21 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 10:24 AM by zestroy RSS

Last nights player count.....

zvers

How's it hangin' community?

I just wanted to see what your reactions were on last nights player count on PS3. Core TDM only had 62k players in it.....I have never seen it that low!!! Was there something special on TV last night that I missed or are people finally giving up? Core TDM is usually at least 80k so this is a significant drop. Have you xbox players noticed anything like this? PC players, you guy's are hacked and forgotten so I think I can guess what your thoughts are! No flaming, I used to play on PC until I realized that they don't care about PC, so I switched.

Do you think this is just PS3 or does this mean people are actually leaving instead of just threatening too leave?? Am I rushing to judgement?? Is it possible to see a triple rainbow??

3, 2, 1.......

• Re: Last nights player count.....
    zvers

No one else noticed anything unusual....alrighty then.

well there was playoff hockey, basketball is in the last week of regular season, and it was church night.

iamhollywood5

MW3 doesn't have lasting value and COD is on the way out.  I haven't played the game in months, I pretty much only play on days that new maps come out.

In general - people don't really enjoy this game as much as previous CoD's, so numbers have dropped off since Christmas last year.

Both Blackops and MW2 held a higher percentage of it's sales figure playing online after 6 months than MW3 has. So despite the hype achieveing greater overall sales, there is actually less people online than there was with Black Ops.

In addition to the flaws in the game that all versions have - The PS3 version has suffered with major technical flaws affecting host frame rates and fuzzier graphics so many people have gone back on MW2 instead for the smooth technical performance of the game, and Black Ops for the less frustarting gameplay experience. Unfortunately MW3 is the worst of both worlds and is clearly a rushed job.

The only thing that keeps me playing is that it's the game that everyone else plays. I really hope the FPS community champions a new game soon and we can all move on to that.

I've gone back to both Black Ops and MW2.  I play on PS3. Both seem to have good numbers every night (last night, Blops was over 300K after 8PM est). 

MW3 is too inconsistent.  Both of these older games, in my opinion, are less frustrating and WAY more fun.  Is it me, or does MW3 seem like it should be the game that was made 2 years ago?

I gave up on MW3 a month ago and always check these message boards to see if any of the problems have been resolved.  Although, it should be pretty evident, if they hadn't fixed the issues within the first few months they won't (or in reality can't) ever fix them.

otisman666

Reasons for declining player load:

1. Game too easy

2. Game too hard

3. Connection issues are troubling

4. It's spring time and some COD dorks haven't been laid since WAW, so they are out on the prowl (look out ladies!).

ghorman

All of my friends have either moved back to BLOPs or over to the Ghost Recon beta.  MW3 just runs like crap compared to the previous titles.  The lag compensation pretty much have driven all my friends away from MW3.  We are 6 months into the game and IW can't fix the lag compensation issues.  Maybe treyarch can pull the series back up.

vims1990

If you want to know some interesting observations from the XBOX 360 side:

During the time I play MW3, numbers have significantly dropped over the last couple of months which is quick for the new COD title. Be mindful I'm speaking from the time a majority of NZ & Australia players are playing COD.

Also, Black Ops has overtaken MW3 in player count when I normally play COD.

- Approx 80,000 - 90,000 play MW3

- Black Ops player count is just over 100,000 players

- Black Ops last year when it was the new COD title had around 250,000+ players until Mid October. (this is the same time where I normally play MW3)

MW2 was hovering around the 80,000 player mark.

- Matchmaking for a locale lobby is much faster on Black Ops with all DLC compared to MW3 without DLC enabled.

10,000 players more on Black Ops doesn't seem like alot but don't you think it's odd that it's late April & Black Ops is still strong in player count.

Could it be that players are sick of COD or just MW3?

adw1983

The best players on my friends list have switched back to Black Ops.

MW3 simply does not reward good play.

I could have sworn the lag comp is part performance based, looking at how everyone with assassin aims just as fast as I do with Quickdraw. lol.

anoreo

black ops had over 200k people last night, most impressive

djtn

I think Black Ops players are mostly zombie players or combat training. Last night we all left MW3 after 4 matches where our bullets didn’t register and constantly getting killed by one bullet from someone you didn’t see till the kill cam. It was maddening to say the least…

We had fun playing Black Ops zombies and combat training but in multiplayer it takes a whole clip to kill someone. It’s not as frustrating as MW3 but has its own problems. The sync issues are there as well just not as apparent as MW3’s.

Another fail on MW3 is that Spec Ops Survival is not fun and only 2 player. No co-op campaign on either title is fail as well. Almost every AAA title has co-op campaign these days. It helps alleviate MP boredom and frustration. Both studios have claimed that co-op campaign is not included because it would take away from the timing and impact of the single player story but I’d be willing to bet it’s because they haven’t figured out a way to create a new revenue stream with that component. Well that, and the short development cycles.

But I digress, the player count for MW3 last night was under 400k with 150k + in the standard MP Playlist (peak time). I often question these numbers anyway as I never see anyone on my friends list playing MW3. Looking back to the MW2 days, almost every friend I had was playing MW2 every night, all the way up until the release of Black Ops.

I do not have a PS3 but I do have a XBOX 360 and I called xbox and they said because of COD servers, any time that you have to exit a game without actually leaving the game (i.e. turning off you console in the middle of the game or you game freezes)  what they said is download your profile (do not delete it and re download it) just download a fresh copy - for some reason it corrupts with COD games - it has been an excellent help and game play is so much better. I have better connection and far better game play.

I do not have a PS3 but I do have a XBOX 360 and I called xbox and they said because of COD servers, any time that you have to exit a game without actually leaving the game (i.e. turning off you console in the middle of the game or you game freezes)  what they said is download your profile (do not delete it and re download it) just download a fresh copy - for some reason it corrupts with COD games - it has been an excellent help and game play is so much better. I have better connection and far better game play.