32 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 3:08 PM by TheRacer RSS

Why are people online so mean?

I've noticed a lot of people online are really mean, especially clans.  I don't mute them because I can't help but listen to what they say.  It's also really annoying when little kids are being @$$holes and saying they're going to hack you or call you a poopface because they think you hack.

• Re: Why are people online so mean?

Daocow123 wrote:

I've noticed a lot of people online are really mean, especially clans.  I don't mute them because I can't help but listen to what they say.  It's also really annoying when little kids are being @$$holes and saying they're going to hack you or call you a poopface because they think you hack.

I don't get that its like if you hack why  would that threat get to you? funny people

Well you are given kids a way to insult people (that apparently its cool to do it) without the repercussions of getting themselves in actual trouble and thats apealing to so many people..

Just ignore them or attack back, but not with cuss words or death threats. Try to be clever and sarcastic, and stay away from the "your mom" jokes, for they are for little kids.

And if they call you a hacker when your not that's a complement, because that only means you're too good to be true

momskirbyok

Most people are mean online because this game is catered for 10-12 year olds. 2/3 of the people that have mics are 10 years old..no joke.

nintendon't

Most people are mean online because this game is catered for 10-12 year olds. 2/3 of the people that have mics are 16 years old and under and shouldn't have the game in the first place or should be able to post on these forums whatsoever..no joke.

I noticed some typographical errors, and being the good samaritan I am, I fixed them for you.

Well... because their balls haven't dropped so they actually have a lot to proof... and also our youth has slowly withered down into something horrible... whiny crybabies that can't think or learn.

They love games that insta-gratify them... so they play CoD. It's just sad how annoying they can get.

where the h3ll are the parents???  When my son is playing, he is only 13, Im always withing an ear shot from him.  I would take the game (PS3) away in a heart beat if I caught him talking the way 95% of the other young kids are doing.

Oh and dont get me started on the game tags that Ps3 allows others to have as well. 

Waiting to see if 3ARC lets poeple create custom pics again since that gets really vulgar most of the time.  I never understood why a swastika would get a ban but a *** shot is ok.....

momskirbyok

Well, if someone had a image that was immature and stupid, you could most likely infer that they are unter the age of 5.

McZOMBI

I'd find a swastika infintely more vulgar than a ***shot to be honest. A ***shot just represents a childish mind whereas a swastika barely suggests one at all.

padiego

I don't find anything to be offensive, except maybe the burning of the peruvian flag, but other than that, stick and stones may break my bones but words and pictures will never hurt me....unless you're a smartas* and throw a dictionary/pictionary at me...

HHimmler66 wrote:

where the h3ll are the parents???  When my son is playing, he is only 13, Im always withing an ear shot from him.  I would take the game (PS3) away in a heart beat if I caught him talking the way 95% of the other young kids are doing.

Oh and dont get me started on the game tags that Ps3 allows others to have as well. 

Waiting to see if 3ARC lets poeple create custom pics again since that gets really vulgar most of the time.  I never understood why a swastika would get a ban but a *** shot is ok.....

This was one of the reasons of wii not having it, i heard.

CoachO

I've found the opposite to be true... My experiences on the wii have been positive, overall.  I usually run into good dudes who enjoy playing and only talk smack inequity good humor.  That being said, I have run into douchebags but that's not too often.  I watch a ton of videos on YouTube and it seems to me there are less douches on wii (hackers excluded) than on PS/360... My $.02

bubbacake

The online community is jam-packed full of punks who will talk to you like that. They've no reason not to (unless their parents walk in on them, lol.)

What I dont get is why are these little kids even playing these games... they are so annoying on the think that i actually mute them. Also... on the game in multiplayer... no one has any sense of honor... every time i am paused... i will have my gun pointed up in the air and i will not move. if i get killed... my gun will still be pointing in the air. no one has any sense of honor at all.

1 word: ego

codcanuck

Because many of the people with mics are little immature kids less than 10 years old whose parents SOMEHOW got an M-rated game for them. Either the parents don't care about them, leading to some problems when talking to people, or their parents cater to their every want and need, building up their ego and arrogance.

So yeah, basically I'm blaming irresponsible parents (no offense intended to any good parents out there)

"Someday I'll be living in a big ol' city and all your ever gonna be is mean. Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me and all your ever gonna be is mean. Why you gotta be so mean?"  Feel free to join in and sing with me anytime.

I like the kiddos that are like "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE MEAN TO ME BECAUSE I'M LEVEL 72!!!" Like level or prestige actually give you prestige and cloute in this, or any other, game. The thing is, you have good days, and you have bad days. The good days, you have tons of fun, the bad days you want to rip somebody's head off. In the end, it's all still pretty fun, and you do get a good number of good people out there

TheRacer

clans are more of being ignorant and just start trash talking to some person for either using a gun thats not really used much and tagging that gun as "OP" or so on and saying how good their clan is when its just a game not competition of whos clan is the best and whos not. Kids...dont get me started... i had this one kid after a match just started to swear beyond my imagination and just calling me a hacker and even more and i was surprised on how music or older people saying it and kids just get much quicker and get caught on into the mainstream to where searing is a "good" thing and making them think that they will me "cool" to do that. kids are just annoying than anything in the face of this earth. trust me i had that urge to tell them runts to either do their homework and learn something rather than just screaming and whining in the game and swearing. stores like gamestop or create something that puts a stop to selling rated M games to kids (even accompanied with an adult) until the kid is 18 years older.