walls by invisible people...I am being insta-killed without any blood and my poor body is thrown through the air after one invisible bullet from the invisible player hits me...people are spawning behind me and on and on...this is a terrible COD prob.  and no it's not because the players insta-killing me and shooting me around corners are better.  I know because a while back the lag comp was favoring me on some games and I was invincible..not better than them.  I had a good 2 sec on everyone.  My KDR is 1.51 which is good for me, but I only play for a few games and give up lately so it hasn't gone down too much.  UGH.

What happens to me is that theres times where for 2 full days i get 5kd every game but then the next day i just get 1.5-2 kd every game and i get angry really fast... Imo it is just about lucky or unlucky streaks Right now im on a good streak, i just got an assault moab

SheSaidNo

It's always the lag.  Mine's slowly inching up.  But I only play when the lag is in my favor.  I log on and get into a match.  If I'm getting decent hit markers and not getting shot from behind corners then I keep going.  But when it's crap, and lets face it, it's more often crap, I put the controller down and replace it with a beer.

JPE777

As Ive already said, the lag problems within the game are very real.

The problem is that people are using this as the explanation (excuse?) for a sudden decline in their performance.

If it appears you are only just recently suffering from lag problems, it isnt because its only just now you are suffering from them (you always have done),its because its only now, that you're facing opponents that are regularly "good enough" for the lag to be an issue.

Full of lag or no lag at all, if you face better opponents then "normal" your stats will take a hit.

Last 3 weeks have been a head scratcher for me...

Before I go on, I admit I'm not a player that has "godly skills" but compared to most players I come across, I'm usually on top.

Anyways, 3 weeks ago, I was sporting a 1.97 KD & a impressive 2.7 W/L. I'm not sure what just happened, but at this point, I can barely bring my KD back past 1.92 & keep it there. My W/L is almost still intact. My playing style & parties have barely changed. 40 percent of games I can go double digit Kills & single digit Deaths, while the other 60 perecnt I have no idea what Im doing wrong. Most of the time, I'm confident I can bring down an enemy on my own, but when I try, they kill me faster & with ease, no matter the level of the opponent. I do rush & flank, depending on the enemies' position. I don't use killstreaks & preks that don't suit my style.

my k/d doesnt drop mine grows somehow

Used to have a decent K/D ratio, would manage roughly to get between 25/35 kills to 10/15 deaths or so, and finishing mostly in the top 3, I stopped playing for a month, logged back on the last week been playing daily since then but 9/10 i am rock bottom with high deaths and struggling to get past 10 kills.

Many times i crept round a corner pull off a perfect knife attack, enemy runs past turns rounds and knifes me back.

How could i become so rusty in the space of a month.

adsjones

My k/d currently stands at 1.5 ... Its not my fault though lol .. its this shat games connection im sick of being 1 or 2 seconds behind french, spanish or genrman people .. so much co that i dont use my mic anymore cos no one talks the lingo!

I'm kinda pleased to hear that others are having similar problems as me because I was thinking I was getting totally useless at this game rather than just below average.  But... as I posted elsewhere, I fired up Black Ops for the first time since last November and it was brilliant.  People died when I shot them, when I got shot it was my own fault... for the last two or three weeks in MW3 I've been having a nightmare, shot by people I don't see,... blah blah blah, you all know the story... but for me Black Ops is running really nicely so I'll leave it in the drive for a while, maybe check out MW2 and 1 as well.  I'll still play MW3 on and off but I reckon Prestige 11 is one too many anyway.

Shrydo

Tonight started off good for a few matches, then lag started setting in and I was struggling to stay positive.  Lag has been real bad for me the last few weeks actually.  I was getting very close to getting a 2.0kd(TDM), now its dropped down to 1.97, with 40,000+ kills, that takes a lot of bad matches lol.

playing game modes i don't usually play for clan ops is what dropped mine.

Thesandman

Im the same. I normally play HC Dom, but played core TDM in yesterdays clan op and my KDr is dropping fast. I was 1.45 when i went 10th prestige,but now im 1.396 and lately its just in freefall. Maybe some players have became better as they have got used to the game.

3.45 KD here ... Cannot complain
    15th Prestige

opb81

It has become better once double xp weekened has ended. I finished up last weekends tdm clan op averaging 2.5+ kdr vs my overall 1.10. However during the double xp weekend it was the first time my overall kdr dropped since I got the game. Now that things have stablized for the moment I am back on the rise.